Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 11:20 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I seriously doubt that. They still worship saints and trust in figures and statues.

We never have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 03:50 PM

3 posts, read 1,880 times
I feel guilty somtimes to think this but what if the bible is actually a big key to alot of our answers like what if just ,what if the bible actually had more scientific symbolism than we think it does . I mean not to separate the two but i feel like alot of what the bible infers to a greater extent leads to a greater meaning than just us. Maybe somthing we all ought to do is really read through the bible (Basic Instructions,Before,Leaving,Earth) and make our analysis from thier.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
YOU determine what you are doing, thinking, worshiping, etc. . . . not the things you possess or other people . . . like Marks. Possession is not the problem . . . worshiping them IS. Our "state of mind" (consciousness) determines whether or not we are sinning. It is not some magical or mysterious event. We know when we are sinning . . . because that is the "state of mind" we are in. Relax . . . ignore Marks and all other fundies and literalists.
Agreed ...

Old 07-16-2010, 04:09 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Default Judaism Founded by King Solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well, think about it this way, King Solomon built idols and temples to the gods of his many wives in his palace, and he wrote two books of the bible ... Do you think that the same man that was inspired by God to write two books of the bible has been set aside for destruction?

Also there is a difference between having toys and the like, and being an Idolater ...
1 Kings 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents (666) of gold.

1 Kings 11:1 But King Solomon loved many strange women...

6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

9 And the LORD was angry at Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared to him twice.

He rent the kingdom from Solomon and gave it to his servant...

Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 PM

697 posts, read 1,071,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I see
What, exactly, do you see?

I have a wrought iron mermaid on my mantel. I think it is a whimsical piece of decoration. Am I an idolator?

You have got to be kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity