Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 11:37 AM

61 posts, read 46,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blickcd View Post
I'll admit that my wife and I are eccentric, possibly weird, though in a fun safe way. We're cool with it.

The Internet, email, and text messages, have really destroyed the social skills of the younger generation.
I wish there were more people like you, and your wife in this miserable area. I completely agree the internet has ruined social skills as well.

Unfortunately, my entire family lives in this area of Ohio(with the exception of some cousins/aunts), and I'm too close to my family to move.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
What if they are wrong. Its your problem. The key to relationships is for the person you're interested in to actually be right. You don't have to believe it, you just have to convey it. There's plenty of time down the line for rights and wrongs to correct themselves.
I know it's my problem, and at this point, I believe it's because of this absolute pathetic area of Ohio-Or maybe the state in general.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:39 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManLivinginOhio View Post
I'm happier when I travel, but I also think it was because in Denver, I was on a Future Educators Association(FEA) trip with my teacher, and classmates, and in the Hyatt hotel we stayed in, every other school(from all over the country) was in the same boat. We were all seniors in high school at the time.

I love Kentucky, but I mainly visit the border of Kentucky, which isn't much different from Ohio. I have family living in eastern Kentucky, and I love it every time I go out there. I have noticed the people are much friendlier there as well.

I've already tried online dating websites, and apps(as I mentioned in my original post), and that has failed as well. On Tinder alone, I've had a total of about 20 matches, and I've probably swiped right on over 5,000 different profiles in the two years I've been using it by now. Out of the 20(or so) matches I've had, almost all of them didn't respond to my messages. On the other dating websites, and apps, I've had no luck whatsoever.

I know Cincinnati is very conservative. I've been to Dayton a few times, and haven't had much luck, but I don't go there much. I haven't been to Columbus since 2010, and I've never been to Cleveland. However, my plan is to move away from this state in general.
It is a lot different in the Northern part of the state. Culturally, Kentucky is a lot closer to Southern Ohio, Cincinnati in particular.

But if you're already planning on leaving Ohio the situation will probably resolve itself.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
It is a lot different in the Northern part of the state. Culturally, Kentucky is a lot closer to Southern Ohio, Cincinnati in particular.

But if you're already planning on leaving Ohio the situation will probably resolve itself.
And the bigger problem is, since virtually all of my family lives here, I'll probably never move. I'm too close to my family to move.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I know it's my problem, and at this point, I believe it's because of this absolute pathetic area of Ohio-Or maybe the state in general.
By your own admission you don't know the state that well. But, if you don't want to be there it is what it is.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
By your own admission you don't know the state that well. But, if you don't want to be there it is what it is.
I know the Cincinnati Metro Area like the back of my hand, since I've been here my entire life. I actually know it so well, it makes me bored.

I know the Dayton Metro Area fairly well, but not as well as the Cincinnati area.

When I was in college, I loved schooling students who weren't familiar with this area. They were Cincinnati amateurs for sure.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:20 PM

11 posts, read 15,878 times
Quote:
I'm 27 years old, and I've still never dated, had a girlfriend, or been intimate with a woman. I blame my entire situation on this Cincinnati Metro Area at this point.

I've been trying to get with girls since I was a 13 year old teenager, and no matter what, it has failed. I've been involved with sports, clubs, hobbies, and still no luck. I was a high schooler like everyone else, I went to Miami University(Oxford, Ohio), still no luck. I've gone to public places, and approached women, and still no luck. I know my age group(20-29) has the pickiest women(since adult men lust after this group the most), but I feel like I should have scored with a girl by now. I'm not picky, I'm in good shape(I'm a gym-rat), I'm confident, funny, and an ideal match, yet still no luck. I've even tried online dating websites, and apps, and I've still had no luck. The common denominator is one thing: THIS AREA.

I've lived in the city of Hamilton my entire life, and it doesn't get much better when I venture around the Hamilton counties, or even northern Kentucky. My conclusion is this entire southwestern area around the city of Cincinnati is full of the pickiest, and most stubborn women in the country.

Whenever I go on vacation(I've been to southern Louisville, Kentucky, Denver, Colorado, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, all over the state of Florida, and all over Indiana), and the people in those states are friendlier, and much more open. On top of that, I actually receive attention from women. Even the people in the outer cities/towns(away from the tourist) area seem to be more welcoming.

So, my question is, can anyone else confirm that Cincinnati is a terrible place for dating, and there are other areas which are better? Where can I move to that makes this aspect of my life better?
I don't live in Cinci, but I live in Cleveland, and the dating scene is similar here if not worse. I'm 22 and I have been in a relationship or 2 but I do think that it may be the place and not you. One of my ex best friends was an amazing person who always had terrible luck with relationships. Granted, he had his issues like everyone else but as soon as he moved to PA, he found someone and they've been together for years and they're engaged. I have a lot of friends in their late 20s who have similar dating issues just like you and I've always said maybe its just the people here. I also think that a majority of our generation is far more interested in hooking up vs being in long-term relationships. Even though we claim to want to want to be in relationships all the time. In some of the Ohio cities and towns, I also notice most people tend to only date people in their own social circles which probably makes it harder for outsiders to mingle or get to know some of the single people. Maybe you should start travelling and see where that takes you, not just relationship wise but just for your own personal experience.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I know the Cincinnati Metro Area like the back of my hand, since I've been here my entire life. I actually know it so well, it makes me bored.

I know the Dayton Metro Area fairly well, but not as well as the Cincinnati area.

When I was in college, I loved schooling students who weren't familiar with this area. They were Cincinnati amateurs for sure.
There's so much more out there than Southern Ohio. Try to branch off and explore the world. You won't regret it.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:46 PM

224 posts, read 376,664 times
ManLiving, good luck with your search. I agree with you about Eastern Tennessee. I lived north of Knoxville for two years and found people there generally very approachable. Plus, I really like the Smoky Mountains. You could do worse.

In my case I found my wife here in Cincinnati when I was a fairly recent 32 year old transplant, but I guess we all have different experiences. I am fairly unattractive and shy but I do a lot of volunteer work (the old St. John's Social Services, Ronald McDonald House, PWC, St. Aloysius Orphanage, Highland Nature Sanctuary and random others). What I found is that a fair number of unattached men and women volunteer, that IMO volunteers are more open and less supercilious than average, and that it is easy to make a connection when you are thrown together with others doing good. I was not volunteering in order to meet women, but it was impossible not to. Food for thought.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:32 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
I knew this post sounded familiar:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post46060745

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...ati-metro.html

No matter how many usernames you make, the responses will always be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati