Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Hey, the new Marion's Pizza in Mason opened today. They contend a 450 indoor seating area and a 70 seat outdoor patio. Considering the current temperature I don't think the outdoor seating is going to do much the rest of the year. But 450 seats indoors, that is quite a few.

It is a big place so I will be curious as to how well it does. I need to convince the wife we need to try it out. I just love pizza of all kinds but she is rather luke warm to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,401 times
We always enjoyed The Bearcat from Adriatico's in Clifton when I was in college. Then again, not many things would satiate 4 college kids and post-bar munchies like a big, thick crust pizza.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_master View Post
We always enjoyed The Bearcat from Adriatico's in Clifton when I was in college. Then again, not many things would satiate 4 college kids and post-bar munchies like a big, thick crust pizza.
I've had the Bearcat a few times with friends. It's still really good.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM

219 posts, read 455,504 times
Italianette
http://www.italianettepizza.com/

Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIowan View Post
Yeah, even though I said so about a zillion postings back on this thread, I think Italianette is the best pizza in the area, too. Not as fancy schmancy as Dewey's, so maybe should not be directly compared. But in the world of basic pizza joints it's outstanding.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
I liked the Italianette web site. But I do have a question I did not see answered there. What style of pizza crust do they make? I do not care for a thick crust, it is just too much dough. Similarly a razor thin crust is like eating a hard cracker, don't like it either. From the pictures it appears they prepare a medium crust and the text states it is prepared from scratch in the store so it should be soft even when toasted brown on the bottom. This is right up my alley.

Thinking I might have to make a point to drive down to Silverton. Haven't been there for some time since my mom passed. Used to go from Madeira through Silverton and up Plainfield Rd to the bowling alley just north of Blue Ash. From the map looks like the Italianette must be close to where the original Perkins Pancake House was in Silverton.

While on the Italian subject, went with my brother and SIL to Carraba's last night in Deerfield Twp. Considering the price we thought it was less than mediocre. Just up the road along Mason Montgomery is a Bravo. They said their last visit there it was downright terrible.

Conversely there is a Bravo over off Union Centre Blvd in West Chester. My brother said he was hesitant to go there, but some friends who live in the area said it was good. He commented night and day difference, the food was very well prepared and the service excellent. He spoke to the manager, and inquired how can you have such good food and service here and the Deerfield Twp. location is terrible. Just the vagaries of a franchised chain. Some owners have experience and skills at managing a restaurant. Others have no idea wha they are doing, just that their investment is going to make them rich.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
I'd say Italianette's crust is medium. They use good quality ingredients, and I enjoy all their toppings, but they're the only pizzeria I know of where the bacon topping is half or whole slices, not crumbles. Delicious.

With a couple exceptions, hubby and I have basically quit patronizing the casual, sit-down category of chain restaurants like Carraba's, O'charleys, etc. Not for any kind of ideological reasons, the quality and value just isn't there anymore.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I liked the Italianette web site. But I do have a question I did not see answered there. What style of pizza crust do they make? I do not care for a thick crust, it is just too much dough. Similarly a razor thin crust is like eating a hard cracker, don't like it either.
Italianette is a medium crust; not chewy, but not crunchy, either. And if you don't like thin crusts, you won't like Marion's.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Quote:
Hey, the new Marion's Pizza in Mason opened today. They contend a 450 indoor seating area and a 70 seat outdoor patio. Considering the current temperature I don't think the outdoor seating is going to do much the rest of the year. But 450 seats indoors, that is quite a few.

It is a big place so I will be curious as to how well it does. I need to convince the wife we need to try it out. I just love pizza of all kinds but she is rather luke warm to it.
That place is absolutely massive....if it's what I think it is from pictures.......it's so big I thought it was the Fresh Market......but that's actually a pizza joint. A friend of my wife described it as "chucky cheese without chucky." So there must be a ton of kids games, etc.....and it's probably loud.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 PM

4 posts, read 4,523 times
Quote:

I had Marion's Thursday night and I can't see why Dayton residents rave about it. It's right across the street from Westshore Pizza and very near Aponte's and Dewey's. The quality doesn't come close to the others I mentioned. I love Dewey's, especially the Edgar Allen Poe, Green Lantern and Ryan's Inferno, but when it comes to traditional ingredients, Aponte's is it. I've not tasted a better handmade sauce and the thinly sliced Italian sausage can't be beat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati