Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:12 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I know about the "where there's a will - there's a way" quote, but it ain't happening without the city's blessing, that's just the law.
I agree that it would be a battle, but it depends on how much the community wants it and what they are willing to go through to get there. Just because the City would say no, it can still be fought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Hartwell is a toilet. If they could be persuaded to exit the city, the average IQ and income in the city would skyrocket and the crime rate would drop. Other than that, I'm sure its a real nice place to dump a stolen car or some worn out tires.
Wilson you attitude is a toilet. You get on here try to moderate these posts and also tell me not to reply to any of your posts because you dont like my opinion. If attacking the neighborhood I live in makes you feel better, go ahead, but you're just making yourself look foolish. And again, dont assume you know my neighborhood. If you knew anything about stats, Hartwells do not reflect anything you posted. College education, crime stats, income, housing values...do your homework before making a comment like that. Just because you live on a hill and look down on most neighborhoods doesnt mean your the king of the mountain.
Amazing how we went from a thread about westwood to wilson attacking Hartwell---

Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 AM

710 posts, read 3,046,440 times
Hartwell Girl, what is the Zip Code in Hartwell, is it 45211?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 4520832257 View Post
In fact, if the govt ever fixes (or eliminates) Section 8, the results for the Westside will probably be even worse! It could be a net tax gain for Cincy to lose these places.
No doubt about that. Problem with places like Westwood and Hartwell (yuck!), is that the populations are weighted toward older persons on pensions and social security which is not taxed. The rest of the inhabitants of these places pay little or no taxes. So where do they get any money to run the prostitutes off the street and round up the miscreants?

Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Dont assume anything about my neighborhood Wilson--you're wrong as usual.
Did you want to start something? Seems like you did to me. I repeat, Hartwell is a toilet. Persons who live there by choice need counseling and sympathy, not conflict. The smell in Hartwell is like being in some coal or steel town in West Virginia. All of the pollution settles into the valley and creates a stench. I turn my a/c on recirculate whenever I drive through the area.

If Hartwell wants to leave the City, I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited by Wilson513; 06-16-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 AM

Did I want to start something? NO. I dont log on here to get frustrated. I simply commented on a post...you on the other hand seem to get your jollies being disrespectful on many levels.

Here is a suggestion: How about you come to a Hartwell council meeting and repeat your opinion of Hartwell. I am sure there are some "older persons" who would like to tell you what they think of your comments or others who have worked very hard to make a postitive impact to this neighborhood who would not like your comments very much either, myself being one of them.

I have reported you to the moderator and hope your account will be deleted-because your rudeness and personal attacks have pushed me beyond my personal frustration level. I dont like to debate like this but you seem to have a bone to pick with me AND Hartwell. Move on please.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Did I want to start something? NO. I dont log on here to get frustrated. I simply commented on a post...you on the other hand seem to get your jollies being disrespectful on many levels.

Here is a suggestion: How about you come to a Hartwell council meeting and repeat your opinion of Hartwell. I am sure there are some "older persons" who would like to tell you what they think of your comments or others who have worked very hard to make a postitive impact to this neighborhood who would not like your comments very much either, myself being one of them.

I have reported you to the moderator and hope your account will be deleted-because your rudeness and personal attacks have pushed me beyond my personal frustration level. I dont like to debate like this but you seem to have a bone to pick with me AND Hartwell. Move on please.
It is regrettable that you have chosen to personalize this dispute, which seems to be your default mode. I've reported you too. PS, did you notice that I edited my original comment to make it more accurate? I don't think the average IQ of Cincinnati would skyrocket without counting Hartwell, just modestly increase. Did I get credit for that?

Last edited by Wilson513; 06-16-2009 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Point out my more accurate original post.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 AM

How about I move on...I'm much better than this, and you.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Just because the City would say no, it can still be fought.
But Ohio law is on Cincinnati's side. I can't see the state agreeing to any kind of secession, which would only exacerbate the issue of multiple municipal corporations in Hamilton County.

Not to mention that Westwood may have a hard time supporting itself.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
But Ohio law is on Cincinnati's side. I can't see the state agreeing to any kind of secession, which would only exacerbate the issue of multiple municipal corporations in Hamilton County.

Not to mention that Westwood may have a hard time supporting itself.
I am not implying I know everything about this issue but I have spoken with a lot of people about it and how objections can be fought. It would be a long battle and those who want it would have to dedicate themselves to the fight. But I am a strong believer from past experieces that there are other options when someone says No, or you cant do that. You get the state involved as a neutral party and they can decide what is in the best interest of that neighborhood. There are always ways around road blocks. Of course the City wouldnt want to loose a neighborhood but just because they object doesnt mean it couldn't happen. I guess after living in the City I have found out that there are things you have to fight for and sometimes those fights are worth fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati