Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 PM

465 posts, read 659,360 times

Advertisements

When we first moved here while waiting to close on a house, we wound up living at a place like this for a few weeks near the Tri-County mall. There were large roaches that would crawl across the light fixture and at least one major drug bust while we were there. It made us a bit more motivated as buyers and we probably overpaid on our house to close quickly just because of that. The trouble with affordable temporary housing is that the underground economy has also found out that it's affordable.

Having said that, try the Rest Inn on Central Parkway. It's about 28 minutes from the hospital with a short walk up part of a hill to the bus stop (for the 51) on Ludlow. It's also had its problems of the prostitution variety but they've mostly dissipated in this neighborhood since the city put in traffic barriers. It does get pretty good reviews on tripadvisor and you're close enough to the Clifton gaslight district and Northside to have some things to do at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:26 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBeltOptimist View Post
When we first moved here while waiting to close on a house, we wound up living at a place like this for a few weeks near the Tri-County mall. There were large roaches that would crawl across the light fixture and at least one major drug bust while we were there. It made us a bit more motivated as buyers and we probably overpaid on our house to close quickly just because of that. The trouble with affordable temporary housing is that the underground economy has also found out that it's affordable.

Having said that, try the Rest Inn on Central Parkway. It's about 28 minutes from the hospital with a short walk up part of a hill to the bus stop (for the 51) on Ludlow. It's also had its problems of the prostitution variety and they've mostly dissipated in this neighborhood since the city put in traffic barriers. It does get pretty good reviews on tripadvisor and you're close enough to the Clifton gaslight district and Northside to have some things to do at night.
I dont believe that hotel is still standing. They tore the one down behind White Castle.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:27 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,813,452 times
Take a look back at the Days Inn on Ridge Rd. They do offer extended stay rates but you have to apply for them. They want to know details about the room - do you require a kitchenette, such things as that. They do have an outdoor pool which I would think you could use this time of years. Rather than online I would give them a call, indicate the days of your stay, and request they quote you a rate.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 PM

465 posts, read 659,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I dont believe that hotel is still standing. They tore the one down behind White Castle.
This is the one by Frisch's up the road a little from the White Castle. They turned the other one into a Talbot House rehab facility.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 PM

20 posts, read 34,779 times
So far it's a no go on everything except in town suites. Neither Days Inn nor Rest Inn are available. Rest Inn is available, but not at the weekly rates apparently. So with the daily price it would be about $1500. I've checked every hotel I can find in Cincinnati near the bus routes. So it looks like I'll have to deal with whatever comes with it, unless I luck out before I go.

I've browsed around the neighborhoods surrounding In Town Suites on Google street view a bit and they don't look to be especially run-down. The main stretch on Colerain looks a bit shabby I guess, but nothing like what I've seen throughout Detroit. Of course, as mentioned above, these low priced living quarters will inevitably draw some questionable visitors.

Thanks again for everyone's input and suggestions.

Last edited by newtocincinnati; 06-13-2014 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-14-2014, 12:17 PM

OP ...

There is no reason you should be scared by Paradise Gardens. Shocked maybe, but not scared. They have been there for eons and you virtually never hear of any trouble there.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:55 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,026,916 times
Good advice, kj, but posted on the wrong thread. However, Paradise Gardens' liberal dress code plus all its natural amenities just might appeal to this OP after all.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Good advice, kj, but posted on the wrong thread. (However, Paradise Gardens' liberal dress code combined with its natural amenities just might appeal to this OP after all.)
No, not posted on the wrong thread. The OP posted on the thread referencing Paradise Gardens she would be scared to death inquiring at Paradise Gardens. I was simply responding to her on this thread as I knew she would monitor it. I am sure she knows why I did that.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:13 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,026,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
No, not posted on the wrong thread. The OP posted on the thread referencing Paradise Gardens she would be scared to death inquiring at Paradise Gardens. I was simply responding to her on this thread as I knew she would monitor it. I am sure she knows why I did that.
Good thinking there, kj... Nothing like "cross-threading" the threads to capture people's attention...

Old 06-14-2014, 01:33 PM

20 posts, read 34,779 times
You're right, I'm monitoring this thread to keep up with any additional advice that may come.

I wouldn't actually be scared to death by the liberal dress code. I'm sure they approach visitors with plenty of respect and professionalism. Nonetheless, it could be quite a shock.

The name "Paradise Gardens" is pretty appealing though.

I'm a man though, btw. Not that it matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: