Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: A Refined Universalists' Poll
I believe Jesus is God, and I am an Universalist 10 62.50%
I believe Jesus was a man, and I am an Universalist 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:59 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Seriously, listen to your self:

Quote:
Another brother made a discernment that deemed it necessary for another poll to ascertain the beliefs of Universalists here in the forum.
Don't you find this to be a little arrogant and pompous? Was this brother whom you say made (to quote you) "a discernment that deemed it necessary for another poll" also another like minded ETing Arminian with a self righteous lock on the truth? LOL....I mean really...com'on...give us a little more benefit of the doubt and try exhaling now and then.
The polls goes as is at this moment of this post that 9 believes Jesus is God and are universalists while 3 believe that Jesus was just a man and are universalists.

If it has not given you pause, then there is nothing more to say on the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
The polls goes as is at this moment of this post that 9 believes Jesus is God and are universalists while 3 believe that Jesus was just a man and are universalists.

I have no idea what you are getting at - glad that it has shown you something though.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:

Well, lets look at the other side of the coin. How many ETer's believe that Christ's death actually accomplished and obtained our redemption for us (Heb 9:12), and that we are sanctified by His one offering alone (Heb 10:10)? None that I know of.

How many ETer's actually believe that it is God who justifies the ungodly (Rom 4:5), and He does so on the merits of Christ's death alone for them (Rom 5:6,9), and without the sinner's participation whatsoever? None that I know of.

How many ETer's believe it is the sole work and prerogative of the Holy Spirit to bring dead sinners to life (Joh 3:6-8), and that the Spirit does so while that sinner is dead in the flesh (Joh 6:63), without faith and at complete enmity with God (Rom 8:6-8)? None that I know of.

How many ETer's actually believe in the promise of the Gospel that Jesus came to seek and to save the lost (Mat 18:11) and that he actually did save us by His stripes alone (Isa 53:5, 11) and that God testified to our justification in His resurrection (Rom 4:25)? None that I know of.

According to the scriptures I read, the ETer's are batting 0%. The UR's are batting 100% on all these issues. Who do you think actually believes the Gospel and has been imputed with the righteousness of Christ?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:38 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Well, lets look at the other side of the coin. How many ETer's believe that Christ's death actually accomplished and obtained our redemption for us (Heb 9:12), and that we are sanctified by His one offering alone (Heb 10:10)? None that I know of.

How many ETer's actually believe that it is God who justifies the ungodly (Rom 4:5), and He does so on the merits of Christ's death alone for them (Rom 5:6,9), and without the sinner's participation whatsoever? None that I know of.

How many ETer's believe it is the sole work and prerogative of the Holy Spirit to bring dead sinners to life (Joh 3:6-8), and that the Spirit does so while that sinner is dead in the flesh (Joh 6:63), without faith and at complete enmity with God (Rom 8:6-8)? None that I know of.

How many ETer's actually believe in the promise of the Gospel that Jesus came to seek and to save the lost (Mat 18:11) and that he actually did save us by His stripes alone (Isa 53:5, 11) and that God testified to our justification in His resurrection (Rom 4:25)? None that I know of.

According to the scriptures I read, the ETer's are batting 0%. The UR's are batting 100% on all these issues. Who do you think actually believes the Gospel and has been imputed with the righteousness of Christ?
Amen!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:

Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:

Actually, I hate to be picky, but it's TWO, not three.
Cantwaittoleave mistakenly voted that Jesus was a man but she is NOT a universalist, (i.e. she doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world in the sense that ALL are saved.)

P.S. Why should it give anyone "pause" that the majority of universalists who voted believe that Jesus is God.
Personally, I don't know for absolute CERTAINTY if Jesus IS GOD. He says He is the SON of God. I think that there is a bit of mystery going on and I accept that I can't FULLY understand this right now. So Jesus is GOD or the SON of GOD. I tend to believe that HE IS GOD. If you have seen me, you have seen the Father is what makes me think this. But it could be that HE was sent to REFLECT the Father's love. And is not WHOLLY the Father. Like I said, this is a mystery and I have no problem saying that. I don't just latch onto an answer or latch onto what other people believe. This is a topic that I still, to this day... ponder. I don't care if mankind looks at me with disdain because I don't beleive "one way" or "the other way". God has me pondering and that's exactly what I'll continue to do.

peace.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Actually, I hate to be picky, but it's TWO, not three.
Cantwaittoleave mistakenly voted that Jesus was a man but she is NOT a universalist, (i.e. she doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world in the sense that ALL are saved.)
Sorry I ruined the results of the poll. Can I take my name off?! I read it wrong

Old 03-13-2010, 10:35 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Sorry I ruined the results of the poll. Can I take my name off?! I read it wrong
I don't think it's that big of a deal.
I was just pointing out that there was a mistaken vote. I thought Enow knew that since you posted about it already. But maybe she (he?? sorry) just forgot.

peace to ya..

Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Remember the rules now - O.U.A.U.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:38 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
remember the rules now - o.u.a.u. :d:d:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity