Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 AM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
Absolutely.......Decievers will always try to create confusion regarding the GOSPEL......but the Truth is crystal clear for those who are guided by the Holy Spirit......Thanks Mike....
You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Well, lets see what the bible has to say about this :

Rom 4:7 "Blessed are those whose lawlessnesses are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
Rom 4:8 blessed the man to whom the Lord will in no way charge sin."

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in the deviations and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all the deviations,

1Jn 2:12 Little children, I write to you because you have been forgiven your sins through His name.

And when were my sins forgiven?

Heb 7:27 who has no need, as do the high priests, to offer sacrifices day by day, first for His own sins, then for those of the people. For He did this once for all, offering up Himself.

Heb 9:12 nor through the blood of goats and of calves, but through His own blood, He entered once for all into the Holy of Holies, having procured everlasting redemption.

And what did he accomplish by so doing?

Heb 9:12 nor through the blood of goats and of calves, but through His own blood, He entered once for all into the Holy of Holies, having procured everlasting redemption.

And now you're going to proclaim that my sins were not forgiven by Jesus at the cross? And that He did not obtain an everlasting redemption?...LOL...

Your doctrine is more sick than I thought...LOL It's because you do not believe the Gospel or what Jesus accomplished for you on the cross. Believe the Gospel.

And yes, I believe that Jesus is who he claimed to be: The Son of God, One with His Father, or to summarize it like Thomas, Jesus is: My Lord and My God. And yes, I do believe and trust in Jesus for my salvation. And yes, I confess my sins to Him for daily cleansing.

But it is not my trusting Him or confessing to Him that saves me, but rather His forgiving my sins and His resurrection that declared me righteous, that is what saves, as the Gospel proclaims. It is Christ's work that saves, not our works or what we do. Do you really not understand this?

Our faith and trust in Jesus is the grace of the Spirit's work in our hearts and the Gospel bearing it's good fruit. But the fruit of the Gospel, if you will, should not be confused with the Gospel itself.
Sin, concerning the unbeliever:

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in you sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.

Sin, concerning the believer:

I John 1:9 '' If we acknowledge our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.''

Sin was judged at the Cross, but not forgiven. The unbelievers sins are forgiven at the point of believing in Christ, because they were judged on the Cross. The believers sins are forgiven at the point of naming those sins to God, as per 1 John 1:9, because they were judged at the Cross.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
And when were my sins forgiven?

Heb 7:27 who has no need, as do the high priests, to offer sacrifices day by day, first for His own sins, then for those of the people. For He did this once for all, offering up Himself.

And what did he accomplish by so doing?

That's what I was going to say.

Mike, et al; the judgment of sin was appropriated at Calvary, as the Son of Man was the propitiation for us - but it does not end there. Just as He was nailed there for the sin of mankind (hallelujah), our flesh must also be crucified and we must also be raised to newness of life.

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life...Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. (Rom 6)

That's the key of the Christian life - dying and being renewed. So much of the Body is trying to fulfill the Word, but their focus is on themselves instead of letting the Spirit of God do His work in them. We "must decrease, and He must increase" as John the Baptist declared of himself; the carnal man is deeply rooted in all of us, and only the work of the cross can rid us of it.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

Mike, et al; the judgment of sin was appropriated at Calvary, as the Son of Man was the propitiation for us - but it does not end there. Just as He was nailed there for the sin of mankind (hallelujah), our flesh must also be crucified and we must also be raised to newness of life.

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life...Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. (Rom 6)

That's the key of the Christian life - dying and being renewed. So much of the Body is trying to fulfill the Word, but their focus is on themselves instead of letting the Spirit of God do His work in them. We "must decrease, and He must increase" as John the Baptist declared of himself; the carnal man is deeply rooted in all of us, and only the work of the cross can rid us of it.

Until you make a personal decision to believe in Christ for salvation, the work of Christ on the Cross is not applied to you. If you do not believe in Christ for salvation, you will die in your sins. Read Post #142.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:42 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Until you make a personal decision to believe in Christ for salvation, the work of Christ on the Cross is not applied to you. If you do not believe in Christ for salvation, you will die in your sins. Read Post #142.
My post was "post believing" - I said "that's the key of the Christian life".

You're burning my eyes - lay off the red bold.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Quote:
To the contrary. God is triune in nature. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each individually identified as being God. God is three in Person and one in essence.

Please tell me in the Bible where it states this.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Please tell me in the Bible where it states this.
See my threads, 'All Three Members of the Trinity Indwell the Body of the Church Age Believer.' and 'The Plurality and Oneness of the One True God.' I just bumped them back to the top of the forum.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:39 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

And that my friends....is the GOSPEL MESSAGE!!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
Sin, concerning the unbeliever:

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in you sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.

Sin, concerning the believer:

I John 1:9 '' If we acknowledge our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.''

Sin was judged at the Cross, but not forgiven. The unbelievers sins are forgiven at the point of believing in Christ, because they were judged on the Cross. The believers sins are forgiven at the point of naming those sins to God, as per 1 John 1:9, because they were judged at the Cross.
Yes, I believe those scriptures too. But what you fail to realize is that Jesus indicated believing is conditional when left in the hands of man. Let's look at the verse:

Joh 8:24 I said, therefore, to you, that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye may not believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.'

But we know man's faith, or faithfulness, is not a condition placed upon God. For what man cannot do, is unable to do, or will not do, God can do.

Joh 1:13 who--not of blood nor of a will of flesh, nor of a will of man but--of God were begotten.

And how do we know God will do this?

1Ti 2:3 for this is right and acceptable before God our Saviour,
1Ti 2:4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;

The phrase does will and come to are not conditioned upon man, but conditioned upon God.

And how can this be so?

1Ti 4:10 for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men--especially of those believing.

Christ is the savior of all men, especially of those believing. This is not conditional upon man but God.

And when will this be revealed?:

1Ti 2:5 for one is God, one also is mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
1Ti 2:6 who did give himself a ransom for all--the testimony in its own times--

And how will we know this?

Php 2:10 that in the name of Jesus every knee may bow--of heavenlies, and earthlies, and what are under the earth--
Php 2:11 and every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Believe the Gospel, and believe that God will provide it's testimony. Glorify Jehovah God in His salvation!

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 11-19-2009 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-19-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, I believe those scriptures too. But what you fail to realize is that Jesus indicated believing is conditional when left in the hands of man. Let's look at the verse:

Joh 8:24 I said, therefore, to you, that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye may not believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.'

But we know man's faith, or faithfulness, is not a condition placed upon God. For what man cannot do, is unable to do, or will not do, God can do.

Joh 1:13 who--not of blood nor of a will of flesh, nor of a will of man but--of God were begotten.

And how do we know God will do this?

1Ti 2:3 for this is right and acceptable before God our Saviour,
1Ti 2:4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;

The phrase does will and come to are not conditioned upon man, but conditioned upon God.

And how can this be so?

1Ti 4:10 for for this we both labour and are reproached, because we hope on the living God, who is Saviour of all men--especially of those believing.

Christ is the savior of all men, especially of those believing. This is not conditional upon man but God.

And when will this be revealed?:

1Ti 2:5 for one is God, one also is mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
1Ti 2:6 who did give himself a ransom for all--the testimony in its own times--

And how will we know this?

Php 2:10 that in the name of Jesus every knee may bow--of heavenlies, and earthlies, and what are under the earth--
Php 2:11 and every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Believe the Gospel, and believe that God will provide it's testimony. Glorify Jehovah God in His salvation!
Like many, you pick and choose verses that make you feel good and comfortable, and then misuse them, and you reject those passages that you don't like. I won't waste my time putting up the passages that tell you that you must believe, because like all universalists, you just ignore them. The Bible makes it clear that there are going to many people who are going to spend eternity in the lake of fire. You reject that, and so you will simply have to find out the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity