Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:03 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I have read a bit about preterism, some things make sense, but other things do not, so I have some basic questions coming from a sincere heart that just wants to understand a bit more.

How can literally all prophecy be already fulfilled? Specifically:

1. 1 Cor 15:22 says all are made alive in Christ. When did this happen? How could "all" be made alive, when "all" have not existed yet?

2. When was death defeated? Obviously people still die, so I don't see how this has been fulfilled.

3. 1 Cor 15:22-28 says all enemies are defeated by Christ. When did this happen? Again, there are still many enemies in the world: wars, disease, death, etc.

4. When is the lake of fire? When was the GWT judgement fulfilled?

And perhaps my biggest question:
5. What happens now? Does the earth continue on forever, continuously producing people, some going to heaven when they die, others not, (or in the case of UR, all going to heaven?) Does this current earth ever "end"? Do we ever reach an "end state" where God is simply just "all in all" and all are finally reconciled to Him?

Inquiring minds want to know what you think.

Thanks.
I was taught the Futurist view of scripture but try as I might...it just didn't fit with what scripture actually said. When Jesus told us that John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the Elijah prophecy and when He told us that the generation He was speaking to would not pass away before all was fulfilled...the futurist view failed. I went to many pastors and preachers and they would just fluff off what Jesus and the Apostles said as them just being "mistaken"...imagine that. If you are really interested in finding the truth Lego...just start studying all the views. When you truly study and compare the different views to actual scripture only one will stand out as the truth with no speculation or phantasmagorical images of the mind having to be inserted to make the view valid.

Good Luck in your endeavors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
My prayer is that the remaining die-hard hardcore futurists here will study the chart in the link below and finally come to the realization that they are just another generation in a long, long line of past generations that were exactly where they are now, saying, "I don't care what you think, I know the Lord is going rapture me soon."

Failed end of the world predictions from 30 to 2000 CE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity