Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:31 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times

Advertisements

Jesus the man from heaven
1 cor 15:

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

One of the great biblical truthes of the person of the messiah, is that his origin even as a man, is from heaven. I dont believe there is a clearer verse of scripture than our text.

Many believe that Jesus christ didnt become man until the virgin birth, but thats not true, he was the GodMan Mediator from everlasting. No, i am not advocating that he had flesh and blood, but that he was a spiritual man[ as an angel] with a heavenly body, created out of the Godhead.

Here are more scriptures that imply Jesus christ was a man before the incarnation:

jn 6:

62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he[ Son of man] was before?

Here it plainly indicates that he was the son of man before he descended to be born of a virgin..

eph 4:

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

He that descended [ in the incarnation] is the same [son of man] who ascended..

jn 3:

30He must increase, but I must decrease.

31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is

earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

John the baptist appears to understand the heavenly origin of this man..

jn 16:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God

his disciples realized his heavenly origin..

28I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father

30Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

jn 6:
33 The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world

50 Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die.

58 I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who

eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but will live forever

The reference to Jesus calling himself bread, is indicative of him being of subtance, in a body, before he came down from heaven

note: he didnt come down to become bread, but he was bread who came down..

later he says the bread is his flesh..jn 6:

51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

remember Jesus said this jn 17:

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The Glory as the Godman Mediator..

There are many more verses that imply Jesus christ was the GodMan Mediator, before the incarnation..He was before all things, as the head of the church:

col 1:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

This is a essential truth of the person of Jesus christ, its who Jesus christ is as he left heaven to come and die for the sins of the church, his body..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 01:02 AM

193 posts, read 289,247 times
Jesus is both Fully God and Fully Man.

Jesus is God Manifested in the Flesh. The Logos.
The Word Became flesh.

He's both Human and Devine.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
This is a essential truth of the person of Jesus christ, its who Jesus christ is as he left heaven to come and die for the sins of the church, his body..

1 John 1:2
1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-28-2009 at 01:31 AM..

Old 06-28-2009, 01:26 AM

193 posts, read 289,247 times
Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version)

16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
1 John 1:2
1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven

God bless.
eph 5:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The devil and his seed is not the church Jesus Loved and gave himself for..

Old 06-28-2009, 07:15 AM

Default The Second / Last Man or Adam

The Second / Last Man or Adam
Yes, it is plainly stated that Jesus christ [his name as a Man] was in exisitence before creation, simply because paul says all things were created by Him eph 3:

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

and col 1:

For by him [Jesus christ] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

how could all things be created by someone who did not exist ?

Now if Jesus was in keeping with his type created or begotten, then when did this occur ?

Well we know adam was created right at the beginning of time in gen 1,2 but Jesus was created or begotten before time began..He is from everlasting.. i believe prov 8 gives us insight as to when the Man Jesus christ was born prov 8:

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Vs 31 here is describing Him in His function as the Mediator between God and Men..thats why His delights were with the Sons of men, because He had been previously set up as their mediator for the purpose of their redemption..

Now the 1 st adam was created out of dust of the ground, but the last adam was created or born out of the very essence of God the Father..

Note: I am speaking strictly of the Man Christ Jesus, and not God The Eternal Word, whom is The Deity of The man christ Jesus..

God the word was not created or begotten, for He is much as Eternal as The Father and the Holy Ghost..So I am speaking strictly of the preexsistence of the Man Jesus christ and him being created of begotten from everlasting..

many scoff at this understanding and term it some kind of mormonism..even those who are suppose to be sound in the faith like the calvinist.

They scoff at the same principle they themselves proclaim, and that is, that while on earth, Jesus christ was both God and Man, having been born of the virgin mary..

Now I am saying the same thing, but only i am saying that His Manhood was born out of Gods essence..and His Deity is One with the eternal Word of God.. So basically I am saying that there was a incarnation of Two distinct natures in heaven, before the incarnation of two distinct natures on earth..

And as the earthly adam upon creation had all the earthly lives and his wife in him, so likewise, the spiritual adam, upon his creation, had within him all the spiritual lives and his wife in him, so hence, Jesus christ was created the head of his body, the church col 1:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

So yes, Jesus christ was a man created out of God and was given a seed in him, his church, body..

Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Jesus said i am the bread of Life. He is the Bread from Heaven

He also said that man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the Father.

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.

I have done a fair bit of travelling in my life and i have never yet met a person who is not thirsty.

These passsages of scripture are for ALL not for an elected few.

Selah

Old 06-28-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Come, all you who are thirsty,
Are all thirsty ? No..then thats limited to those who are thirsty..

Those who thirst have been previously made alive spiritually..for one who is dead spiritually in tresspasses and sins cannot thirst after the things of God..

So hence Jesus says:

matt 5:

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

The children of the devil, the seed of the serpent doesnt thirst after christ..for Jesus says this about them jn 8:

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:07 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
Isaiah 9:6 (King James Version)

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version)

16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I really like that scripture!!! He is called the everlasting Father because He is one with the Father. The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit are one and equal with each other, they are one, they are God. There is only one True and Living God, Yahweh, our protector, and our God.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I really like that scripture!!! He is called the everlasting Father because He is one with the Father. The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit are one and equal with each other, they are one, they are God. There is only one True and Living God, Yahweh, our protector, and our God.
No He is called the everlasting Father because He is the spiritual proginator of a seed given to Him..the elect were chosen in him from everlasting..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity