Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 11:02 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Now, what do you see?
What I see is
1) many will strive to enter the narrow gate and not be able to
2) as a result they will find themselves outside the kingdom of God looking in, they will not be happy about it, the will be asking to enter and not be allowed in

Quote:
Once again, I am not adding anything. Jesus is saying many will seek and not be able to the door being closed.
If you believe that passage proves everlasting punishment, then you are adding / assuming that the above situation is permanent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
What I see is
2) as a result they will find themselves outside the kingdom of God looking in, they will not be happy about it, the will be asking to enter and not be allowed in

If you believe that passage proves everlasting punishment, then you are adding / assuming that the above situation is permanent.
And if you believe that passage proves NOT everlasting separation from God, then YOU ARE ADDING / ASSUMING that the above situation is NOT permanent! So, then, what do we do? We go and study the entire Word Of God and taking line upon line, precept upon precept...comparing spiritual things with spiritual things...rightly divinding the WHOLE WORD of God to find the truth.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:09 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What I DID actually say, is this:

"I hear over and over again from those who believe that God will not cast out, forever, those who are found to be in sin...who have read and heard the Word of God stating so, but have CHOSEN to ignore His warnings!..." I believe that God knows who has and who has not had the opportunity to hear about Him...and when they read this forum and know the Truth, God will draw out of them to come closer to Him...and they can decide to ...or not. At least they were told the truth and could make an honest choice about it!! If they only had your "take"...they will not even have been given the chance to make the correct choice!

"Hey kids, your dead loved ones are in hell and eternally seperated from god and you because they where Hindu. Count yourself lucky, cuz' now you have been warned and have the opportunity to worship the God that sent them to hell, and if you don't you'll be sent there too. By the way, God loves you ... "

"The Good News" ...

Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
What I see is

No, I am not adding, and yes, I believe in ET, but I am not talking about ET in this scripture. I am talking about what is there. Jesus says that there will be some who will not be able to enter in, simple, easy, done. Nothing I added, nothing I took away.

I don't want to get into the rest, I am tired.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
And if you believe that passage proves NOT everlasting separation from God, then YOU ARE ADDING / ASSUMING that the above situation is NOT permanent!
True, but I don't base it on that pasage.

Quote:
So, then, what do we do? We go and study the entire Word Of God and taking line upon line, precept upon precept...comparing spiritual things with spiritual things...rightly divinding the WHOLE WORD of God to find the truth.
I agree verna... what I find when I do that is that God does indeed cast off as punishment for sin, God does take vengence, repay with wrathful judgment, etc. even with a destructive purpose (to destroy the man of sin) but God does not cast off forever. God is always ready to have mercy when man repents and turns to God with all His heart.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Jesus says that there will be some who will not be able to enter in, simple, easy, done. Nothing I added, nothing I took away.
And on that point you and I agree. Many will strive to enter the narrow gate and not be able.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
And on that point you and I agree. Many will strive to enter the narrow gate and not be able.
I will add this before I leave for bed, God says to enter through the narrow gate for they enter into destructing for going through the wide gate.

Matthew 7:13, You say that many strive, yes that is right, but God says to enter through the narrow Gate.

But we must finish this another time, it is 1:19 and my eyes hurt.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thy kingdom come View Post
true, but i don't base it on that pasage.

I agree verna... What i find when i do that is that god does indeed cast off as punishment for sin, god does take vengence, repay with wrathful judgment, etc. Even with a destructive purpose (to destroy the man of sin) but god does not cast off forever. god is always ready to have mercy when man repents and turns to god with all his heart.
...it does not say that tkc>>>this is your spin!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I will add this before I leave for bed, God says to enter through the narrow gate for they enter into destructing for going through the wide gate.

Matthew 7:13, You say that many strive, yes that is right, but God says to enter through the narrow Gate.

But we must finish this another time, it is 1:19 and my eyes hurt.
I agree with that part too.... God bless, good nite.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
...it does not say that tkc>>>this is your spin!
Lamentations 3:31 says the LORD will not cast off for ever quote unquote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity