Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:24 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

You are Tony, right Eusebius? I thought that I had seen your face before! Thanks for the link. The site looks really good. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 PM

342 posts, read 540,677 times
John 3:16-19 God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on Him would have eternal life........GOD LOVES MAN....His creation.......but some (MOST) men do not love (OBEY) God.....(those who love me obey me)............That is the problem.......some love the darkness more than the Light for fear that their sins will be exposed..........God loves all of humanity the same but it is men who choose to separate themselves from God.......for most it will be an eternal separation.......for only a few ever find the narrow path......the highway to hell is broad......this is what Jesus said.....

Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
John 3:16-19 God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on Him would have eternal life........GOD LOVES MAN....His creation.......but some (MOST) men do not love (OBEY) God.....(those who love me obey me)............That is the problem.......some love the darkness more than the Light for fear that their sins will be exposed..........God loves all of humanity the same but it is men who choose to separate themselves from God.......for most it will be an eternal separation.......for only a few ever find the narrow path......the highway to hell is broad......this is what Jesus said.....

Some "love the darkness" because they are in ignorance. Ignorance meaning "UNAWARE". If they understood the light, they would cling to the light. They don't actually "love" darkness. They don't. When you cling to darkness, it is only because you are LOOKING for LOVE. Every human being desires love. That is a universal (pardon the pun..lol) fact.
EVERY human wants to be loved.

Some are so desperate, some have had so LITTLE of it in their lives they sink into darkness.... some do terrible things. Some hurt others in their quest for love. And then when they hurt others, people hate them. So there's even MORE non-love their way. It's a vicious cycle. It happens in all walks of life. From a murderer or a rapist to the alcoholic who tries to escape their reality to the lady in the fancy store buying expensive perfume, clothes and make-up in an attempt to find love. LOOK AT ME! Aren't I beautiful? Please LOVE me.
The little girl sitting in a classroom right now with no friends.... "PLEASE someone love me".

The immigrant struggling to learn English and having people look down on him..."someone PLEASE love me".

The old man who lost his wife and is now isolated, hoping someone will call and bring him out of his loneliness..."someone PLEASE love me"

The young man, driving around in his sports car thinking he's cool..."someone PLEASE love me."

WE ALL JUST WANT TO BE LOVED.
WE ALL WANT LOVE.
GOD IS LOVE.
WE ALL WANT GOD.

A lot of us just don't quite understand that yet. A lot of us just do not REALIZE that the thing we've been searching for all of our lives is LOVE. (God)

GOD sees our HEARTS. how difficult is that to understand.
Don't you see???

Don't you see??

God sees that the alcoholic, when he tips the bottle towards his lips and peers in the bottle.... he is LOOKING FOR GOD at the bottom of the bottle.
GOD UNDERSTANDS THIS. HE KNOWS ALL MANKIND DESIRES GOD.
But most people don't understand this yet.
But GOD understands.

ALL lives are a thread in the tapestry of life.
ALL lives will tell a tale.... all lives will be a story... of just what happens when we are separated from God and desperately try to find Him. So many wrong paths people take in trying to find God again. But the real beauty of this tapestry... is that even the WORST path, even the worst darkness a person is in.. they will NOT ultimately ESCAPE His grasp.

God will show us in the big picture... that no matter what, the most lost person in this universe, God loves them and has prepared a place for them. God is showing us that HE IS LOVE. That there is NOTHING we can do to make Him not love us anymore. What HE is ultimately going to reveal to ALL of mankind is that... LOVE CONQUERS ALL. Darkness is powerless.
Evil is utterly POWERLESS.
Do you think EVIL will win?
If ONE human being is lost forever, EVIL HAS CONQUERED.
God says LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
What is LOVE?
GOD!!

GOD CONQUERS ALL!

What is evil? Evil is just an unawareness of love, of light, of God.
Turn on a light in a dark room.
The darkness dissapears.
When love enters into a darkened heart... evil will be no more.

We are here for a reason.
This world is a schoolyard.
A contrast between love and non-love.
Every single day, so many choices are made, and we feel the effects of those choices, individually and collectively. Before you look down on a murderer sitting in prison, think to yourself "There but for the grace of God go I".

Our search for love can end up on some of the darkest paths imaginable.
It's so sad that some paths are so dark. IF there were more of us putting out more love in the world perhaps this would not be so.
Thank God, HE will ultimately shine His loving light on EVERY SINGLE PATH.
The further a person walks away from God, (unknowingly or knowingly) the further God walks PAST that person and is waiting for him at the end.
Some may not reach that end until they pass over.
But God is still there.
And His arms are WIDE OPEN.

Peace.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-08-2009 at 11:23 PM..

Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Amen, Sparrow. Great post! Gjod's blessings.

Quote:
ALL lives are a thread in the tapestry of life.
ALL lives will tell a tale.... all lives will be a story... of just what happens when we are separated from God and desperately try to find Him. So many wrong paths people take in trying to find God again. But the real beauty of this tapestry... is that even the WORST path, even the worst darkness a person is in.. they will NOT ultimately ESCAPE His grasp.

God will show us in the big picture... that no matter what, the most lost person in this universe, God loves them and has prepared a place for them. God is showing us that HE IS LOVE. That there is NOTHING we can do to make Him not love us anymore. What HE is ultimately going to reveal to ALL of mankind is that... LOVE CONQUERS ALL. Darkness is powerless.
Evil is utterly POWERLESS

Do you think EVIL will win?
If ONE human being is lost forever, EVIL HAS CONQUERED.
God says LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
What is LOVE?
GOD!!

GOD CONQUERS ALL!

What is evil? Evil is just an unawareness of love, of light, of God.
Turn on a light in a dark room.
The darkness dissapears.
When love enters into a darkened heart... evil will be no more.

We are here for a reason.
This world is a schoolyard.
A contrast between love and non-love.
Every single day, so many choices are made, and we feel the effects of those choices, individually and collectively. Before you look down on a murderer sitting in prison, think to yourself "There but for the grace go I".

Our search for love can end up on some of the darkest paths imaginable.
It's so sad that some paths are so dark. IF there were more of us putting out more love in the world perhaps this would not be so.
Thank God, HE will ultimately shine His loving light on EVERY SINGLE PATH.
The further a person walks away from God, (unknowingly or knowingly) the further God walks PAST that person and is waiting for him at the end.
Some may not reach that end until they pass over.
But God is still there.
And His arms are WIDE OPEN.

Peace.
Amen and Amen! God bless.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:18 AM

140 posts, read 459,355 times
Though I agree on some points Sparrow, I disagree on some things. The Bible says that the truth is written on all our hearts, so complete ignorance is not possible. I think deceived is a more accurate description of those in darkness. Those who ''love darkness'' have been tricked into thinking it's not dark at all, and it's so much better than ''HIS'' light. As for the OP, Jesus would not have died for the whole world if He did not love us all. The lack of love happens on our side of the relationship.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Those who ''love darkness'' have been tricked into thinking it's not dark at all, and it's so much better than ''HIS'' light
Good point supermom. God bless.

Rev. 12:
9And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:00 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
Though I agree on some points Sparrow, I disagree on some things. The Bible says that the truth is written on all our hearts, so complete ignorance is not possible. I think deceived is a more accurate description of those in darkness.
Until our eyes are opened, we are all blind. "...Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" is a concept we will never grasp in this life, unless we know the heart of God, instead of verbage that takes no understanding to absorb.

Quote:
Those who ''love darkness'' have been tricked into thinking it's not dark at all, and it's so much better than ''HIS'' light. As for the OP, Jesus would not have died for the whole world if He did not love us all. The lack of love happens on our side of the relationship.
It may appear to be so, but this "relationship" is more one-sided than we think. We are born with a such a strong awareness of self that we must "earn our keep" instead of walking and talking like people of a God who can be trusted to do what He said.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:40 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Though I agree on some points Sparrow, I disagree on some things. The Bible says that the truth is written on all our hearts, so complete ignorance is not possible. I think deceived is a more accurate description of those in darkness. Those who ''love darkness'' have been tricked into thinking it's not dark at all, and it's so much better than ''HIS'' light. As for the OP, Jesus would not have died for the whole world if He did not love us all. The lack of love happens on our side of the relationship.

Yes, God speaks to all. He is there in our heart. I never said I believe complete ignorance is possible. We must all take responsiblity for ourselves and for our actions. I'm just trying to point out that God UNDERSTANDS and SEES far more than we humans do. I was responding to the notion that some "LOVE the darkness" and therefore are disobeying God and God is going to fry them for all eternity (or at the least annihilate them). This is not so. God sees the desire in a human, that basic desire to LOVE and be loved. THIS is how God speaks to all. By putting in their heart that desire for HIM, for LOVE. That's what I'm talking about.

God will fulfill every human's desire. Every human will one day finally understand just how much they are loved. God didn't put us here, put the desire for love (God) into our hearts, and then when we search and search, some of us become LOST (because of living in this world of contrasts of light and dark), he's not going to then say "well, sorry... I love you, but you disobeyed me. I put the desire for God in your heart, and you didn't find me, so...I'm going to have to set your body on fire for all eternity. or, hmmm. let me think, maybe I'll just annihiliate you, that way it will be like you never even existed. I don't really need you that much, anyway. I have plenty of other people who DID find me! See ya!" No.... of course not. Of course not!! That would make God less than human. That would turn God into darkness. God is nothing but LOVE.
Like I said... this life here, is going to make perfect sense some day. We will see the big picture. We will see the purpose of this life and be exceedingly glad. I believe this with all of my heart. We have to, in a sense, learn how much WE TRULY NEED GOD. and how much GOD truly LOVES each and everyone of us. IF we were born into this already, into a perfect world and never KNEW the contrast, we would be like weird robots, we would not appreciate or REALIZE just what LOVE is just what GOD is. WE would NEVER know. This life, is worth it. With all of the pain and struggles we humans have created for ourselves (collectively and individually) it will all be worth it. It will all make sense. Those who are lost WILL be found.

God SEES more and understands more about each human being than any of us will. He SEES the heart. The only burning God is going to do is burning away the darkness from us. He is doing it with all of us on a daily basis, I believe. The only joy is in LOVE. Some think they are finding joy in darkness, but it is a false joy. It's a confusion.... it harms, it's nothingness, it's shallow emptiness. God knows this and wants us to find HIM, the SOURCE of pure joy, the SOURCE OF LOVE. We've all been there in some way, shape or form. I do know that we can all reach out to others, and help shine lights in the darkness and help chase the darkness (ignorance) away. We can all do something to show another human being love and acceptance to help smash the myth of "the power of darkness". Darkness has no power. We just heap power onto it... but there's no reason for that. Darkness is nothing. LOVE is the most powerful thing in this universe.

I trust God. Knowing that none will be lost allows me to love others, and not have fear. Knowing that God loves ALL, makes me want to love all, too. Knowing that there is a much bigger picture that we will all see someday gives me hope. Knowing that this life makes sense, gives me hope. Knowing that we are all here for a reason gives me hope. Knowing that all lives, all humans will finally one day, find what they have been looking for all of their lives, gives me encouragement and perserverance.
God will not turn His back on anyone. EVER.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:27 PM

342 posts, read 540,677 times
Quote:
John 3: 16-20.....Read it carefully.....Those who refuse to believe stand already condemned for not believing in God's only Son.....Pretty Clear... unless you are blinded by the deception of Universalism

Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Quote:

Ooops..the "should not perish" was left out of John 3:16!!! Perhaps that may be called " taking away" ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity