Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Christy,

I've posted many times about this topic. I am not going to waste my time repeating what can be found in the archive.
If you're going to make a derogatory claim about a persons beliefs...please have decency to back it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 10:09 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If you're going to make a derogatory claim about a persons beliefs...please have decency to back it up.
Do you know what the posting archive is?

If yes, you can go there for explanations about why your belief system is "Gnostic."

No doubt you will disagree with my conclusions, but at least you will see the reasons why I hold the views that I do.

Anyway, you have said a number of times here that you care for no one's opinons except that of GOD. Since I am just a human being like you, I don't know why you would bother to spend any time reading about what I think.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
You are misquoting me Christy. What I said was that defense of Christian tradition seems to have the same effect on you as holy water does on demons:

Such defense of Christian tradition seems to have the same effect on you and on ChristyGrl as holy water does on demons.

In other words, it really "gets under your skin"--to put it mildly.The evidence of this can be seen in your posting history.
This is an absurd personal attack. Your superstitious belief in "holy water" and "demons" reveals your lack of understanding and indoctrination into the corruptions of Jesus's message that exists in the "precepts and doctrines of men" that constitute the Catholic religion. I believe they were corrupted by satanic deceit . . . since they lead to contradictory and inexplicable evil notions and actions of God that must be rationalized away . . . whereas the pure Jesus message is that of unconditional love for us all. You choose which you think has satanic influence in it.
Quote:
As I've stated before, your misguided dualistic belief around "carnal" = bad and "spiritual" = good is NOT a traditional Christian teaching, it is a Gnostic one. Orthodox Christianity has successfully fought the influence of Gnostism for twenty centuries.

Those of us who have studied Christian history such as myself and sciotamicks can spot Gnostic beliefs a mile away. I cannot speak for him, but I am not here for your benefit or for mine -- rather, I am here for the benefit of those reading, particularly those new to the Gospel, who may not have yet had the opportunity to learn about the history of Gnostic infiltration in the Christian Church and could otherwise be confused and misled by what you are presenting. It is important that they hear voices on this topic other than yours.
You should have broadened your study from the Catholic nonsense . . as I did. My beliefs have nothing to do with Gnosticism or any of your other "bogeymen" belief systems (Boo! . . . Don't be scared now). The infiltration you should be concerned with is satanic deceit . . . and it exists big time in the Catholic and fundamentalist Christian "traditions." Anything that not only portrays God as evil in any way but also as a vindictive egotistical monster exacting eternal torture on our entire species for not obeying Him . . . is NOT anything that Jesus's God would do. It has to be the result of satanic deceit that appeals to our human weaknesses infiltrated into doctrine.
Quote:
It is a free country and you have a constitutional right to practice the religion of your choosing, but you are no more a "Christian" in the commonly understood sense of the word than Madonna with her bottles of Kabbalah water is an Orthodox Jew.
It is a free country but you are NOT authorized or capable of deciding who God would consider a Christian follower of His Son . . Jesus. The self-righteous and pompous insistence on continuing to do so reveals a sinister influence.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Reverend1111,

To learn that you reject the Torah as the Word of God does not surprise me.

I do not think your beliefs are "funny" or "amusing" -- I think they are tragic. I will continue to expose them as best I can for the reason I stated above to Christy.

I have known many New Agers in the course of my life, and the individual most hurt by New Age ideas is the one who holds them. Warren Smith and Joanna Michelsen are an example of two hardcore New Agers who were able to escape its clutches and find the Gospel.

As regards "bashing and condemning" going against everything Jesus taught -- you and I must be reading different Bibles, because Jesus Christ was very explicit in condemning both sin and hypocrisy. He was tolerant and loving in regard to people, and "intolerant" in regard to Truth. Given that you reject Torah, however, it is quite possible you are getting your information about Jesus from sources other than ones followed by traditional Christians.

Many genuine people of good will get pulled into the occult and New Age teachings. If there wasn't some kind of dividend or payoff like the one you described above, they wouldn't give it a second look. I suspect that your attraction to these teachings is really the Gospel calling you, but that you don't realize that yet. It would be wonderful if you could talk to Warren Smith some time.

Best wishes.
Funny, I was reading the bible when I got pulled away from it.
I trust my own soul to find what it searches for. It matters not if it's the bible, the torah, the koran, etc. It's our souls that do the longing not our minds.

By rejecting the torah is not a sign that my beliefs are better. My beliefs are just as good as anyone elses. The bible is just as good as any other. The same with all religions. What matters is the condition of a persons soul and where they are going. It's not up to anyone to say if that path is right or wrong. It's only right or wrong to the person who is judging that religion or belief.

This thread is about the new age beliefs. So what if someone is a new ager. Religion should evolve. If it remains stagnate, those soul adhering to that belief will also stagnate. A soul cannot rise higher than what it's being taught. I chose to take another step in my beliefs as the bible was stagnating my soul. Once I stepped away from it, my soul grew tremendously.

You say that it doesn't matter what one believes yet you are stating everyone is wrong but you by starting a thread about new agers and that you think they are on a path to destruction. (Not your words but the jist of what you are saying as I understand it)

It's not up to anyone to say what path is the best. I'm not a follower. I've never been one. I don't need to ask anyones permission to believe what I do. It was my choice and it was a good choice. I ask for Divine Love and I receive it. No substance on earth is more precious than that, not even your bible and torah. The soul is what should be sacred but yet you people who adhere to every word of the bible think a book is more sacred.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Do you know what the posting archive is?

If yes, you can go there for explanations about why your belief system is "Gnostic."

No doubt you will disagree with my conclusions, but at least you will see the reasons why I hold the views that I do.

Anyway, you have said a number of times here that you care for no one's opinons except that of GOD. Since I am just a human being like you, I don't know why you would bother to spend any time reading about what I think.
You've responded exactly as I thought you would....thanks for the confirmation.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is an absurd personal attack.

It is a free country but you are NOT authorized or capable of deciding who God would consider a Christian follower of His Son . . Jesus. The self-rigtheous and pompous insistence on continuing to do so reveals a sinister influence.

What constitutes a "personal attack" can be somewhat subjective. What you call a personal attack I call an observation using simile. There is a mechanism here however for dealing with what one perceives as a "personal attack."

I have NEVER claimed to know "who GOD would consider a Christian." Rather, I have stated REPEATEDLY and CLEARLY that YOU do not fit within the meaning of the word Christianity as it has commonly been used and understood throughout the centuries.

Who is doing that understanding? Human beings.

Like Christy, perhaps your beef isn't with me, but with the people who produce dictionaries.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is an absurd personal attack. Your superstitious belief in "holy water" and "demons" reveals your lack of understanding and indoctrination into the corruptions of Jesus's message that exists in the "precepts and doctrines of men" that constitute the Catholic religion. I believe they were corrupted by satanic deceit . . . since they lead to contradictory and inexplicable evil notions and actions of God that must be rationalized away . . . whereas the pure Jesus message is that of unconditional love for us all. You choose which you think has satanic influence in it. You should have broadened your study from the Catholic nonsense . . as I did. My beliefs have nothing to do with Gnosticism or any of your other "bogeymen" belief systems (Boo! . . . Don't be scared now). The infiltration you should be concerned with is satanic deceit . . . and it exists big time in the Catholic and fundamentalist Christian "traditions." Anything that not only portrays God as evil in any way but also as a vindictive egotistical monster exacting eternal torture on our entire species for not obeying Him . . . is NOT anything that Jesus's God would do. It has to be the result of satanic deceit that appeals to our human weaknesses infiltrated into doctrine.It is a free country but you are NOT authorized or capable of deciding who God would consider a Christian follower of His Son . . Jesus. The self-righteous and pompous insistence on continuing to do so reveals a sinister influence.
As usual....you've outdone yourself and I still can't rep you. Just do like I've done Mystic.....consider the source and move on....life is way to short to deal with people, such as this, stuck in their carnal traditions, doctrines and dogma....consider the source and move on.

P.S. I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 AM

This thread is about the new age beliefs. So what if someone is a new ager.

This is a Christianity forum, so I am commenting on New Age beliefs from the perspective of an orthodox, traditional Christian. "So what is someone is a new ager?" Christians are not told to keep silent in the face of spiritual deception.

Religion should evolve.

No.

This statement is 180 degrees from what the God of Abraham has revealed to us about Himself.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. "

You say that it doesn't matter what one believes yet you are stating everyone is wrong but you by starting a thread about new agers and that you think they are on a path to destruction

I think New Agers are deceived. I have the right to hold that opinion and express it, just as you have the right to hold the opinions you do about what you perceive as the spiritual benefits of channeling.

If you don't like my threads, report them to the moderator. If that doesn't satisfy you, use the "ignore" feature.

The soul is what should be sacred but yet you people who adhere to every word of the bible think a book is more sacred

This is heresy from a traditional, orthodox Christian viewpoint. Allow me to explain:

The soul is part of God's creation. The Bible is the Word of God, the creator. In traditional, orthodox Christian terms, no part of the creation can EVER be as great as, let alone GREATER than, the creator.

If you want to speak with me offline more in depth about the New Age movement send me a DM. You seem like a gentle and sincere person, and I would be happy to answer your questions offline if you wish.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
You're "sizzling" again, Mystic.

Like I said, orthodox Christian beliefs seem to have the same effect on you as holy water does on a demon.
Interesting. Your responses seem more demonic than ours since they mock Jesus's message of love that Christy and I promote.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:

The soul is what should be sacred but yet you people who adhere to every word of the bible think a book is more sacred

This is heresy from a traditional, orthodox Christian viewpoint. Allow me to explain:

The soul is part of God's creation. The Bible is the Word of God, the creator. In traditional, orthodox Christian terms, no part of the creation can EVER be as great as, let alone GREATER than, the creator.

If you want to speak with me offline more in depth about the New Age movement send me a DM. You seem like a gentle and sincere person, and I would be happy to answer your questions offline if you wish.
You misunderstood that statement. Believing that the bible is more sacred than the human soul is demeaning to oneself. The bible was written as a guide for people who needed it. It is not meant to be adhered to throughout eternity. Souls have to progress in order to become At-One with God. If the bible is the only book that a person adheres to, that soul cannot progress past that book. Everything else will just fly right over their heads.
Divine Love is in your bible. Loving God and each other is also in your bible. What is wrong with me believing in those things if they are also in your book? Nothing. I believe in Divine Love, One God and Loving that one God and each other. Everything else, to me, is just extra and doesn't need to be in our lives. They just mess things up and a person who is not literate or a person who is not all there with their minds cannot understand all the dogma related to being a bible believer. In my beliefs, they can all understand Love. It's the only thing that matters.
If all I had in this world is Divine Love, I could enter the Kingdom of God. I don't need the rest of the bible bs to enter into that Kingdom. The gate is narrow and the entry is with Divine love. In no other way can one enter into that Kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity