Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,542,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
You know it is simple and easy to see what the scripture is saying. But you will find others who not only misinterpret scripture, but they actually disagree with what God has said about Himself. Jesus is God and the scripture proves it. You will soon find out that some here don't really take the scripture for what it says. Lack of knowledge is destroying alot of people.
I agree.. lack of knowledge of the one they serve.. the one and only True God on High.. is very damaging. Worshiping the created rather than the creator is also damaging...

Miss Shawn.. do you believe that Jesus was created?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,310,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yay!

You don't know how relieved I am to not have to be abused by you anymore!

Now run along.

Anybody else want to answer my questions here since sciota can't:

In other words, you never considered Jesus saying He is not the disciple's God when He said to them:

"I am ascending to your God" (John 20:17).

Their God was not Jesus. Their God was Jesus' God.

If Jesus was their God why did He not say so here?
I would never trust your words or even believe what you say, because you quote things that are not even in the bible. To me this shows that if you write a scripture down wrong, you are not teaching truth.

You could atleast quote the correct scripture if you want people to even take you seriously.

Your entire argument adds up to much of nothing, due to you providing something that you made up. You should read the bible and then quote the write scripture if you ever expect someone to take you serious. But as of now, you quoting scripture can't be trusted.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I agree.. lack of knowledge of the one they serve.. the one and only True God on High.. is very damaging. Worshiping the created rather than the creator is also damaging...

Miss Shawn.. do you believe that Jesus was created?
NO, Jesus was not created, He was placed in a womb. Do you not understand that Jesus was here before anything was made? Do you not understand that Jesus was in the OT?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Excuse me but you quoted a portion of scripture that does not exist... Because you want to deceive other or ignorance.. either way you quoted verse 7 with it's proven interpolation then backed that up without the interpolation... I don't know about others but that screams inconsistency to me.

The whole passage is meant to prove that Jesus is the SON of God and not God himself. I believe Ireneaus proved that by his exhortation of heresies.

Some quotes:
"Chapter XII.-The Triacontad of the Heretics Errs Both by Defect and Excess: Sophia Could Never Have Produced Anything Apart from Her Consort; Logos and Sige Could Not Have Been Contemporaries."

For the Father of all ought not to be counted with other productions; He who was not produced with that which was produced; He who was unbegotten with that which was born; He whom no one comprehends with that which is comprehended by Him, and who is on this account [Himself] incomprehensible; and He who is without figure with that which has a definite shape.

For the Father of all is at a vast distance from those affections and passions which operate among men. He is a simple, uncompounded Being, without diverse members,(61) and altogether like, and equal to himself, since He is wholly understanding, and wholly spirit, and wholly thought, and wholly intelligence, and wholly reason, and wholly hearing, and wholly seeing, and wholly light, and the whole source of all that is good-even as the religious and pious are wont to speak concerning God.

If then, even in the case of human beings, understanding itself does not arise from emission, nor is that intelligence which produces other things separated from the living man, while its motions and affections come into manifestation, much more will the mind of God, who is all understanding, never by any means be separated from Himself; nor can anything(62) [in His case] be produced as if by a different Being.

They lead them on by the use of those [expressions] with which they have been familiar, to that sort of discourse which treats of all things, setting forth the production of the Word of God, and of Zoe, and of Nous, and bringing into the world, as it were, the [successive] emanations of the Deity. The views, again, which they propound, without either plausibility or parade, are simply lies from beginning to end.

3. How much safer and more accurate a course is it, then, to confess at once that which is true: that this God, the Creator, who formed the world, is the only God, and that there is no other God besides Him-He Himself receiving from Himself the model and figure of those things which have been made-than that, after wearying ourselves with such an impious and circuitous description, we should be compelled, at some point or another, to fix the mind on some One, and to confess that from Him proceeded the configuration of things created.

Now, if the beings generated by the Father be similar to their Author, then those who have been produced must remain for ever impossible, even as is He who produced them; but if, on the other hand, they are of a different substance, which is capable of passion, then whence came this dissimilar substance to find a place within the incorruptible Pleroma? Further, too, according to this principle, each one of them must be understood as being completely separated from every other, even as men are not mixed with nor united the one to the other, but each having a distinct shape of his own, and a definite sphere of action, while each one of them, too, is formed of a particular size,-qualities characteristic of a body, and not of a spirit.

If, then, that seed [referred to] is here solidified and formed into a definite shape, it will possess the figure of a man. and not the form of the angels. How is it possible, therefore, that that seed should be after images of the angels, seeing it has obtained a form after the likeness of men? Why, again, since it was of a spiritual nature, had it any need of descending into flesh? For what is carnal stands in need of that which is spiritual, if indeed it is to be saved, that in it it may be sanctified and cleared from all impurity, and that what is mortal may be swallowed up by immortality; but that which is spiritual has no need whatever of those things which are here below. For it is not we who benefit it, but it that improves us.

For He [Jesus] did not seem one thing while He was another, as those affirm who describe Him as being man only in appearance; but what He was, that He also appeared to be. "

He was a man... because he was exactly what he appeared to be, a MAN.

Book II - Writings of the Early Church Fathers

Katonjj,

Once again you have proven to me your ignorance and lack of education in the subject. All of the works and authors I have presented predate your claims by a long shot, and rightly quote 1 John 5:7 and 8 as truth and direct proof of the trinity. Deal with it. Your claim is un-Christian.

Accept Christ as God, or continue as a pagan. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Part of being a Christian is accepting that Christ is part of the Godhead. No other way around it. If you don't believe that, you aren't saved. That is the very core of the faith, believing that Christ is God.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You twist, and you distort, and you redefine anything that doesn't agree with your nonscriptural beliefs. There is no truth in you.
Eusebius has no idea what the scripture says, because he misrepresents it like his idols like Origen who butchered the word of God. I think he is having trouble dealing with the father Eusebius being a preterist, so he is losing foundation as it crumbles under his feet.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I would never trust your words or even believe what you say, because you quote things that are not even in the bible. To me this shows that if you write a scripture down wrong, you are not teaching truth.

You could at least quote the correct scripture if you want people to even take you seriously.

Your entire argument adds up to much of nothing, due to you providing something that you made up. You should read the bible and then quote the write scripture if you ever expect someone to take you serious. But as of now, you quoting scripture can't be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

In other words, you never considered Jesus saying He is not the disciple's God when He said to them:

"I am ascending to your God" (John 20:17).

Their God was not Jesus. Their God was Jesus' God.

If Jesus was their God why did He not say so here?
He has presented the essential part of John 20:17 correctly to make his point. He didn't post it all or the KJV . . . but he did NOT misrepresent it at all. John 20:17 (King James Version)

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He has presented the essential part of John 20:17 correctly to make his point. He didn't post it all or the KJV . . . but he did NOT misrepresent it at all. John 20:17 (King James Version)

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Actually He didn't because the scripture does not say I am ascending to your God. If a person is going to quote scripture to try to make a point, then they should quote it correctly.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 PM

33,331 posts, read 26,536,018 times
I would like everyone to go back and look at my post #234 back on page 24, because I think it might not have been noticed, and it should be sufficient for any reasonable person to see that Jesus Christ is God.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I would like everyone to go back and look at my post #234 back on page 24, because I think it might not have been noticed, and it should be sufficient for any reasonable person to see that Jesus Christ is God.
Honestly, it doesn't matter how much truth that you provide, people who don't want the truth will reject it.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 PM

73 posts, read 119,465 times
Jesus isn't God. Jesus never directly said he was either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity