Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundy who cares less what the doctrines of christianity are .

9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[e] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[f]

So how does your essential christian doctrine fit into this verse ?
Simple. it's called systematic theology? That verse is for believers who truly understand and can discern His word; the impact and the sacrifice of what that verse means even under penalty of alienating your whole family or a brutal death.

If I took that criteria on the streets of the U.S. I guarantee you over 70% of the population would be Christian.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well whatever concept you and others come up with will be man's doctrine too.....It doesn't matter what verse you get you will explain it away so why ask?
Yeah, so true.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Belief that Jesus is God is mandatory to be a Christian???

Of course.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Simple. it's called systematic theology? That verse is for believers who truly understand and can discern His word; the impact and the sacrifice of what that verse means even under penalty of alienating your whole family or a brutal death.

If I took that criteria on the streets of the U.S. I guarantee you over 70% of the population would be Christian.
So what you are saying is when a person has their eyes and ears opened to the good news by the Holy Spirit , there's a huge check list to be checked before is faith his announced real

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is when a person has their eyes and ears opened to the good news by the Holy Spirit , there's a huge check list to be checked before is faith his announced real
Nope! [ope!]...[ope!]....[P!!]

Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM

742 posts, read 2,068,405 times
These days, just saying you're a Christian makes you one. People swallow it up like nothing.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Christy,

My advice is chill ..........I have realised that my walk is my walk and others walk is their walk. What I believe at the moment is what I have been shown and is probably clouded by biases I don't even realise are there. In scripture there is verses that support a lot of contradictory doctrines and it is up to interpretation and so is highly subject to being interpreted wrong --------it seems that most believe they are led by the Holy Spirit and all others who disagree with them are obviously wrong and not christian/saved etc and are normally very vocal about it ........ and then once they get a better understanding of something say - futurism to preterism - they are then inclined to be just as vocal about the exact opposite of what they were previously supporting.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:

So if an unbeliever picks up a bible and reads this portion of scripture you are telling me the Holy Spirit cannot open his eyes to understand and believe ?

Acts 8

34The eunuch asked Philip, "Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?" 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

The word of God is for whosoever not just believers ,otherwise we are all doomed.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
These days, just saying you're a Christian makes you one. People swallow it up like nothing.
There are christians who think they are christians because they believe in the bible

Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
So if an unbeliever picks up a bible and reads this portion of scripture you are telling me the Holy Spirit cannot open his eyes to understand and believe ?

Acts 8

34The eunuch asked Philip, "Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?" 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

The word of God is for whosoever not just believers ,otherwise we are all doomed.
Let me reiterate

Quote:
That verse is for believers who truly understand and can discern His word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity