Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Op assumes too mu8ch. Its not healthcare reform many are against ;its socialized medicine. plain and simple.What the left is for is having a small group pay for their healthcare. you don't see them saying that they are willing to pay do you? We have medicaid for those who need it that we already pay for.
Great example texdav.. I assume you are from Texas right..

then I also assume you know that last fall Texas faced an $11 billion (thats right.. with a "b") deficit.. and without the FEDERAL funding they would have had to cut their CHIP program...

of course the bandaid fix.. gets this state through only until 2011 when all hell breaks loose..

I'm sure you know this.. I don't want to assume too much..

So then you'll understand why I find your post so .. well wrong when you say things like:

1. You are against socialized medicine (by which I assume you mean a "govt insurance plan"
2. Yet you are FOR Medicaid..

The ridiculousness of those two statements that you put together is like galactic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I`m all for health care for everyone.
We already have that.. What we are looking for is a more efficient and cost effective manner with which to provide that healthcare..

Quote:
I`m all for everyone owning their own home.
I'm not.

Quote:
I`m all for everyone having new clothes to wear.
I'm not.

Quote:
I`m all for everyone have good food available to them whenever they want it.
"good" is so subjective... I'd settle for just food.

Quote:
I`m all for everyone having a college education.
I hope that never happens

Quote:
I`m all for everyone having a college education.
Quote:
I just don`t want the federal government in control of it.
Let me get this straight.. you are all for everyone having a college education.. I assume you mean those with the IQ yet without the means.. but you don't want the govt to control it..

you do realize that the govt provides subsidized loans to those folks right.. they even provide regular loans at a lower interest rate (subsidized).. in competition with other lending agencies..

WHICH WOULD WORK THE EXACT SAME WAY AS THE PUBLIC OPTION IN HEALTHCARE..

honestly.. the lack of education on healthcare and how govt works in general is astonishingly alarming..

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay. You said you wanted to know WHY some people are against health care reform (which I'm not, btw, I'm simply against that which is being currently proposed). Like I said, (and in my own words even!) I was just giving you something to chew on. If you don't care to, that's up to you. Carry on.
which plan are you against? there are like 8 different plans.. Or are you against all of them for all the reasons why they are the same and for all the reasons why they are different?

What personal freedom do you feel you will lose?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:59 PM

What strikes me most about this thread (besides the amazing amount of wrong information and wrong ideas) is that the overwhelming reason is... "Don't want govt interference"..

and since the original question was "from a Christian point of view" I can now only assume that what is more important than your faith is your perception of govt and you are more than happy to sell out your faith to fight against perceived slights from the govt (whether real or not).

Its disturbing... its weird.

unless of course fighting against perceived slights from the govt is higher up on the list in God's mind than say.. helping people.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Aside from that, as I've written in my blog, most people don't understand the origins of Jefferson's "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," as it was written in the Declaration and how that statement should be absolutely indicative of our need for a national health care plan.
everyone should read that blog..

Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
KILL THE BILL!!!...KILL IT!!!...KILL IT!!!...KILL IT!!!

...and start all over again! Only this time, take the corruption out of it!

I stand for freedom, and this so called "Health Reform Bill" is so loaded with the most I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E, (meaning NOT CREDIBLE), crap I've EVER heard of in my entire life!

Bottom Line:
This so called "Health Reform Bill" is more about taking our freedom's away from us...this is just a small portion of the REAL BIG PICTURE...what is the real big picture?

Van Jones...(a converted capitalist?),"Power Shift "09"..."We want a new system!" "We gonna change the whole system! We want a whole new system!"
I ask:
...A new system of what?

Wealth taken from one individual and given to another based on race...?...according to Van Jones.

"White polluters...intentionally poisoning immigrants..."...according to Van Jones.
I ask:
...are white people poisoning the rest of the world?

What are the views surrounding the President?
The Czars that surround him...

Van Jones..."be creative about how you engage the "enemy..."
I ask:
So when did I become the enemy!??!

John Holder...."...agencies should inquire of "life years" "...steralization of women...!"

Mark LLoyd...(after the broadcasters)..."...freedom of speech serves as a disruption of other policies...!"

...THIS IS UGLY FOLKS!!!

And any Government that thinks this way, has no business forging a health reform bill that goes against our freedoms. I do not trust barak obama, nor do I trust his communist goons...nor do I trust them with MY LIFE!!!

This is my opinion...this is how I feel, and I will stand up for what I believe in until there is not a breath left in me...PERIOD.

Re-election time cannot come quick enough for me!

Last edited by Verna Perry; 09-01-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
I support health care...as long as it

a. does not require any hosptial or doctor to perform an abortion
b. does not affect taxes or private healthcare
c. does not give the goverment any more power over us than it already has,
d. is fair to all

Old 09-01-2009, 09:28 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times
I do not believe there are any clear Bible text on this topic...

Thus Christians should feel free to disagree...

Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
We already have that.. What we are looking for is a more efficient and cost effective manner with which to provide that healthcare..
That`s why I don`t want the federal govt involved. The same govt that pays hundreds of dollars for toilet seats and hammers.

Quote:
I`m all for everyone owning their own home.
Quote:
I'm not.
ok
Quote:
I`m all for everyone having new clothes to wear.
Quote:
I'm not.
ok
Quote:
I`m all for everyone have good food available to them whenever they want it.
Quote:
"good" is so subjective... I'd settle for just food.
ok, you eat beans and I`ll have steak.

Quote:
Let me get this straight.. you are all for everyone having a college education.. I assume you mean those with the IQ yet without the means.. but you don't want the govt to control it..
you got it

Quote:
you do realize that the govt provides subsidized loans to those folks right.. they even provide regular loans at a lower interest rate (subsidized).. in competition with other lending agencies..
WHICH WOULD WORK THE EXACT SAME WAY AS THE PUBLIC OPTION IN HEALTHCARE..
Keep believing that. The fact is, you have no idea how the govt run healthcare would work. You are like everyone else,you only know what you read and choose to believe.
Take a look at most agencies run by the govt. That should tell you something.
Social security...bankrupt
Medicare...bankrupt
post office...bankrupt
Just about every federally run agency spends more than they take in
Federal govt..trillions of dollars in debt and growing rapidily.
So let me get this straight, with that kind of history,you want them running your healthcare. Because you believe them when they say your taxes won`t go up? Because you believe them when they say they won`t ration healthcare? Because you believe them when they say it won`t be filled with a bunch of govt beaurocracy? You keep believing the govt. I`ll look at history and their record on efficiency.

Quote:
honestly.. the lack of education on healthcare and how govt works in general is astonishingly alarming..
yes it is. Most of the healthcare professional in the country are against this bill. I guess they are some of the ignorant ones of healthcare you are talking about. A lot of people inside the govt itself are opposed to it. I guess they are the ones you are talking about when you say the ones who don`t know how govt is run. Like I said, you have no idea how this plan would work,what`s in it, or how it would be administered. The people who wrote it , admit they don`t know.
The problem isn`t wanting healthcare for all. Most people want that.It`s how to go about it. You want the govt to take it over and run it. Most people do not.

Last edited by spm62; 09-01-2009 at 11:18 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
KILL THE BILL!!!...KILL IT!!!...KILL IT!!!...KILL IT!!!
Which Bill Verna..

There is really only one "bill" right now.. its in the house..

Senate doesn't even have a "bill" yet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity