Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM

889 posts, read 2,713,265 times

Advertisements

Please finish the sentence: Contentment is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:14 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
...knowing God will take care of all.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 AM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Resting in the assurance that God is in control.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 AM

41 posts, read 54,946 times
for me.. being satisfied and finding joy and peace in all things ( even the things that seem "bad or negative") knowing that God is in control and that he allows all things to happen, in order for me to grow with him..Remembering his promise and resting in His love.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Resting in the assurance that God is in control.
Amen! I should have said that too...

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Contentment is...Knowing that as long as religious folk continue to live in their religious delusion, the world will never change and will be become more and more unkind and intolerant of other folk who don't believe exactly as they do but also knowing that one day when the people of this world wake up and religious dogma is left in the dust, where it should be now, the world will become a much more kind, tolerant and generous place to live for ALL.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Knowing beyond a shadow of doubt that the spirit from Christ dwells within me and that He is directing my path through this life into the next..

Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Contentment is...Knowing that as long as religious folk continue to live in their religious delusion, the world will never change and will be become more and more unkind and intolerant of other folk who don't believe exactly as they do but also knowing that one day when the people of this world wake up and religious dogma is left in the dust, where it should be now, the world will become a much more kind, tolerant and generous place to live for ALL.
I realize you had a change recently ChristyGrl - do you no longer believe in God? Or have you simply given up on any man-made religions institutions?

Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Contentment is........resting in God's love. Without God then you can't be content with anything. I never was. Now, for me, contentment is being ok with where I'm at and what I'm doing. I'm content with being poor, having ragged towels and clothes, shoes, underwear....whatever. It's okay because God will provide just what I need when I need it. Besides, I have a mansion to look forward to!!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:10 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I realize you had a change recently ChristyGrl - do you no longer believe in God? Or have you simply given up on any man-made religions institutions?
No lego....I still believe there is a force greater than ourselves and whether we call that force God, Allah, Buddah, Zoraster, Mithras, Krishna, Universal Energy, etc....it is a force we know NOTHING about and all the speculation in the world won't change that. Each group purporting that they have the "absolute truth" won't change that because each group thinks that they are the right group and everyone else is wrong. Religious "man-made" dogma, of any religion, does nothing but breed intolerance, unkindness, unloving attitudes and war towards others who don't believe exactly as they do...this fact cannot be denied and the evidence of it is prevalent in our world today as it has been in the past. The myths and fairy tales of godmen in the skies need to be left in the primitive past, where they belong, if people ever hope to have any kind of world where we can all live in peace and harmony with one another and make it a better place for not only our children, but their children and their children's children.

It's time we all start really "living" in the present world and making it a better place for us ALL instead of ignoring or celebrating the tragedies that goes on around us in hopes that the world will be destroyed and something better may come along.

I personally don't care what anyone believes religiously, as long as they keep it to themselves. But when a religion tries to force their "religious man-made dogma" down others throats, it becomes a HUGE problem for everyone and the outcome is never good for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity