Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:42 PM

14,890 posts, read 17,179,835 times

Advertisements

Hi wilvan, God's love is not conditional and this is what I was posting to. He loved us when were sinners before we even came to Him. If we come to Him today, we experience His salvation today and the blessings associated with this, but eventually He will reign in all hearts. This is His work and not ours. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 03:13 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,871 times
This unconditional love teaching, along with "everybody sins", is sending people to hell. This makes people feel comfortable committing sin because they can just simply ask for forgiveness afterward. Do you see how problematic this is?

God's Word says that your salvation, if you even have it, is conditional; one must be obedient to follow Christ. Jesus said:

Luke 14
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This unconditional love teaching, along with "everybody sins", is sending people to hell. This makes people feel comfortable committing sin because they can just simply ask for forgiveness afterward. Do you see how problematic this is?

God's Word says that your salvation, if you even have it, is conditional; one must be obedient to follow Christ. Jesus said:

Luke 14
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
It does not make me comfortable in the slightest , God deals with us a sons and let me tell you chastisement is no fun

Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,737,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It does not make me comfortable in the slightest , God deals with us a sons and let me tell you chastisement is no fun
My Dad used a cane on me till I was 16.

Let me tell you I'd have become a useless, criminal, unemployed punk otherwise

Old 06-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
My Dad used a cane on me till I was 16.

Let me tell you I'd have become a useless, criminal, unemployed punk otherwise
Well my Dad chastised me, cane and slipper and sometimes unjustified and i love Him more today than i ever did . Same with our Heavenly Father but He is just with all his chastisement.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:08 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Unconditional love does not exclude judgment, chastisement, punishment, whathever you want to call it... otherwise we are bastards.

God does not love only those who love Him.
  • Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Old 06-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Unconditional love does not exclude judgment, chastisement, punishment, whathever you want to call it... otherwise we are bastards.

• Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post

Amen brother . If we love our enemies isn't that God loving them through us .

Old 06-27-2009, 04:28 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,871 times
God is indeed love; the crucifixion proves that. His loving hands are reached out to all those who have not gone too far. However, there are many souls who have already blasphemed against the Holy Ghost in this hour, so God does not love them anymore. God will shut them out of His memory forever, as they have trodden on the Son God.

Proverbs 1
23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

We must preach the whole Word of God; many don't look at God in this light, but He has holy hatred too. God despises disobedience and sin, which are of the image of the devil.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Hi, God is not human love. He is agape and agape loved us when we were His enemies and agape loves us regardless. Jesus loved those who crucified Him and taught us to love our enemies, to do good to those who do evil to us. God is no less. We are to be sons of the Most High. He loves those who crucify Him, those who blaspheme Him, who spit on Him. That is what agape love is. He even loved agape when He knew that they would be blasphemers. Agape is not bound or restricted. God is agape. It loves anyway and this love bears all, never fails because it will be victorious in convicting all and in restoring all to Himself. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-27-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity