Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

(2)Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
(3)And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
(4)And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.
(9)Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness.
(10)For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.
(11)For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord.
(12)Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the Lord.
(13)And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.
(14)I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies; they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
(15)Thereore thus saith the Lord of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.
(16)Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord.
(17)They say still unto them that despise me, The Lord hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.
(18)For who hath stood in the counsel of the Lord, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?
(19)Behold, a whirlwind of the Lord is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
(20)The anger of the Lord shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
(21)I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
(22)But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.
(23)Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
(24)Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
(28)The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word. let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
(29)Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
(39)Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence:
(40)And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.
Jeremiah 23:1-40.

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

People...you haven't seen anything yet as to what is to come upon the face of this earth before the Rapture of the Church takes place. Everything that can be shaken will be shaken...politically, religiously, economically, denominationally...everything in this world will be shaken.
Fix your faith as never before because if your faith is not fixed during this time of shaking, you will not stand.
Fix your faith to that which is infallable, (cannot be questioned)...and to that which is impregnable, (cannot be penetrated).
The only infallable, impregnable thing that we can fix our faith to...the thing that will cause us to dare to accomplish greater things for God in the days ahead...is the Word of the Living God.

Someone has said that we are what we confess. We are what God says we are. He is what He says His Word is. He will do what He has promised.
God's power is in His Word. The power of His Words are eternal. They don't have anything to do with the weakness of the human vessels they flow through. God never intended His promises to be vulnerable.
All Scripture is by inspiration; it comes from God. It is God-breathed. All Scripture came through human, weak, sinful vessels who were moved upon by the Holy Ghost and inspired to write. That doesn't make the Word weak; the Word is not weak.
The Word is eternal...the Word is life...the Word is creative. It goes forth to accomplish that which God pleases. It is not vulnerable to the effect of the vessel through which it comes. The vessel is sinful, but the Word is pure and holy. The vessel may be filled with weakness and inconsistency, but the Word is steadfast, sure, impregnable.

In Love,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 09-01-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 07:50 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Many people don't look at God in this light, as they only want the love message. While God is love that cannot be fully put into words, He is also wrath and judgement; a right hand of mercy and a left hand of judgement. Therefore, we must present the whole truth, not bits and pieces that make us feel good.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:11 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Many people don't look at God in this light, as they only want the love message. While God is love that cannot be fully put into words, He is also wrath and judgement; a right hand of mercy and a left hand of judgement. Therefore, we must present the whole truth, not bits and pieces that make us feel good.
How much of what you consider to be the whole truth do you apply to yourself ?.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Many people don't look at God in this light, as they only want the love message.
Without Love then God is just another monsterous creation of man, what someone doesn't want to look at is irrelevant considering there is enough bastards in the world who seek vengeance and destruction there is no point in trying to worship one.

Quote:

While God is love that cannot be fully put into words, He is also wrath and judgement;

Oh, yeah, he is love that cannot be put into words, but that love that cannot be put into words then gets kicked into the sewer when you talk wrath and judgment.

His wrath and judgment is NOT separate from this love that cannot be put into words and that's what separates doctrines of men and their wicked hearts telling us this story of a God thats gonna GET US from the true God who does everything through who he is LOVE.

Because the difference is that NO ONE who talks about Gods wrath and judgment that will keep someone in an eternal hell actually believes that it will be them in that position.

But if it is true your as likely a candidate as any one alive.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

Because the difference is that NO ONE who talks about Gods wrath and judgment that will keep someone in an eternal hell actually believes that it will be them in that position.

But if it is true your as likely a candidate as any one alive.
This is so very true , even the Pharisees were not as self righteous as this

Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
(2)Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
(3)And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
(4)And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.
(9)Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness.
(10)For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.
(11)For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord.
(12)Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the Lord.
(13)And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.
(14)I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies; they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
(15)Thereore thus saith the Lord of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.
(16)Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord.
(17)They say still unto them that despise me, The Lord hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.
(18)For who hath stood in the counsel of the Lord, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?
(19)Behold, a whirlwind of the Lord is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
(20)The anger of the Lord shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
(21)I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
(22)But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.
(23)Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
(24)Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
(28)The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word. let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
(29)Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
(39)Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence:
(40)And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.
Jeremiah 23:1-40.

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

People...you haven't seen anything yet as to what is to come upon the face of this earth before the Rapture of the Church takes place. Everything that can be shaken will be shaken...politically, religiously, economically, denominationally...everything in this world will be shaken.
Fix your faith as never before because if your faith is not fixed during this time of shaking, you will not stand.
Fix your faith to that which is infallable, (cannot be questioned)...and to that which is impregnable, (cannot be penetrated).
The only infallable, impregnable thing that we can fix our faith to...the thing that will cause us to dare to accomplish greater things for God in the days ahead...is the Word of the Living God.

Someone has said that we are what we confess. We are what God says we are. He is what He says His Word is. He will do what He has promised.
God's power is in His Word. The power of His Words are eternal. They don't have anything to do with the weakness of the human vessels they flow through. God never intended His promises to be vulnerable.
All Scripture is by inspiration; it comes from God. It is God-breathed. All Scripture came through human, weak, sinful vessels who were moved upon by the Holy Ghost and inspired to write. That doesn't make the Word weak; the Word is not weak.
The Word is eternal...the Word is life...the Word is creative. It goes forth to accomplish that which God pleases. It is not vulnerable to the effect of the vessel through which it comes. The vessel is sinful, but the Word is pure and holy. The vessel may be filled with weakness and inconsistency, but the Word is steadfast, sure, impregnable.

In Love,
Verna.

Hey preach it sister, as long as you know your just as likely to reap what you believe is coming.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
I believe that i deserve hell..and the only chance I have is accepting that only through Jesus Christ do I have ANY chance of not going there.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I believe that i deserve hell..and the only chance I have is accepting that only through Jesus Christ do I have ANY chance of not going there.

So you say you accept Christ, you believe you have successfully avoided eternal hell now?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So you say you accept Christ, you believe you have successfully avoided eternal hell now?
according to Gods word..yes...see John 3:16, Romans 10:9

Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
according to Gods word..yes...see John 3:16, Romans 10:9
Do you believe that someone hearing these words is damned to eternal hell?

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity