Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM

148 posts, read 244,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Jesus Christ is our Example of just how man (mankind) is to "be made into the Image of God." Jesus is our example, our way, and our destiny:

This is cheeky, says all the right words but something is missing? Jesus deity. Jehovah Witnesses say the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:53 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljia View Post

I have heard Creflo Dollar preach the same thing. Does the author not believe Jesus is God?
I don't know anything about Creflo Dollar, and I'm sure you could email Ray Smith about his views if you wish. But I believe He does not believe in the trinity. That's not to say Jesus is not God or not worthy of worship, but Jesus is separate, yet from God.

Jesus has a Father, but God does not have a Father.

Read the scriptures/passage you quoted for more proof. But this is really a whole separate topic.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 PM

I love how he contradicts himself where he says,
Quote:
The next time your pastor mentions "immortal souls," "Christians going to heaven," "Jesus being in hell for three days," "not all men will be saved," "Christian tithing," "consciousness in death," "resurrection of the body," "parables make the teaching clear," "man’s will being free and independent of God," and dozens of other such nonsense, ask him to give you two Scriptures to support each of his unscriptural heresies

I thought the words of God are spiritual not literal. So he wants me to literally give him two verses with the literal meaning of what I teach in these "unscriptural heresies" he catalogs?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:

This is cheeky, says all the right words but something is missing? Jesus deity. Jehovah Witnesses say the same.
I see you are just attacking his character now instead of addressing the arguments. Since you are so critical on this, perhaps you can perfectly explain the nature of the trinity to me. How is it that Jesus has a Father (God), but God does not have a Father?

The answer: they are separate entities, yet still Jesus is a deity. Jesus was the image of His Father.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't know anything about Creflo Dollar, and I'm sure you could email Ray Smith about his views if you wish. But I believe He does not believe in the trinity. That's not to say Jesus is not God or not worthy of worship, but Jesus is separate, yet from God.

Jesus has a Father, but God does not have a Father.

Read the scriptures/passage you quoted for more proof. But this is really a whole separate topic.
Is Jesus God?

Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Is Jesus God?
I answered that above. But here are some scriptures on it:

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

There is another article about the trinity on the bible-truths.com main page if you are interested.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD - L. Ray Smith

This is a good article by Ray Smith which explains twelve scriptural truths to help in understanding God's word. Summary:

1. First comes the Physical then the Spiritual
2. Jesus taught in parables so the people WOULD NOT understand
3. Jesus taught His own apostles in parables and they DID NOT understand
4. Jesus fulfilled the scriptures; Jesus opens their/our understanding of the scriptures
5. God's words are spirit - the scriptures are spiritual, not literal
6. Every word must be established with two or three witnesses
7. Compare spiritual with spiritual
8. The Old Testament is for OUR admonition too
9. No scripture is its OWN interpretation
10. All is of God
11. Jesus IS, WAS, and IS TO COME
12. Understanding comes from God

Read the whole article for all the details and scriptures.
Lego quickly glanced through the link, looks like a great read.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I answered that above. But here are some scriptures on it:

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

There is another article about the trinity on the bible-truths.com main page if you are interested.
I beg your pardon but the answer was vague. You don't have to believe everything of the Trinity but Jesus being God is a must.

I believe Jesus is God. Do you believe Jesus is God? This is fundamental to this author's credibility of knowing spiritual truth of God's word if he professes to be a Christian but does not believe Jesus is God. This belief in quintessential in the Christian faith.

Last edited by Soljia; 08-10-2009 at 03:27 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Do you believe Jesus is God?
Yes.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Good but his arguments are weak. Using bad teachings of Christianity and Jehovah Witnesses to show that the church and theologians are deceived or clueless is just deceiving in of itself. Until he challenges the great reformation minds of the 20th century alive and dead then I can actually give him some credibility in his challenges.

Last edited by Soljia; 08-10-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity