Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:21 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
I am aware that lies don't help the cause, but then you presume to think that we are living a lie while those who believe in ET presume that you are living a lie.
Right - understood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
With all due respect, none of that matters. If they see they see, if they are blind they are blind. Threatening eternal hell does not stop sin!!! Truth can.
How many URs do you know who went directly from unbeliever to UR? In other words: How many unbelievers are saved by this UR "truth"?

I haven't heard of a single one.

As a matter of fact all the URs posting here were Christians and then converted to UR, and none of them saw the "truth" of UR when they were unbelievers. Read the thread "How did you become to believe in UR" if you don't' believe me. They all seem to say that they were disappointed with their faith, and were sobbing in the shower when God opened their eyes to the UR "truth".

Doesn't that make you wonder about the "truth" of UR? Why does it not convince unbelievers to become believers of it? And why are so many people convinced about the real teaching about the Bible, that one must accept Christ as their personal saviour in order to be saved. When they hear that message, they come in their thousands and give their lives to the Lord. Could it be that the Holy Spirit promotes one belief and not the other?

Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How many URs do you know who went directly from unbeliever to UR? In other words: How many unbelievers are saved by this UR "truth"?

I haven't heard of a single one.

As a matter of fact all the URs posting here were Christians and then converted to UR, and none of them saw the "truth" of UR when they were unbelievers. Read the thread "How did you become to believe in UR" if you don't' believe me. They all seem to say that they were disappointed with their faith, and were sobbing in the shower when God opened their eyes to the UR "truth".

Doesn't that make you wonder about the "truth" of UR? Why does it not convince unbelievers to become believers of it? And why are so many people convinced about the real teaching about the Bible, that one must accept Christ as their personal saviour in order to be saved. When they hear that message, they come in their thousands and give their lives to the Lord. Could it be that the Holy Spirit promotes one belief and not the other?
Finn, you make several incorrect assumptions. A Christian is a follower of Christ, of which I am one. Mainstream Christianity has been astray (even though they still try to follow Christ) for hundreds of years by their teaching of eternal torment. Perhaps one has to walk in the desert for 40 years before they come to this realization.

Secondly belief in UR converts no one. Likewise how many people have been converted because of belief in Eternal Torment? NONE. It is God who converts people. But I know you think it is totally up to the person to be saved. Wrong. Its like Firstborn said. If they see they see, if they are blind they are blind. Only God can give sight. He may give sight through the preaching of a doctrine, whether that is ET, or Annihilation, or UR, or anything He chooses. But ultimately ET will fall by the wayside as it becomes obvious it is incompatible with knowing God.

Finally, and I know you have been told this a thousand times by now:

There is no salvation except salvation by Christ!

You say: "one must accept Christ as their personal saviour in order to be saved".

All will accept Christ when they bow and swear allegiance to Him and praise His name.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Finn, you make several incorrect assumptions. A Christian is a follower of Christ, of which I am one. Mainstream Christianity has been astray (even though they still try to follow Christ) for hundreds of years by their teaching of eternal torment. Perhaps one has to walk in the desert for 40 years before they come to this realization.

Secondly belief in UR converts no one. Likewise how many people have been converted because of belief in Eternal Torment? NONE. It is God who converts people. But I know you think it is totally up to the person to be saved. Wrong. Its like Firstborn said. If they see they see, if they are blind they are blind. Only God can give sight. He may give sight through the preaching of a doctrine, whether that is ET, or Annihilation, or UR, or anything He chooses.

Finally, and I know you have been told this a thousand times by now:

There is no salvation except salvation by Christ!

You say: "one must accept Christ as their personal saviour in order to be saved".

All will accept Christ when they bow and swear allegiance to Him and praise His name.
You are not willing to answer. Why not?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
You are not willing to answer. Why not?
Answer what?!? Are you just trolling? Did you read my post?

I already told you belief in UR saves no one, and that no one is converted by UR. Likewise belief in ET saves no one. It is God who does the converting.

Personally I know no one who has believed in UR. But many are called, few are chosen.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 AM

Finn, was this the question you wanted an answer to?

"How many URs do you know who went directly from unbeliever to UR"

I don't even know anyone in "real" (non-internet) life who believes in UR, let alone one who went to believing in UR directly from being an unbeliever. The only one I know of at all posts on this board: firstborn888.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Personally I know no one who has believed in UR. But many are called, few are chosen.
Waaaah? ? Isn't this a complete 180 turn from what you have been saying here? Or am I confusing you with someone else? I could have sworn you were a UR believer, and according to them all are chosen.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Waaaah? ? Isn't this a complete 180 turn from what you have been saying here? Or am I confusing you with someone else? I could have sworn you were a UR believer, and according to them all are chosen.
Yes I believe in UR. No 180 turn. You say: "according to them all are chosen" -hmm, not exactly. Depends what you think they are chosen for. Certainly scripture says many are called and few are chosen. Chosen for what is the question.

Few are chosen to understand God's truth and be adopted as His son, right now. But all will understand in the fullness of God's plan. Few are chosen to be reigning with Christ in His kingdom. But all will be saved through that reign, through Christ.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Yes I believe in UR. No 180 turn. You say: "according to them all are chosen" -hmm, not exactly. Depends what you think they are chosen for. Certainly scripture says many are called and few are chosen. Chosen for what is the question.
Chosen for heaven.

When Bible says "For many are invited, but few are chosen" it talks about the the entry to heaven. Many are invited, but they turn down the invitation, and who arrive but are not pure of heart. Both kinds of people end up outside, "in the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". The place where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth is hell.
The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

5"But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11"But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.

13"Then the king told the attendants, 'Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."

Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You added 3 words in your answer, which is not in scripture. "In this life".

All I have ever heard from Christianity is I must make the right choice in this life or be doomed. Thanks for clearing that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity