Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 06:17 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The first page always has the oldest posts on it - before you reply to a post look at the date which is always on the top left of each post

** 02-16-2010, 05:52 PM was the date of the post you replied to

You have been told this previously, do you have memory problems? I’m not criticising but it would help us understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Get serious Kat, the latest posts are on the first page, perhaps you have a different setting. I seriously doubt you go several hundred pages in to search for the latest posts, isn't that true?
The default setting is to have oldest posts first, which means that newest posts are the first displayed. However, that is an option you can change. This is the first time I have heard of anybody using other than the default setting.

Most people simply browse to the forum they want to read and look for threads that interest them. Threads with new posts have bold titles. Threads where you have a post have a mark on the side. I've only known of 2 people in 13 years that enabled email notifications for threads. It seems much simpler to look for a bold thread title.

Remember to refresh the page before you leave to see if a post has been made while you were reading a thread.

Old 10-04-2021, 12:40 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Get serious Kat, the latest posts are on the first page, perhaps you have a different setting. I seriously doubt you go several hundred pages in to search for the latest posts, isn't that true?
I meant the opening post of the thread is on the first page

I look at the current threads and go to the last post of the thread and I seem to manage very well to not be constantly replying to old posts

How about you get serious lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 12:45 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The default setting is to have oldest posts first, which means that newest posts are the first displayed. However, that is an option you can change. This is the first time I have heard of anybody using other than the default setting.

Most people simply browse to the forum they want to read and look for threads that interest them. Threads with new posts have bold titles. Threads where you have a post have a mark on the side. I've only known of 2 people in 13 years that enabled email notifications for threads. It seems much simpler to look for a bold thread title.

Remember to refresh the page before you leave to see if a post has been made while you were reading a thread.
When I say the first page, I mean in the thread - the opening post is on the first page, do you mean you can change that order?

Old 10-05-2021, 04:52 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post

Thanks Mensa, that helps me to understand it better sir.

Old 10-05-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I meant the opening post of the thread is on the first page

I look at the current threads and go to the last post of the thread and I seem to manage very well to not be constantly replying to old posts

How about you get serious lol

I click on a thread on the first page, and begin reading where it comes up, if I feel I can contribute to what is said, I will reply simple as that. I personally do not comment about others posting to someone, but I guess some just like to harass others, to each their own. At any rate, ridicule will never stop me from spreading seeds of truth to others if I feel it beneficial. You see Jerwade might be correct, the poster may not have seen my response, but he did, so what does that tell you? Others will as well, and observe his ridicule also.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:10 AM

27 posts, read 29,014 times
Quote:
Stay tuned Michael, as he will come again. How happy we will be when Rev 22: 20 is fulfilled, but for now all we can do is say it: Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.
Rev. 22:20 was fulfilled with Jesus' "coming" in 70 AD to judge the Jews.

Jesus will come again "to judge the living and the dead at the end of earthly history just prior to a renovated universe". "Last Days Madness" by Gary DeMar, p. 159

And since no one can know the day and the hour, any speculation about the signs of the times is illogical.

Yes, both those concepts are taken out of context, but using those words hopefully makes my point. Those trying to connect current events with Bible prophecy will most certainly fail because:

Prophecy fulfilled is more powerful than failed predictions. Olde Wisdom from Thee Frugal Curmudgeon (aka me)

Would not showing an unbeliever a Bible passage and its historical fulfillment be more convincing that telling them that if they accept Christ sometime in the future they won't live through a terrible event?

Old 10-05-2021, 11:53 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
I click on a thread on the first page, and begin reading where it comes up, if I feel I can contribute to what is said, I will reply simple as that. I personally do not comment about others posting to someone, but I guess some just like to harass others, to each their own. At any rate, ridicule will never stop me from spreading seeds of truth to others if I feel it beneficial. You see Jerwade might be correct, the poster may not have seen my response, but he did, so what does that tell you? Others will as well, and observe his ridicule also.
You can only go with what you believe highway, a man gotta know his limitations. You go get them Highway, tell them your truth, I mean that's all you got right?

Good O'le Highway, you are doing a bang up job bro.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:05 PM

27 posts, read 29,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You can only go with what you believe highway, a man gotta know his limitations. You go get them Highway, tell them your truth, I mean that's all you got right?

A Dirty Harry quote. Color me impressed.

Actually that interaction begs the question: What is "truth"?

What are "seeds of truth"?

Are "facts" and "truth" synonymous?
I've seen those that don't believe they are.

And how did we get off the topic of this thread?

Old 10-06-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat57 View Post
Rev. 22:20 was fulfilled with Jesus' "coming" in 70 AD to judge the Jews.

Jesus will come again "to judge the living and the dead at the end of earthly history just prior to a renovated universe". "Last Days Madness" by Gary DeMar, p. 159

And since no one can know the day and the hour, any speculation about the signs of the times is illogical.

Yes, both those concepts are taken out of context, but using those words hopefully makes my point. Those trying to connect current events with Bible prophecy will most certainly fail because:

Prophecy fulfilled is more powerful than failed predictions. Olde Wisdom from Thee Frugal Curmudgeon (aka me)

Would not showing an unbeliever a Bible passage and its historical fulfillment be more convincing that telling them that if they accept Christ sometime in the future they won't live through a terrible event?

We have been following Jesus' command given at Mat 28:19,20 for nearly 2k yrs now 57. Yes now is the time to become one of Christ's followers for sure.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Thank you sir, I appreciate that, but I am only doing what I should; a choice each of us have to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity