Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 09:43 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Which is why I separated the two sven. UR'ers ignore Scripture that clearly states that ALL will not be saved. Evildoers, who may be reading, can not be omitted as being among those who CHOOSE to ignore Scripture altogether. The thread being addressed to both...separately
"SCRIPTURE CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL WILL NOT BE SAVED"

Find me one good scripture that clearly says that!

Evildoers forfeit a great life when they choose to do evil. It is similar to believing (and being caught up) in a lie that causes bitterness against others . This bitterness will eventually eat you up to the point that all your relationships are severed for one reason or another.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 09:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Verna you were blatantly addressing those who believe in UR .There is no reference to anyone one else in the post(not the thread title)
...and again, just by this reply, you show that you are unable to read and comprehend with understanding what someone has written, which explains your confusion.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Legoman,
It's not God's fault or ours if you don't apply of of scripture. Nobody deny's that it's God's desire for all men to be saved, that isn't the issue. Its when God is contrasts it to the alternative for being an unbeliever and the consequence...that is being deliberatly rejected.
It's allowing the unbeliever think there is no consequence for unbelief, when God say otherwise...that's what wrong.
You are changing the debate twin.spin. No one is saying there are no consequences.

But you have yet to answer why you think:

1. God will not save all
2. Some will reject God forever

When scripture clearly says:
1. God desires to save all, and will achieve His desires
2. All will swear allegiance to God

You never responded to me last week about this, especially on why all people swear allegiance to God.

This is why you cannot refute the salvation of all. It is clear that God desires all to be saved, and all will come to him willingly.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:02 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Is this the way we want to spread the Gospel? Is this the Gospel Jesus gave us? Is this the Gospel the Apostles spread? Is beating somone over the head with this kind of message going to win anyone to Christ? This does nothing but breeds fear in those who are called to follow God and it makes us look like a bunch of fanatical religious idiots. This type of message puts a yoke of bondage and fear on a believer, the fear oozes from the people who minister this way. This is something Jesus has freed us from. We are supposed to be spreading the "Love" of Christ, telling people what He did for them...this is the Gospel message.
Christy brings up a very important point.

I believe God's judgments focus on what "spirit" we are of - what do we project? If we are not consumed with love, both for Him and for our fellow man (love from Him to others), then we are lacking. I believe this is an effective measure by which we can judge ourselves, for love is the litmus - God in His essence is love.

If we have within us any misgivings regarding the message we present - when we say "God loves you", is there a "but"?

Then the message is marred, and the receiver is effected.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
I hear over and over again from those who believe that God will not cast out, forever, those who are found to be in sin...who have read and heard the Word of God stating so, but have CHOSEN to ignore His warnings!

Please...tell me how you all can just pass right over and ignore completely, what the Word of God says all through the Bible...you either carelessly, do not crack open the Bible at all...or you have no idea their even IS a God...or that what He says, you twist to mean what you want it to say, instead of receiving it the way He meant it to be received!

Please tell me who you are referring to here ? , the people you are referring to here are those who believe in UR .Clear as crystal.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:06 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,261 times
Quote:
...although if one believes they can enter the Kingdom of God in sin, that they will somehow be saved no matter what...it has yet to be proven by Scripture, as far as I am concerned.
And that won't be proved by scripture either since it's not true. I don't think you'll find anyone here who believes that either.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Which is why I separated the two sven. UR'ers ignore Scripture that clearly states that ALL will not be saved. Evildoers, who may be reading, can not be omitted as being among those who CHOOSE to ignore Scripture altogether. The thread being addressed to both...separately
I too appreciated that you lump evildoers and URers together so neatly. It is funny that you seem to think that because I believe that noone will be left to wander because the Good Shepherd will leave the 99 to find the one that is lost and lead him back like the Prodigal Son, that somehow I am an evildoer.

I guess it comes down to motivation.

What motivates you not to sin? Rules, fear of Hell? fear of a god that will mercilessly send you to burn?

So what motivates you not to sin? You teach others that it is better to believe and be saved than not believe! It is easier if you just believe then you are covered! Just repent when you do wrong.

What you are saying in the title to the thread is that because URers don't have the same motivator as you do, then we must just sin and sin and do evil and what is there to stop us?

What motivates me not to sin? Love for God and others. It's the purest form of motivation there is...

You assume we can sin so we do...

Romans 5: 19-20
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

Some say this is proof that not all will be saved.. How many were made sinners by the one man? (hint: all have sinned Rom. 3:23) and how many are made righteous? (hint: equal to the many that are sinners). The amount of those made sinners is directly proportionate to the amount of those made righteous.

The bolded part of the passage states that the amount of sin is directly proportional to the amount of grace. Grace increases at the same rate as sin.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

So Paul is saying that just because the amount of grace increases proportionately to the amount of sin doesn't mean you should sin to get more grace. We died to sin and know it isn't worth living in. Paul is saying that sure you CAN sin and grace will increase to keep up with your sinning but should you? NO...

That is how URers live without sin (not that we are perfect by anymeans).

Paul is saying that since all are saved (Rom. 5:19) does that mean you can go on sinning so there will be more grace?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
"SCRIPTURE CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL WILL NOT BE SAVED"

Find me one good scripture that clearly says that!
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shall bear it.
13 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
14 For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city,
15 To call pssengers who go right on their ways:
16 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith no to him,
17 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant,
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Proverbs 10:27-30
The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
28 The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.

...now after posting this Scripture, I know for a fact UR'ers will come behind me and chop them up, and evildoers will negate them all together...but I posted them anyway for those who need to know the truth.

There are PLENTY more...if you would like...!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You are changing the debate twin.spin. No one is saying there are no consequences.
He has not changed the debate at all...as a matter of fact he's right on target!!! What he said is exactly what this debate IS about!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shall bear it.
13 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
14 For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city,
15 To call pssengers who go right on their ways:
16 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith no to him,
17 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant,
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
I'm not gonna "chop them up"
Just simply gonna say: Is this passage speaking of those that are physically dead or spiritually dead because I think he'd know if all her guests were dead and they wouldn't be able to be enticed into her house as a guest if they were dead. Just you know, logically.

Quote:
Proverbs 10:27-30
The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
28 The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
Again, not gonna chop the verses up. Just simply say that the wicked will perish quicker than the righteous. That is just common sense. And if they perish earlier than others they cannot inherit the earth as they are dead.
Have you ever met an 80 year old drug addict? The sin of doing drugs, for example, will KILL you. I think all the medical doctors will agree that your life is shortened. I don't see how this applies to death and hell. It's just common sense. If you think it's fun to sin, by all means go ahead, but your life will be cut short unless you turn from your ways... and even then it may be too late. Everybody knows that!

Quote:
...now after posting this Scripture, I know for a fact UR'ers will come behind me and chop them up, and evildoers will negate them all together...but I posted them anyway for those who need to know the truth.

There are PLENTY more...if you would like...!
And again I say: Evildoers forfeit a great life when they choose to do evil. It is similar to believing (and being caught up) in a lie that causes bitterness against others . This bitterness will eventually eat you up to the point that all your relationships are severed for one reason or another.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity