Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Cienega View Post
Thanks Betsey for caring for all of us. Really.

I once too believed that the rapture was coming soon...now Ive realized its all a lie.
I'm a former Christian...been for almost all my life until recently.
I once too went from door to door preaching gods word and salvation but today I dont believe in that god.
Reading and questioning the Bible made me realize how wrong I was about my beliefs.
Im not certain of how we got here but I am 100% certain that the rapture will never take place...ever.
It's not that you were wrong about your beliefs but those who taught you were wrong. God has revealed the lie to you and you have turned from it...GOOD FOR YOU!! Now, instead of listening to others....listen to God and let Him lead you into ALL TRUTH...if you truly seek it from Him, He will reveal it to you and you won't be led astray again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
To whom much is given, much is and WILL be required, remember that. For those of you left back, it is and WILL be your responsibility to tell the truth and bring others to Christ, providing your heart's not hardened.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That is just more of your dispensensationalist nonsense....the KING REIGNS NOW....his kingdom is within us....God dwells within us NOW. You are totally missing the awesome resurrection life Jesus died to give you, one in which you should be living NOW instead of waiting for the great disappearing act that will NEVER happen.
ChristyGrl, no one is here sitting, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the rapture to occur, or how you so eloquently put it: "the great disappearing act".........no, there is so much to do TODAY my friend, which is telling others about the mercies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that He is still in the saving business. This is what we ought to be doing in this last 'hour".

You don't believe in the rapture....so be it, that's for you, all you, your final answer. However, when it occurs, not if, but WHEN it occurs, you know what needs to be done after right?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
To whom much is given, much is and WILL be required, remember that. For those of you left back, it is and WILL be your responsibility to tell the truth and bring others to Christ, providing your heart's not hardened.
That's right Betsey....it will be a very difficult journey and I know we all want so badly for people to come to know Christ NOW so they won't have to go through the tribulation. We know there's only so much we can do and I feel part of that is just what we are doing here....warning and providing good information.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's right Betsey....it will be a very difficult journey and I know we all want so badly for people to come to know Christ NOW so they won't have to go through the tribulation. We know there's only so much we can do and I feel part of that is just what we are doing here....warning and providing good information.

Thank you for that encouragement my sister in Christ, for you.........I know you can almost hear that trumpet too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XFep...eature=related

Old 12-12-2009, 09:23 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Here is a site about Rapture prophecy that is very good and informative that I know you will like Betsey and explains what will happen very well. I'm going to post it in my thread too.

www.raptureprophecy.com

Be sure to scroll down to read the entire article.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
LA Cienega,

Christ's return has been hoped of all Christians since from the Apostles time. That is why the Bible doesn't give a date, so that each generation had hope. Don't base your faith on people's supposedly insight knowledge of a return like just because the calander reads 500, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1900, 2012..... that somewhere in the Bible this secret code has been decoded. They are and always will be wrong.

The Bibles only teaches that the rapture will occur when the world ends. Be assured, nobody will miss it. Nobody is going to be "left behind". When Jesus does come,

"the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." 1 Thessalonians 4:17

It never says....in the year 1000, ... opps 1200 ... opps 1500 ... opps 1900 .... opps 2012 the dead in Christ will rise.

God never put a date in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 because if he did then no other generation would have hope. Why? ......

Because of your very situation. You have put your hope in fortune tellers not in God's promise.

FYI: The return of Christ will not go un-noticed. This will be a one time event.

Revelation 1:7
Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him!

Its worth repeating, when Jesus comes ......"every eye will see him!"

Old 12-12-2009, 02:36 PM

396 posts, read 598,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
LA Cienega,

Christ's return has been hoped of all Christians since from the Apostles time. That is why the Bible doesn't give a date, so that each generation had hope. Don't base your faith on people's supposedly insight knowledge of a return like just because the calander reads 500, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1900, 2012..... that somewhere in the Bible this secret code has been decoded. They are and always will be wrong.

The Bibles only teaches that the rapture will occur when the world ends. Be assured, nobody will miss it. Nobody is going to be "left behind". When Jesus does come,

"the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." 1 Thessalonians 4:17

It never says....in the year 1000, ... opps 1200 ... opps 1500 ... opps 1900 .... opps 2012 the dead in Christ will rise.

God never put a date in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 because if he did then no other generation would have hope. Why? ......

Because of your very situation. You have put your hope in fortune tellers not in God's promise.

FYI: The return of Christ will not go un-noticed. This will be a one time event.

Revelation 1:7
Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him!

Its worth repeating, when Jesus comes ......"every eye will see him!"

...AND THEY ALSO WHICH PIERCED HIM... (First Century!!!)

Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 PM

593 posts, read 889,841 times
Contingent on rapture (taken up) with Christ being chronologically "Pre Trib" anyone left would have
needed to prepare. A food pantry,and many sustainable supplies the list is enormous. There will
very quickly be no food availability (shelves in all food srores,convience stores,resturants and ware-
houses and even 18 wheelers will be looted in hours) Many houses within the first six months of the 7 years will be robbed and in many cases families murdered for food and water. By the third year most food reserves will be gone and people will be relgated to eating animals of any kind,fish caught
in ponds,rives,lakes,and sadly bow wow's. At 3.5 years antichrist rules and if you want goods and services you join his deceptive peace intiative . At this point millions have died of famine and disease. Many unbelievers finally have their backs broken so to speak and find the Lord and are martyred rather than receive the mark of the satanic beast. Mid trib rapture and post trib are still worthy of study and not to be taken lightly. Some timelines we simply don't knowas an absolute.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Contingent on rapture (taken up) with Christ being chronologically "Pre Trib" anyone left would have
needed to prepare. A food pantry,and many sustainable supplies the list is enormous. There will
very quickly be no food availability (shelves in all food srores,convience stores,resturants and ware-
houses and even 18 wheelers will be looted in hours) Many houses within the first six months of the 7 years will be robbed and in many cases families murdered for food and water. By the third year most food reserves will be gone and people will be relgated to eating animals of any kind,fish caught
in ponds,rives,lakes,and sadly bow wow's. At 3.5 years antichrist rules and if you want goods and services you join his deceptive peace intiative . At this point millions have died of famine and disease. Many unbelievers finally have their backs broken so to speak and find the Lord and are martyred rather than receive the mark of the satanic beast. Mid trib rapture and post trib are still worthy of study and not to be taken lightly. Some timelines we simply don't know as an absolute.
Keep going.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity