Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 PM

14 posts, read 42,034 times

Advertisements

believe that according to the Bible, Eve sinned first, Correct me if Iam wrong, as Iam sure you will, but if not, than answer this.

If Eve sinned first than how did you Christains inherit sin in the world through Adam and not Eve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
believe that according to the Bible, Eve sinned first, Correct me if Iam wrong, as Iam sure you will, but if not, than answer this.

If Eve sinned first than how did you Christains inherit sin in the world through Adam and not Eve?
The woman, (she was not named Eve until after the fall) did indeed sin first. But it is Adam who is the federal Head of the human race. We are all seminally in Adam. It is Adam who was created first by God. Eve was built from one of Adam's ribs. It is therefore Adam's sin that is imputed to the human race.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Remember that Eve is obviously more intelligent than Adam. She had to be coerced into eating the fruit through intelligent conversation. That had to have taken some thought on her part. Adam on the other had simply took the fruit and ate it with no thought whatsoever. God felt ashamed that Adam did this so he put him (Adam) in charge of the woman just to make the poor guy feel important. The woman had much more power within her than the man did and this carried over into the human race. That explains why god didn't want the woman to be in charge. She would give him (god) a run for his money!

Old 10-06-2009, 04:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Remember that Eve is obviously more intelligent than Adam.
There are some who consider Eve the soulish side of Adam - representing his emotions and (what would soon be called) the carnal mind. Scripture gives no record of Adam giving place to anything contrary to what God had said. To do that is precisely what the carnal mind does.

If Eve was anything else, then it's open to debate how sin entered into the equation. God created Adam as he was, yet he said "It was this ----- thou hast given me." Woe man!!

Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM

14 posts, read 42,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The woman, (she was not named Eve until after the fall) did indeed sin first. But it is Adam who is the federal Head of the human race. We are all seminally in Adam. It is Adam who was created first by God. Eve was built from one of Adam's ribs. It is therefore Adam's sin that is imputed to the human race.

I dont get that because , sin was not in the world until after eve sined not before, so sin enter the world through eve not Adam.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
There are some who consider Eve the soulish side of Adam - representing his emotions and (what would soon be called) the carnal mind. Scripture gives no record of Adam giving place to anything contrary to what God had said. To do that is precisely what the carnal mind does.

If Eve was anything else, then it's open to debate how sin entered into the equation. God created Adam as he was, yet he said "It was this ----- thou hast given me." Woe man!!

Yes but notice how it was Adam who was lonely to begin with and needed a "helpmeet"....he couldn't make his own sandwiches and his hand was getting tired ....Eve didn't need anyone for companionship...kind of like REAL LIFE isn't it.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Geez. We guy's always take the blame.

My wife is never wrong.
One time she thought she was wrong, but she was wrong about that.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I dont get that because , sin was not in the world until after eve sined not before, so sin enter the world through eve not Adam.

What sin? There was no other sin. Only one rule....don't eat that fruit!! So what was all of the other sin? You realize that they were given NO OTHER LAWS. Killing was okay, boinking your own kids was okay, stealing was okay....they had to be. Even at the time of Noah! What were they all drowned for? Breaking laws that were never given?

Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
The thing is that Eve's sin was not charged to the world. Adam's original sin was what God imputed to the entire human race for the purpose of comdemnation. Eve's sin only caused her own spiritual death.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:47 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:

Well, if you read in the scriptures Adam was created first before Eve and God told Adam ( Genesis 1:16-17 ) and the Lord God commanded the man, " You are free to eat from any tree in the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil; for when you eat of it you will surely die.

Now as you read this God told Adam this, not Eve, because she wasn't even created yet. So, Adam received this commandment from God not Eve. There is not evidence in scripture that God ever told Eve this, only Adam.

Now you have in ( Genesis 1:22) Where God made Eve, but as you still see, there is no scripture that says that God then commanded Eve the same thing that He told Adam..

Now you read that the serpent tested Eve with the fruit and told her to eat the fruit. But Eve says we may not eat the fruit that is in the middle of the garden, for we would die. But there is no evidence that God told her, so it is apparent that Adam told her What God told him.

She knew not to eat the fruit, but she did anyway. But you never see that God told her not to eat the fruit, so from my understanding Adam told her.

So, when she ate the friut, nothing happened. I think that nothing happend because she wasn't commanded from God like Adam was, but when Adam ate the fruit sinned entered through him to us. So, why is that? I think it is because God told Adam, and I feel that God is holding him responsible for disobeying him, since God told him not to eat the fruit and not Eve. I think Adam told Eve not to eat the fruit and not God.

I feel that God was holding Adam responsible since he was the was the person that God told not to eat the fruit. I feel that if God had told Eve also, sinned would have entered through her first. Also if you read in scripture Man is to be over His household, and men are the responsible to take care of His house, and run his house and be able to tell the women no, when she is wrong.

Eve was wrong, but Adam should have known better to eat the fruit, because God told Him not to eat it. So, that is why I feel that Adam was held responsible for Sin and not Eve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity