Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,761,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
I doubt that you have read a Catholic catechism or verified any of the above spew unless it came from a Chic tract.
The OP is a staunch Catholic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:03 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,534,337 times
Quote:
So does Jesus save the pedophile who is "saved" but goes on to abuse children?

Does Jesus "save" the drug addict who continues to use meth?

How about the wife beater, the drunkard, the one who cheats on his income tax, who abuses his or her own children, who cheats on the spouse, who robs, who breaks the 10 commandments, who is racist, who is an arsonist, murderer, rapist...the list could be endless?

That "once saved, always saved" line is pure bull. It is a gift than can be lost..

Being "saved" - which is NOT a phrase used in the Catholic faith - doesn't work if it's lip service. It requires a life of faith acting in accordance to the way of the Lord.
Jesus came to save the lost... obviously you don't have the capacity to love those people but God does.. That is scriptural...

Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i love the catholic church. but the despotic tendencies are disturbing.
their position on illegal immigration is particularly annoying and contradicts commandment to obey the law. i do however agree with them as to a 7th month abortion looking a whole lot like a baby killing.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 10-15-2009 at 11:29 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The Catholic Church does not save. Jesus saves.

How about the dogma that there is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ?
My first thought

Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 AM

218 posts, read 311,347 times
Quote:

How about the wife beater, the drunkard, the one who cheats on his income tax, who abuses his or her own children, who cheats on the spouse, who robs, who breaks the 10 commandments, who is racist, who is an arsonist, murderer, rapist...the list could be endless?

That "once saved, always saved" line is pure bull. It is a gift than can be lost..

Being "saved" - which is NOT a phrase used in the Catholic faith - doesn't work if it's lip service. It requires a life of faith acting in accordance to the way of the Lord.
You are wrong in saying you can lose your salvation. If you were correct then that would make God a liar. If what you are saying is true then Jesus Christ's blood on the cross would not have been sufficient to pay for our sins. He would have to continually die on the cross over and over again. Christ paid for our sins in full past present and future. Read your bible before making comments. You should really think about that before suggesting something that is unbiblical like falling out of salvation. Maybe you should say that they may never have been born again to begin with.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Salvation is neither in or out the church . Salvation is of God . Jesus is the salvation of God

Luke 2
28Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: 30For mine eyes have seen your salvation(Jesus) ,

Last edited by pcamps; 10-16-2009 at 11:33 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,855 times
Christianity was, and is, built upon the foundation laid by Jesus Christ. (and not that of Peter) Jesus: the chief corner-stone. If you study your Bible, you'll see there is absolutely no reference whatsoever to "Popes"...or any indication that Peter was anything other than an Apostle and follower of Jesus. A great man...yes. Pope...no. The Church doesn't save you...Jesus does...

Bud

Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM

193 posts, read 289,364 times
Quote:

How about the RCC priest that can't keep his hands off the kids and the alter workers.

I believe Jesus has the ways and means.......but no, I'm obviously not RCC. There's a lot of corruption and hipocrisy in the RCC....I can't believe anyone would believe a church that would harbor pedophiles would pretend to believe they have the market on salvation cornered.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:13 PM

218 posts, read 311,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Christ's church is:

1. Not a Denomination

2. Not a Building

That's correct the church is "The body of believer's", the saints who have a personal one on one relationship with Jesus who paid for their sins past present and future. Anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord is now part of Gods family a born again christian is a saint not like the way catholics pic and choose who is a saint.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:12 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,239,057 times
Can you be saved when love is not involved?
I mean when I went to the Catholic church the whole mass was written out on paper. There was no need to understand what it was you were reading out loud.
A Catholic mass feels nothing but a ritual to me, but the thing I always had a problem with is that you can't ritualise love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity