Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
LOL. I here this question all the time. Here's what the question really is:

"If you know that eventually everyone will be cured by the medicine then why take the medicine to anyone at all?"
Exactly it's a dumb question and reveals what isn't in their hearts to ask such a dumb question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 05:05 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

The answer is in the last 3 words of Romans 6 . Life and peace in this life .
Camps did not see this thread, I just finished posting my thoughts on why we preach the Gospel in the law of non contradiction thread if you want to read it.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

"If you know that eventually everyone will be cured by the medicine then why take the medicine to anyone at all?"
No, it's more like this "why take medicine to everyone when you know everyone has already been vaccinated?".

Old 03-14-2010, 05:12 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:

That's exactly what the question really is!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Camps did not see this thread, I just finished posting my thoughts on why we preach the Gospel in the law of non contradiction thread if you want to read it.
Just read it pneuma some good points in there.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:44 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:

Don't LOL just yet.......wouldn't one have to accept/partake/swallow/taste/ of this "medicine" before it can work?

Can I be "cured" except that I SWALLOW the medicine.......... that cures?

There is something that I have to do, I have to receive it!

The same is of Jesus Christ! We have to accept this free Gift of Salvation people! You believe mommy or daddy can save you? Just because they think so? NO! NO! NO! It's each one standing before Him on that Day! An appointment made for you and you alone. One that you will not miss!

No excuses...... "Well God, you know I heard that You were the "medicine" that cures, uh umm, but I didn't like the way it tasted in my mouth, sooo I spat You out"........... Really people? You know you don't even believe that nonsense, so STOP IT! Yes, for your sakes.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:59 PM

352 posts, read 553,019 times
Quote:
Exactly it's a dumb question and reveals what isn't in their hearts to ask such a dumb question.
You are being presumptuous aren't you? There are many who believe in ET that spread the Gospel for Jesus Christ. I am in Hong Kong right now, I have a friend here who is a pastor at one of the universities. He believes in ET but he is spreading the Good News, and so are a hundred more of his friends on the mainland. Are you saying that the Holy Spirit isn't in his heart or the heart of those on the mainland?
The rationale behind the argument is this: if everyone is going to be saved in the end, given the corrupt nature of humanity, very few people are going to be willing to make the change to be with Christ. An atheist, a rapist, a murderer would only think that they don't need to make any change in their life. If all are going to be saved then what need do I have to become a living sacrifice; I ultimately share in the same reward as those who were persecuted and trampled on all their lives and I don't have to do a thing. ET believers are simply acknowledging the fallacy of humanity. Humans, by their very nature, are corrupt, vengeful, and proud. Why would most humans accept Christ's message, which promises pain and hardship, constant self sacrifice, and the loss of one's personal rights? Most won't even if ET is true. If that's the case, then under universalism it is even more likely they won't listen. They will continue on in their day to day sins that end up hurting everyone else thinking that we have a license to sin.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
You are being presumptuous aren't you? There are many who believe in ET that spread the Gospel for Jesus Christ. I am in Hong Kong right now, I have a friend here who is a pastor at one of the universities. He believes in ET but he is spreading the Good News, and so are a hundred more of his friends on the mainland. Are you saying that the Holy Spirit isn't in his heart or the heart of those on the mainland?
The rationale behind the argument is this: if everyone is going to be saved in the end, given the corrupt nature of humanity, very few people are going to be willing to make the change to be with Christ. An atheist, a rapist, a murderer would only think that they don't need to make any change in their life. If all are going to be saved then what need do I have to become a living sacrifice; I ultimately share in the same reward as those who were persecuted and trampled on all their lives and I don't have to do a thing. ET believers are simply acknowledging the fallacy of humanity. Humans, by their very nature, are corrupt, vengeful, and proud. Why would most humans accept Christ's message, which promises pain and hardship, constant self sacrifice, and the loss of one's personal rights? Most won't even if ET is true. If that's the case, then under universalism it is even more likely they won't listen. They will continue on in their day to day sins that end up hurting everyone else thinking that we have a license to sin.

"They will continue on in their day to day sins that end up hurting everyone else thinking that we have a license to sin".

Bless you on your journey. Betsey

Old 03-14-2010, 06:07 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

The answer is in the last 3 words of Romans 6 . Life and peace in this life .
Enough with your Universalist theories!! I've had it! You people are insane!

Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Enough with your Universalist theories!! I've had it! You people are insane!
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity