Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:47 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you don't like what's on the plate, then don't eat it. Simple.

If you keep smacking yourself on your little round head like that, you are going to end up with a headache. May I be so bold as to suggest keeping a bottle of Excedrin handy for just such moments?

And the topic of this thread concerns the Vatican.
That's your typical response when you can't refute the scripture that's been laid right in front of you. You'd rather fictualize and sensationalize scripture, by the teaching of a bunch of dispensensationalists, than actually reading the Bible and learning what it teaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 01:11 PM

33,296 posts, read 26,494,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That's your typical response when you can't refute the scripture that's been laid right in front of you. You'd rather fictualize and sensationalize scripture, by the teaching of a bunch of dispensensationalists, than actually reading the Bible and learning what it teaches.
Lady, I did a thread on Dispensations and gave the pertinent scripture that so very plainly shouts dispensations. The capacity of a preterist to deny and ignore the obvious is astounding.

And again, this thread is about the Vatican. It is not about your crusade against truth.

I won't bother to reply to any more of your mindless dribble.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Lady, I did a thread on Dispensations and gave the pertinent scripture that so very plainly shouts dispensations. The capacity of a preterist to deny and ignore the obvious is astounding.

And again, this thread is about the Vatican. It is not about your crusade against truth.

I won't bother to reply to any more of your mindless dribble.
ROFL...ROFL...ROFL...You really are silly

Old 10-08-2009, 01:12 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,574,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
The key word is "ANYMORE" so they definately spilled the "blood of saints". I never said that it was still occuring. But during the papal inquisition millions of people were tortured and killed. A king does not necessarily have to be an inherited title, but has to have a kingdom. I will agree that there have been more than 7 Popes. But in 1929 The Lateran Treaty was an agreement signed by Italy and the Holy See which recognized the Vatican City as a sovereign and independent papal state. Hence: The Papacy recieved a kingdom, which makes them kings. Since The Lateran Treaty there have been Popes, Pius XI, Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI. Thats seven!!! As for wearing purple and scarlet, I don't see that it matters wether or not they are worn together. But I do know that the color for bishops and other prelates is purple and for cardinals scarlet. And my question was: What other Church wears these colors??? And like the book of (Daniel 7:25) .... And he shall think to change times and laws.... The time: the 7th day. The law: the sabbath. The Roman Catholic Church changed that without scriptural authority!! Also God is the only one with the authority to forgive sins. The Catholic Church Claims their priests can do so, which is claiming to be God!! Blasphemy!!! So yes, the Roman Catholic Church is "full of abominations". I do not believe however that this means that Catholics are evil or bad. My whole family is Catholic, and some are the nicest most sincere people I have ever met. But I do believe that there is alot of deception going on in that Church, as well as many others. My intentions are not to insult anyone within the Catholic Church. So my apologies if I have already done so!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
I don't see how you can say the Catholic Church is some weird conspiracy and not offend Catholics.

And no credible historian thinks "millions of people" were killed and tortured by the Inquisition. A highly anti-Catholic ex-Catholic monk named Joseph McCabe listed 3 million killed by "The Catholic Church" but he was including all peoples. (Muslims in the Crusades, Jews, etc) The Inquisition in the Papal States really didn't kill many people at all. The Spanish Inquisition largely killed Muslims and Jews. Violent religious persecutions also occurred among the Eastern Orthodox, the Calvinists, and the Anglicans.

The Papal States of the Medieval period were closer to being a kingdom than the current Vatican.

As for the general theme if the Vatican is trying to "control the world" they aren't all that great at it. The UN promotes contraception, Pentecostalism is displacing Catholicism in much of Latin America, and Islam is outpacing Catholicism in Africa.

Mostly this thread is akin to reading a pamphlet by a paranoid schizophrenic.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas r. View Post
i don't see how you can say the catholic church is some weird conspiracy and not offend catholics.

And no credible historian thinks "millions of people" were killed and tortured by the inquisition. A highly anti-catholic ex-catholic monk named joseph mccabe listed 3 million killed by "the catholic church" but he was including all peoples. (muslims in the crusades, jews, etc) the inquisition in the papal states really didn't kill many people at all. The spanish inquisition largely killed muslims and jews. Violent religious persecutions also occurred among the eastern orthodox, the calvinists, and the anglicans.

The papal states of the medieval period were closer to being a kingdom than the current vatican.

As for the general theme if the vatican is trying to "control the world" they aren't all that great at it. The un promotes contraception, pentecostalism is displacing catholicism in much of latin america, and islam is outpacing catholicism in africa.

exactly!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 AM

437 posts, read 1,072,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I don't see how you can say the Catholic Church is some weird conspiracy and not offend Catholics.

And no credible historian thinks "millions of people" were killed and tortured by the Inquisition. A highly anti-Catholic ex-Catholic monk named Joseph McCabe listed 3 million killed by "The Catholic Church" but he was including all peoples. (Muslims in the Crusades, Jews, etc) The Inquisition in the Papal States really didn't kill many people at all. The Spanish Inquisition largely killed Muslims and Jews. Violent religious persecutions also occurred among the Eastern Orthodox, the Calvinists, and the Anglicans.

The Papal States of the Medieval period were closer to being a kingdom than the current Vatican.

As for the general theme if the Vatican is trying to "control the world" they aren't all that great at it. The UN promotes contraception, Pentecostalism is displacing Catholicism in much of Latin America, and Islam is outpacing Catholicism in Africa.

Yes, it is. Maybe Mike555 writes Chick tracts in his spare times or reads them to get his "facts".

Old 10-08-2009, 07:53 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

I never said weird conspiracy!! I only stated facts about the Catholic Church. As for wether or not the Papal inquisition killed millions; we will never know for sure. We were not there. I also never said they were trying to "control the world", just trying to get the world to accept Sunday as the Sabbath day of rest. Which at least 80% of the world does, so I would say they're doing a wonderful job. When did God change his Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday?? Paranoid?? Not hardly. Schizophrenic?? I think not. That title is for someone who is freaking out about this. I could care less what they decide to do with their belief system. I just call it like I see it, and know where I stand in my beliefs in all this. I just wish they were not pushing Sunday down everyones throat to get them to disobey God's commandment!! I also did not say that I didn't offend Catholics, only that if you/they felt offended then I was sorry because that was not what I intended.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM

437 posts, read 1,072,692 times
Quote:
I never said weird conspiracy!! I only stated facts about the Catholic Church. As for wether or not the Papal inquisition killed millions; we will never know for sure. We were not there. I also never said they were trying to "control the world", just trying to get the world to accept Sunday as the Sabbath day of rest. Which at least 80% of the world does, so I would say they're doing a wonderful job. When did God change his Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday?? Paranoid?? Not hardly. Schizophrenic?? I think not. That title is for someone who is freaking out about this. I could care less what they decide to do with their belief system. I just call it like I see it, and know where I stand in my beliefs in all this. I just wish they were not pushing Sunday down everyones throat to get them to disobey God's commandment!! I also did not say that I didn't offend Catholics, only that if you/they felt offended then I was sorry because that was not what I intended.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Your "facts" are NOT facts or true. That is the problem. How could you think that your wild and untrue mish mash of junk would not offend a Catholic?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Hmmm...did you miss the part where Jesus said He is our Sabbath rest?? There is no longer any day that is important or that we should follow...we rest in Jesus everyday because of His finished work on the cross.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Your "facts" are NOT facts or true. That is the problem. How could you think that your wild and untrue mish mash of junk would not offend a Catholic?
One mans junk is another mans treasure!!! And again, I never said I did not offend, just that I was sorry!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity