Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
re⋅li⋅gion

  /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA Use religion in a Sentence

See web results for religion

See images of religion

–noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. 2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
I am not interested in the dictionary definition of religion. I am not interested in the worlds definition of religion. I am telling the world from the standpoint of being a member of the royal family of God that religion is the invention of Satan and stands in direct opposition to the revealed word of the living God.

Again, Christianity is a relationship with God through the saving work of Jesus Christ on the Cross by which means whosoever will, may come to God through faith in Christ.

Religion and legalism promote works as the means of earning salvation. All of the worlds many and varied religions are all from Satan and lead all who are in those religions first to Hades, and ultimately to the eternal lake of fire. Unless they believed in Christ for salvation, Budda and Mohammed and all the other religious founders are in Hades and are lost forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
And what do you think the Pharisees throught of themselves?
Any person who humble themselve, die to self, says "God I am wretched in your eyes and I deserve hell. I do not deserve your grace and mercy but you are more than merciful to allow a wretched sinner such as myself in the kingdom" IS NOT a pharisee

Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Did that statement make you cringe "Christian"? if it did, why?
Yes, because of the poor grammar.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
yes, because of the poor grammar.
guilty as charged

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-06-2010 at 12:01 PM..

Old 01-06-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Exactly my point.
Then there is nothing wrong saying Christianity is better? afterall why would we evangelize?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
We are sanctified because we are filled with the Holy Spirit,we are set apart from others who do not believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Sure you believe it, but how do you treat those who reject your message?

I think that is where your are truly tested. If you love them just the same as your brothers and sisters and children of god, everything is shiny. If you don't, you are committing a sin. Am I getting that right?
Yes we must treat everyone well....to say otherwise or do otherwise is hypocritical and sinful. After all, Jesus hung around with the dregs of society (as some would see it today) and treated everyone with dignity and respect. He had a special place in his heart for those who had it rough BUT.....he never sinned. He never engaged in their sinful activity, He just loved them through it.

I think you'll find that real Christians are like that. When I say real, I mean sincere and full of Christ. It shows.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:31 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Jews worship the same God Jesus did. We worship the creator of the universe.

We don't worship a man named Jesus. We worship the same God he did, as every Jew does.
You go girl....I am not Jewish....but I also know that Jesus is not God....for there is only ONE GOD...Jesus said this himself many, many times.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You go girl....I am not Jewish....but I also know that Jesus is not God....for there is only ONE GOD...Jesus said this himself many, many times.
Jesus is God and I would love to know how one can be Christian and not believe Jesus is God?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Christianity is not a religion at all.
Well, it wasn't supposed to be - but it is. I'm sure you mean that spiritual rebirth isn't a religion, and how could it be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Recognizing and standing for the truth is not bigoted. God wants men who will stand in the gap and proclaim the truth in the devils world. Christians are ambassadors of God stationed in enemy territory for the purpose of representing Him.
AISI Unfortunately many "Christians" do the work of the devil (that is, they try to impose written creedal requirements on the masses) replete with all the exclusivity and elitism of the pharisees - only dressed up as "free grace".

I know you believe you have "truth" through proper scriptural exegesis. That's how legalism works - even when disguised as spiritual understanding/enlightenment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity