Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Lord may have control over the world but he will withdraw his hand when sin get stonger and his Children are in lack and do not pray enough to bring HIS Peace a HIS hand is withdrawn...........

There are very large fallen angel of the devil who are capable of vibrating the earth to bring earthquakes and weather changes..... The weather change in the eath today is a drought in the Artic and the antartic and snow in not enough to replentish the glaciers........ Droughts bring famines.........
And the grace of God brings Salvation.........
Sounds like you believe the devil is the Almighty. Don't you think it's better to lift up the name of the Lord rather than devil ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 05:01 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Word of God says in Matthew 24:4-8 ....``Take heed that no man deceive you........For many shall come in my name saying I am Christ and shall deceive many.........And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, see that ye be not throubled, for all those things must come to pass, but the end is not yet..........For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom and there shall be famines and pestilences and EARTHQUAKES in divers places....... All these are the beginning of sorrows.``........ See the Hamd of God will be lacking in the beginning of sorrows Jesus calls this time..... when believers fall to bring redemption of Jesus blood to the earth and get the land healed. The more unbelievers and sin builds up and the prayers of the past won`t be enough during the times of sorrows. People may not be praying in the name of Jesus, ... allowing the devil to go roughshod over the earth...... The Lord may have control over the world but he will withdraw his hand when sin get stonger and his Children are in lack and do not pray enough to bring HIS Peace a HIS hand is withdrawn........... There are very large fallen angel of the devil who are capable of vibrating the earth to bring earthquakes and weather changes..... The weather change in the eath today is a drought in the Artic and the antartic and snow in not enough to replentish the glaciers........ Droughts bring famines.........
Take your medication.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:12 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Not trying to confuse anyone here with facts, but:

Why Haiti's quake toll higher than Chile's - CNN.com

Quote:
No, the apocalypse is not coming. No, the two earthquakes are not linked in any way. And no, Pat Robertson, you can't blame the Devil or the French. The real answers, for those comfortable with science and the Enlightenment, are tectonics and poverty.

Quote:
In the sixties, new data from research cruises and from earthquake seismometers led to the realization that tectonics makes mountains slide sideways long distances. Earth scientists discovered that the Earth has a patchy skin of mobile plates a hundred miles thick and thousands of miles across, and that they move horizontally at a slow but irresistible pace. It's where they collide that our problems begin.

South America is a prime example of this process, one that geologists call "subduction." It's why we have the long chain of mountains called the Andes and it's why countries like Chile and Peru suffer giant, destructive earthquakes every few decades.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Is it now? I don't know what to say or what to think. I mean this is absolutely insane. Chili marks the 3rd earthquake to occur this year alone! There was Haiti first (my father's relatives died in this quake), there was China, and now there is Chili. And some aftershocks and tsunami's are under way to hit Asian countries as well. I just don't know anymore. I've been looking at the state of the world and the things that have been happening and the way people have been acting and I am just in total shock. In the back of my mind I am thinking, ok, let's not jump to fanatics and say the world is ending. I mean come on. But honestly, I have no idea anymore. Things I didn't think could happen are happening. Random things like The Hollywood Industry with their illuminati crap and Haitians (my own people) asking help from the devil AGAIN, and people becoming hyper-sexual than ever before, human branding, etc etc. I'm just at a loss of where and how everything went haywire in the world in a little over 10 years.
God controls all faults, and He is calling the nations to repent.

Here is a prophecy of God's command that Chile repent of sin, and of the prophecy of the Chile earthquake which would come.

Chile earthquake.
At about 7 minutes into it there is an easier to understand dialogue on TV with the Dr Owaur.

YouTube - Chile Earthquake Prophecy 8.8 magnitude-Dr. Owuor.mp4

His homepage.
Mighty Historic Healing Miracle (http://www.repentandpreparetheway.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&It emid=114 - broken link)

This guy vetted him http://www.squidoo.com/owuor#module29977692

Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
ooooookayyyyyyy...........I suppose Haiti is so much a threat to the non-Christian world that it had to be taken out? And I can't go to the supermarket with all those Chinese and Chilean missionaries bringing me to Jesus?

IF (big "if") the earthquakes are attributable to a supernatural force (God/Satan/whatever) then where is the motivation. If it is Gods punishment, why not the more knowingly sinful and more sin apologists like Hollywood getting clobbered? If it is Satan's doing, why punish his most faithful followers.....

Either way it makes no sense whatsoever to attribute this to anything but natural disaster.
Sweety, you don't think that our Heavenly Father is in charge of any natural disasters? Trust me, God has a hand in everything that happens on this earth, including natural disasters. I absolutely believe that God is responsible for what happened, just like He is responsible for all the great things that happen to us.
We can't make a separation that when something good happens to us we say: Halleluia and glory to God, but when something disastrous happens, we say that God had nothing to do with it.

Our Almighty Heavenly Father is all powerful and everything that happens, happens for a reason, ESPECIALLY natural disasters.
Does that mean that it's a sign of world ending? That's questionable. History shows that weather had PMSs such as those before, and quite often, and I'm hoping that it's just a fluke, temporary thing. I don't know the reasonings behind God's actions and why He allowed for those earthquakes to happen. Everything is just a speculation.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I wish christians would make their mind up who is doing the destroying . One minute we are told it's God who destroys people in eternal flames , now we are being told the devil is the destroyer by earth quakes and other disasters.
So it seems to me according to christian belief that the devil is trying to destroy people before God does.
Devil does not have the power to destroy the world by earthquakes. Nowhere in the Striptures does it say that he has that kind of power.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Devil does not have the power to destroy the world by earthquakes. Nowhere in the Striptures does it say that he has that kind of power.
Satan just has the power to dupe us....especially those folks who think every blip in the world means the end-times is near.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well read the post that i quoted , because the poster i quoted does .
Jesus said it's the devil that came to steal kill and destroy and yet the majority of christendom believes it's God that has , the proof that it does is the fact that it believes in eternal torment .

Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Chile earthquake tips earth's axis.

Chile quake may have tipped Earth's axis - CNN.com

Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,671 times
an earthquake hits Taiwan and a prophecy found in the Bible Code more than 10 years ago says that a great earthquake will hit Los Angeles in 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity