Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:51 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Is Gibbie a real catholic?

When did the Pope tick the jews and muslims off?

Last I knew they love to tick themselves up
Well he ticked off the Muslims with that speech he made was it a year or so ago over in Germany.
Lately He ticked off the Jews for lifting the excommunication against the bishops from SSPX that did not believe the Holocaust everr happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,001 times
The only real Catholic Who I've heard of was named: Mithra.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
The only real Catholic Who I've heard of was named: Mithra.
Yet, dcash does not show up in threads where I really wished he was there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Well he ticked off the Muslims with that speech he made was it a year or so ago over in Germany.
Lately He ticked off the Jews for lifting the excommunication against the bishops from SSPX that did not believe the Holocaust everr happened.
You missed one, Ted, and it's a biggie.

He lifted the restriction on the Tridentine which prays for the conversion of Jews.

He quoted Manuel Paleologos. QUOTED. But the problem is, I can hardly find a cleric or an imam who is at an equal intellectual level as Pope Benedict XVI. And this is the same crowd which arrested an innocent British lady, becoz she didn't know one of her students can name a teddy bear Mohammed. The kid named it, not even her. Let's not even give credit to the effigy-burning mob. But let's give credit to the Wussification of Europe, the millions of EU diplomats who criticized the Pope, becoz the very sight of cities burning a La Paris made them urinate in their pants.

While the millions of jewish people cannot stick their head out of the past, what exactly is wrong in welcoming some lost sheep back into the flock? They may have denied the holocaust in the past, but this is a "mere" congregational re-union. Now that they have dropped back into the ocean, what really amounts for Holocaust denial is an "official" statement from the Vatican, denying it.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:25 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,078 times
(ahhhh, the intellectual grandstanding way above the faithful (and their hopes frustrated by such generous dispense..)

Old 05-18-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Yet, dcash does not show up in threads where I really wished he was there

You missed one, Ted, and it's a biggie.

He lifted the restriction on the Tridentine which prays for the conversion of Jews.

He quoted Manuel Paleologos. QUOTED. But the problem is, I can hardly find a cleric or an imam who is at an equal intellectual level as Pope Benedict XVI. And this is the same crowd which arrested an innocent British lady, becoz she didn't know one of her students can name a teddy bear Mohammed. The kid named it, not even her. Let's not even give credit to the effigy-burning mob. But let's give credit to the Wussification of Europe, the millions of EU diplomats who criticized the Pope, becoz the very sight of cities burning a La Paris made them urinate in their pants.

While the millions of jewish people cannot stick their head out of the past, what exactly is wrong in welcoming some lost sheep back into the flock? They may have denied the holocaust in the past, but this is a "mere" congregational re-union. Now that they have dropped back into the ocean, what really amounts for Holocaust denial is an "official" statement from the Vatican, denying it.
Yes you are correct about the Good Friday prayer being a biggie.
You seem to have a strong dislike for Jews and Moslems.
There will never be peace in the world unless there is peace among the religions of the world.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
This has been the principal counter-argument hurled at me since a very long time.

If I highlight the distortion in the hyper-intensity of the emotion of Jews and Muslims, I am an anti-semite or an islamophobe by default

Old 05-18-2009, 06:45 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,078 times
Quote:
Yes you are correct about the Good Friday prayer being a biggie.

reads to the "outside" world like, agreed, but the war must go on????? supposed to?

There will never be peace in the world unless there is peace among the religions of the world.

since ideas can be agreed on and contentions made to disappear, but the war must go on, we continue first off with personal insinuations ("you seem to..")
fine public dialogue, when debate seems finished and great minds not on common grounds anyway.

imho.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
This has been the principal counter-argument hurled at me since a very long time.

Sounds like there is a martyr complex going on here.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Sounds like there is a martyr complex going on here.
Your jew and muslim champion complex will dwarf mine hands down

Moderator cut: Orphaned post/content

Obviously, this is a syndrome which has been cutting across liberals and conservatives. I mean, non-catholic conservatives

It's like they have a checklist, which they check against every day with a green marker. It reads: "I shed 500 crocodile tears for the holocaust and other so-called catholic crimes today, therefore I'm a good human being"

I have to admit, the "so-called" is my own little corruption. The actual checklist, in its unadulterated form, does not have this wicked word

What everyone fails to grasp is that these catholics, irrespective of their past, are some of the staunchest supporters of the state of Israel today. This is not even a footnote in their books.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Responding to juj, didn't see the last post before :D

Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,001 times
Quote:

If I highlight the distortion in the hyper-intensity of the emotion of Jews and Muslims, I am an anti-semite or an islamophobe by default
Perhaps, it is time you looked closely at how you express yourself, if, in fact, you are not an anti-semite. You certainly come across as one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity