Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
First, ILNC, did you read the article?

As to your points:

1. The bible does not teach everyone will be saved.

FALSE

2. The bible teaches eternal separation for those who choose to reject Him.

FALSE

Especially point #2, where does this idea of "separation" from God come from? Those in the Lake of Fire are tormented in the presence of the LAMB! Doesn't sound like separation to me.

Your own beliefs contradict plain scripture ILNC.
Yes I read it and it is NOT what the Bible teaches, telling people all will be saved contradicts what the Bible teaches. The Bible DOES teach all will be eternally separated from Him, I hope someday you can see with your spiritual eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:13 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The Bible DOES teach all will be eternally separated from Him, I hope someday you can see with your spiritual eyes.

SHOW ME.

Show me where those in the lake of fire are separated from God. Because my bible says they are in the presence of the lamb.

See Rev 14:10.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
"Perhaps you are talking about our court system?"
Yes, that is what I was talking about....and that it has been taken up by this religious movement.

No, I did not read the article. Does it replace the scriptures? Or add to them??

Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
"Perhaps you are talking about our court system?"
Yes, that is what I was talking about....and that it has been taken up by this religious movement.

Quote:
No, I did not read the article. Does it replace the scriptures? Or add to them??

No it doesn't replace or add to the scriptures. It discusses them.

Hope you are a having a nice week Towhee, its kind of rainy here.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
SHOW ME.

Show me where those in the lake of fire are separated from God. Because my bible says they are in the presence of the lamb.

See Rev 14:10.
I already did in other threads, you just refuse to believe the Bible. That verse does not prove what you are claiming.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I already did in other threads, you just refuse to believe the Bible. That verse does not prove what you are claiming.
Please EXPLAIN. I didn't see your answer in my other thread as it quickly turned into a debate about the "eternalness" of hell, while I was interested in debating the "separation" part.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
there will be eternal separation from God for those who choose to reject Him, their choice.
We do not choose to reject Him - He made us this way - the spirit of antiChrist is within us all from birth; there is none who would seek after God if left to themselves, only His spirit draws us to Him (and all that He draws WILL come.)

Now this separation issue; know you not that there is a part of you and me that is still corrupt? WE ARE NOT PURE! There is a refining that is taking place now in believers to kill off the carnal man, but that process isn't completed in this life.

I can't say it any plainer.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
"and can't understand why some people would think God would be able to save all."

Who can't understand ??? We believe in the scriptures. The problem is those who cannot understand the scriptures!

I believe most of us understand that God is able to do anything and everything....including judging all who reject Him and His word.

The problem here is all who are laboring under the new belief that everyone who does bad things is not evil....just sick! Just slap them on the back of their hand, and say "now now, don't do that" ! And turn them loose in society to repeat their meanness.

Towhee, the doctrine of Universal Reconciliation was the original belief of the majority of Christians in the first four hundred years ad.

You "orthodox" and "fundamental" believers are the ones with the new doctrine. ET came from pagan Rome and before that from pagan babylon. That is the facts, you cant deny it. The fire of Gods jealous wrath will be a terrible thing. You are the one making light of it not us. We only refuse to accept the fallacious concept of torture for the sake of torture. We understand Gods judgments are for correction. God does nothing in vain, all things are done for reconciling the world(whole kosmos) and everything in it to himself for his own glory.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
What I don't get is the sheer complexity of all this! In Paul's day it seems you just had to believe in Jesus and that was that. Nowadays, one needs the equivalent of a dozen PhD's in the various branches of theology in order to understand the true meaning of the scriptures. Did the Bible get so bast*rdized over the millennia that hundreds of different interpretations, each seemingly backed by solid scripture, could emerge? Or have the scriptures always been this convoluted from Genesis onward, only growing in intricacy with the addition of each book? Sorry, don't mean to digress, but my head is spinning trying to take all this in.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
Towhee, the doctrine of Universal Reconciliation was the original belief of the majority of Christians in the first four hundred years ad.
thats true, Gregor of Nyssa e.g. was the most orthodox universalist among them, the reconcilation of the whole (Col. 1:20) was first condemned in the 6th century AD, even an Orthodox clergy man admitted this, when I wrote him an email.

Origen, Church Fathers, Creeds, and Councils

Some Quotes From St. Gregory of Nyssa

http://www.theandros.com/restoration.html (broken link)

I would like to learn more about Gregory of Nyssa, interesting man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity