Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,720,903 times

Advertisements

There is a very poignant series of books called "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch that provide insight into this topic.

Now, many whose Christian faith is rooted in the Bible take issue with any series of books providing different insight into the ways of God than scripture, but we are currently experiencing a massive transition toward a deeper understanding of God and books of this nature are helpful (though no book is to be worshiped as the ultimate word to which all must adhere). As unlikely as it may seem, it is probable that a path in Christ will not be rooted in Scripture in the future.

All the concepts presented in this Conversations with God series are capable of being tested. One is challenged to test them against any other spiritual teaching and see which works better for one's highest good. In so doing, you quickly realize that God is there providing all we need at all times IF we rise above fear (of not having enough, of damnation, etc...)

As such, it becomes apparent that God truly is unconditional love and that there is absolutely no judgment or Hell. We are given a period to review this particular life once we pass on - assess our decisions and grow from them. We learn that the 10 commandments are not orders that must be obeyed but rather the natural desire of individuals who manifest their highest potential. One who exists in God realizes it is in her highest interest to not defy the 10 Commandments, and therefore has no desire to defy them.

No need for lashings or threats of eternal damnation.

When the Bible was written, humanity was a far more primitive race. They needed a more authoritative construct of God rooted in a dichotomous good versus evil. We have since evolved and awoken our understanding of science and probing literature and deepened our philosophy and evolved our spirituality so that we are now ready to understand God in a more accurate manner.

This new construct of God threatens many - especially those who remain convinced God's word is only accessible through a sacred text written millenia ago - but it is worth considering if you are interested in the idea of God's unconditional love and what may very well have been Christ's actual teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 06:49 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,393,682 times
Quote:
There is not a single verse which explicitly states that God
loves mankind (or even a Christian) without conditions.
There is not a single verse that says explicitly that God does not Love some without conditions..

Old 06-28-2009, 06:59 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
There is not a single verse that says explicitly that God does not Love some without conditions..
God demonstrated His love towards us while we were yet sinners Romans chapter 5 verse 8.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:52 AM

14,905 posts, read 17,203,100 times
Punishment, discipline, exclusion, destruction, being thrown into the lake of fire does not mean that God hates those people that experience this. It is for a higher purpose.

Quote:
God hated this world of sinners, yet he loved those same sinners. From a human emotional perspective, it is a contradiction. Ancient Semitic people understood exactly how these love/hate statements were intended according to their language traditions: "the language of absoluteness to express a preference."G. B. Caird, in The Language and Imagery of the Bible, notes the frequent use of hyperbole among Semitic peoples, and notes that "its frequent use arises out of a habitual cast of mind" which tends to view matters in extremes, or as we would say, "black and white."
http://www.mercifultruth.com/doesgodhate.html

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-28-2009 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God demonstrated His love towards us while we were yet sinners Romans chapter 5 verse 8.

Demonstrated His Love towards us [ the elect] for paul was an elect chosen of God..

This doesnt apply to the devil and his seed..God didnt demonstrate His love to the devil..thats a false gospel..

Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Demonstrated His Love towards us [ the elect] for paul was an elect chosen of God..

This doesnt apply to the devil and his seed..God didnt demonstrate His love to the devil..thats a false gospel..
Read the whole chapter He is talking about all men not the elect.

Regarding the devil being reconciled leave me out of that , i have never said anything for or against it.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Read the whole chapter He is talking about all men not the elect.

Regarding the devil being reconciled leave me out of that , i have never said anything for or against it.
He is not talking about the devil and his seed..for the seed of the devil are men too..

who you think Jesus was talking to here ? Elephants..jn 8:

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
He is not talking about the devil and his seed..for the seed of the devil are men too..

who you think Jesus was talking to here ? Elephants..jn 8:

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
Why are you saying this to me ? i have never said anything for or against this view . Again leave me out of it

Old 06-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Why are you saying this to me ? i have never said anything for or against this view . Again leave me out of it
Then quit answering my post if you cant stand the heat..

Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Then quit answering my post if you cant stand the heat..
What heat? the heat is on you mate to justify God hates sinners and you still have not come anywhere close to proving it even with stretching and exaggarating scripture.

I was involved in something very similar to you a good 20 years ago , the Lord rescued me from it then used a huge bilge pump and drew every last drop out of me .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity