Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:30 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,171,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The Resurrection of the saints and Rapture, plus the return of Jesus Christ to rule the World must happen in a Sabbath Year. Daniel's 70th Week, which is the last 7 yrs, means it is a Sabbath Cycle, therefore man's 6000 yrs rule will end in a Sabbath Year. The coming Sabbath Yrs are 2016, 2023, 2030... and so on.
I thought this year was the beginning of a Sabbath cycle? This fall? I'm not schooled in it...I've just read a bit here and there. Do you know what is special about this fall, then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:27 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,222,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I thought this year was the beginning of a Sabbath cycle? This fall? I'm not schooled in it...I've just read a bit here and there. Do you know what is special about this fall, then?
Absolutely nothing but what men make up about it....silly rabbits: smack:

Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,171,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Absolutely nothing but what men make up about it....silly rabbits: smack:
I meant on the Jewish calendar. lol

Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 AM

159 posts, read 231,028 times
Can someone explain what exactly the rapture is? I can not find the word anywhere in the bible.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:49 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
The Jubilee cycle is composed of 7 sabbath cycles, 1-7, 8-14, 15-21, etc. This year the Jews entered the seventh, 43-49. The 50th year is 2017.

Quote:
Is there a second meaning to the 70 weeks? Did God also mean 70 Jubilees or approx. 3500 years? Roughly, from approx. 1500 BC and the first Jubilee year to 0 AD were 30 Jubilee years and from 0 AD to 2000 AD was approx 40 Jubilee years = 70 years). Now to get more specific.

When we do a more exact calculation, there is the highest probability that the Year 1967 AD, when Israel retook Jerusalem, STARTS the 69th Jubilee year (of 50 years). This means that 1967 + 50 = 2017 AD, The 70th and Final Jubilee Year. Also according to Hebrew Numerology, 7 is the number for completion.
I don't personally believe the "rapture' or any supernatural event will occur in 2017. That's abundantly clear in my other thread, "God has gradually withdrawn from mankind", meaning He has ceased to create supernatural events in the modern world as He did before 70 AD. The worst thing facing mankind in not a mythological 7-year tribulation, it's a gradual erosion of the earth's ecosystem. One example, among thousands, is the unprecedented red dust storm that blew through Sydney the other day.

What I point out are the unbelievable odds of all these biblical dates and astronomical signs occurring in and around 2017. Pretty eerie, though I don't place any supernatural stock in them.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Can someone explain what exactly the rapture is? I can not find the word anywhere in the bible.
Your best bet is to goggle it, dalton. You'll find more exegesis on it than you can handle.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 AM

159 posts, read 231,028 times
This is pretty interesting. If anybody gets time check it out. It is an article on the rapture:
Apologetics Press - Repudiation of the “Rapture”

Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
This is pretty interesting. If anybody gets time check it out. It is an article on the rapture:
Apologetics Press - Repudiation of the “Rapture”
It's a good start, Dalton. As usual, it is loaded with "When Paul said this, did he mean this or did he really mean this?" But these are unavoidable. Part of the problem is translation, but even in the original Greek I'm convinced beyond any shadow of doubt we will never get definitive answers to our question re whether Paul was talking about a literal lifting in the air of physical bodies which then change to glorified, or if he was speaking of a spiritual change in our "inner" bodies (souls) and why he included himself in this physical or spiritual "rapture". Remember, Paul says he received this info DIRECTLY from a revelation of the Lord ("And this word we have received from the Lord") so that immediately puts Paul's veracity on the line because all sorts of questions pop up when we reads this "rapture" passage: did Paul really believe he himself would be lifted physically off the ground and his body changed to incorruptible matter, or was he speaking spiritually, and if he was speaking spiritually, did the Thessolonians understand that Paul was speaking of spiritual matters and not a physical change, and if they didn't understand this was to be a spiritual change then why didn't Paul correct their misunderstanding, and if Paul was speaking of an actual physical lifting off off the ground and flying into the air, then what must he have thought when 10 or 15 years later it never happened and he was under the axman's blade saying, "Huh"? Wa Hoppon?"

There are endless questions that can be raised when examining this passage, even in the original Greek text. That's what's so frustrating about trying to understand this stuff. And, believe me, the more you read the more confused you will become, as everybody and their grandmother and grand-uncle have an opinion about what all this means, and those who say, "I don't follow anybody's opinion, I let the scriptures speak for themselves" are secretly just as confused as the rest of us or they are deluding themselves. No One really understands this stuff, No One! Trust me on this one point, if nothing else.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
NO ONE can predict when the rapture will happen

Old 09-24-2009, 04:04 PM

Amen to that, Caroline!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity