Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:16 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
In considering this more, even if we had to come kicking and screaming, I don't believe that this would be contrary to God's nature. If we are parents and we see our child in trouble, we seek to help our child, even if he or she may be rebelling against us. Maybe depending on the age, we allow the child to experience the consequences, or sometimes we may run out in the street and grab the child who is in danger. The child does not realize the danger and the parents see. Either way, we are acting in love and so I don't see God doing something like that as not being an indication of His nature. God bless.
God wants us to worship Him because we want to and because we love Him. He doesn't want robots, that's why He gives us the choice and He respects our choice even if we reject Him. Now I know Shana you disagree with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 06:20 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Quote:
God wants us to worship Him because we want to and because we love Him. He doesn't want robots, that's why He gives us the choice and He respects our choice even if we reject Him. Now I know Shana you disagree with this.
Hi ILNC, if parents rescue a child from danger if if the child is screaming and kicking, does this mean that the child is a robot when he or she comes around to understand the danger that he or she was in? How is convincing someone or persuading someone of something saying that they are a robot, ILNC? Robots have no will of their own. I never said that we did not have wills, but I believe that God influences our wills for good. God does this, there are many examples in the scriptures. Think of Jonah and the whale. God did a job on Jonah and Jonah came around and so I believe that yes, God works to influence our wills, that He will be successful in influencing all wills so that they will eventually return to Him. They will do this willingly. If, ILNC, God declares that all will confess/proclaim Him, what does this mean about God respecting our choice here? Will there be anyone who will not confess/proclaim Him? God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We know every single person who has ever existed will eventually worship the Lord.

Isa 45:23 I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Rev 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!"

Rev 15:4 .. All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.

Question: are some people turned into "robots" so that they will worship Him, or do they all do it willingly?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
We know every single person who has ever existed will eventually worship the Lord.
No, we know every single person who has ever existed will acknowledge Him someday, but every single person who has ever lived is not going to worship Him as their Lord. For some it will be too late.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM

ILNC, okay even if you believe that they will only acknowlege Him (but you know that I believe that this will involve worship) , will there be anyone who will not acknowledge Him? And if not, why not? God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
ILNC, okay even if you believe that they will only acknowlege Him (but you know that I believe that this will involve worship) , will there be anyone who will not acknowledge Him? And if not, why not? God bless.
As many times as we have done this, you know my answer.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:
No, we know every single person who has ever existed will acknowledge Him someday, but every single person who has ever lived is not going to worship Him as their Lord. For some it will be too late.
What does Rev 5:13 mean if it does not mean that every single person who has ever existed will worship Him? And Isaiah 45:23? It says explicitly everyone swears allegiance to Him. Have they become "robots" to swear allegiance to God, even though they are doomed to eternal torture in hell?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
As many times as we have done this, you know my answer.
No, I don't know your answer to this ILNC. What is it? Why will there no one who will not confess Him? God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
What does Rev 5:13 mean if it does not mean that every single person who has ever existed will worship Him? And Isaiah 45:23? It says explicitly everyone swears allegiance to Him. Have they become "robots" to swear allegiance to God, even though they are doomed to eternal torture in hell?
Agree, legoman. God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:

Before you became a believer, how did God respect your rejection if you eventually came to believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity