Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've always thought it was poorly explained and even Christians seem to have various thoughts on what it might be. The Bible is filled with all of the descriptions of the various activities of God and Jesus but it doesn't seem like the Holy Ghost has as much to do (maybe he just runs around with a sheet over his head all day joking). And now that I think about it, isn't there supposed to be something similar to that for satan? There's satan, the antiChrist and maybe something else? Maybe I'm just getting that idea from the horror movie The Omen but I think there might be something that's considered the opposing force of the Holy Ghost.
I was always told the three biggies were Satan Beelzebub and bedelgeise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 06:49 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
dncngrl1964 wrote:
Quote:
I was always told the three biggies were Satan Beelzebub and bedelgeise
Really! I don't think I'm familiar with those last two guys.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:54 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
I've always thought it was poorly explained and even Christians seem to have various thoughts on what it might be. The Bible is filled with all of the descriptions of the various activities of God and Jesus but it doesn't seem like the Holy Ghost has as much to do (maybe he just runs around with a sheet over his head all day joking). And now that I think about it, isn't there supposed to be something similar to that for satan? There's satan, the antiChrist and maybe something else? Maybe I'm just getting that idea from the horror movie The Omen but I think there might be something that's considered the opposing force of the Holy Ghost.
Yes I have heard of the unholy trinity it will be satan, the anti-christ and I believe the third one is the beast.
Also I believe the Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are the same. He lives inside Christians and brings comfort to us and reminds us of God's promises.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times
Quote:
dncngrl1964 wrote:

Really! I don't think I'm familiar with those last two guys.
bealzebub and "beetlejuice"
Beelzebub is the Lord of the flies
bedelgeise is deeper still

Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,962 times
Default Holy Ghost

[quote=kawgpz550;742675]I agree with Dreameyes.

"Then you have Jesus that was made just a little below the angels (because He was human)" -I disagree with this statement. Truth is, Yeshwah,or Jesus as you call Him was not made a little below the angels. Consider for the moment; Would your son/daughter hold a lower status than your house help/servant? Yeshwah, being the Son of Yahweh could not have held a position below the angels. Think about it...

Old 06-22-2007, 10:48 PM

688 posts, read 2,836,459 times
You got it, my friend!

There's satan, antichrist and the beast. All evil!

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Spirit). All pure holiness!

Just think, the Holy Spirit is IN us! That means we actually have a part of God IN us! Wow! That's pretty cool stuff!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:55 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,342 times
The Holy Spirit is the Divine Love between the Father and the Son.

Other references/names include:

The Comfortor, The Paraclete, The Sanctifier, The Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 AM

743 posts, read 2,234,342 times
There are also 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit: Isaiah 11:2-3

Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, Counsel, Fortitue, Piety, Fear of the Lord,

Old 06-23-2007, 12:36 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
[quote=EyesWideShut;935520]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I agree with Dreameyes.

"Then you have Jesus that was made just a little below the angels (because He was human)" -I disagree with this statement. Truth is, Yeshwah,or Jesus as you call Him was not made a little below the angels. Consider for the moment; Would your son/daughter hold a lower status than your house help/servant? Yeshwah, being the Son of Yahweh could not have held a position below the angels. Think about it...
That's ok if you want to disagree...It took me a while to understand the concept as well, but here's one of the verses:
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Edit:
He was made a little below the angels, because He was human and died...angels do not die . It isn't meant that His divinity is lower than the angels though

Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times
The Holy Spirit is God's 'active force' that he uses to accomplish his purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity