Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 AM

4,485 posts, read 6,242,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattolson View Post
I'm probably only going to be in Cinci a max of two years so that seems like a reach. I never thought renting/finding an apartment would be so tough, majority are rented.
You don't want to live over there. As Natinija noted, its' pretty desolate there and you would have to go through some serious hood to get anywhere on foot. I would stay east of Central Parkway, otherwise you are in the West End, which is pretty rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,981,059 times
Quote:
I'm probably only going to be in Cinci a max of two years so that seems like a reach. I never thought renting/finding an apartment would be so tough, majority are rented.
You were very clear about the type of environment where you wanted to find a rental. But nevertheless, I'll mention that should you decide to live closer to work, there should be a lot of options in a range of prices open to you in the Kenwood area.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
There are several apartments for rent in Prospect Hill. It's an excellent downtown neighborhood and a very short walk to OTR, Pendleton, etc.

Historic Urban & Unique

WOW LOOK HERE!!!!!

TAKE LOOK HERE!!!!!

Go to Craigslist and filter out Prospect hill. Also, check out http://www.myurbanliving.com/rental.html

Let me know if you need an agent. I can refer you to two off the top of my head that work downtown.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM

123 posts, read 138,670 times
Prospect Hill is a good area of Cinci? It doesn't seem too far from where I was looking. How is parking and all that around there?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Prospect Hill is a good area of Cinci? It doesn't seem too far from where I was looking. How is parking and all that around there?
It's an excellent area. Very diverse neighborhood, safe, parking is reasonable, it's a real neighborhood as well with it's own neighborhood bar - Milton's. I live here and love it. It has a good mix of younger married couples, families, professionals, working types, etc.

Last edited by TomJones123; 05-11-2013 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
It's an excellent area. Very diverse neighborhood, safe, parking is reasonable, it's a real neighborhood as well with it's own neighborhood bar - Milton's. I live here and love it.
The fact you live there should have an influnce. Always good when respondents receive information from first-hand participants.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
The fact you live there should have an influnce. Always good when respondents receive information from first-hand participants.
Thanks. I moved here recently from CUF. Mainly for my family. My son has more room to play and two kids his age right next door. They are here or he is there often.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM

123 posts, read 138,670 times
I'd rather be around mid-twenty to mid-thirty single, professionals. I'd rather not disturb a family strolling into my apartment late at night. That's another reason why I think the OTR and CBD are probably ideal. My HR manager told me today that she actually used to work for our company in the Cincy location and that downtown has some bad parts, is there any truth to this?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
I'd rather be around mid-twenty to mid-thirty single, professionals. I'd rather not disturb a family strolling into my apartment late at night. That's another reason why I think the OTR and CBD are probably ideal. My HR manager told me today that she actually used to work for our company in the Cincy location and that downtown has some bad parts, is there any truth to this?
I don't know of any larger city which does not have some bad parts. The CBD is certainly safe enough, the large companies located there see to that. OTR has gone through a tremendous transformation the past several years, from very rough to one of the choice locations in town. Others have given you good advice, stay away from west of Central Parkway (the west end) and north of Liberty in OTR (improving but not there yet).

Ask your HR manager what time frame her experiences downtown were. Much of downtown and specifically OTR has been going through a significant revival which seems to be changing monthly.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 AM

25 posts, read 35,392 times
Quote:
Yes, there is a lot of truth to that. This forum has drank a lot of the OTR kool aid. While OTR/downtown have come a long ways (I'm a downtown resident) you are never going to feel truly safe in those areas. Remember it wasn't that long ago that there were serious race riots that started in OTR (in the 2000s). Many if not all of these individuals are still in OTR and they are even more ticked that every 50-60y/o yuppie raves about how cool OTR has become and displaced generations of low income AAs that called OTR home. Add in the fact there are numerous grandfathered homeless shelters makes the area very sketchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati