Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times

Advertisements

Three more shootings tonight in Avondale. Add that to the list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:31 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsman View Post
hey hartwell girl hows fantasy land going... oh were downtown when this mother Bridget Smith
"I wonder now every day. I have two more sons left. Are they going to be gone? Will I get that call? Will they be missing?" 8 people dead OTR southfair mount and other places, beanyhead
do you also live in fantasy land with hartwell girl and the rest poeple leave fantasy land join the real world
If you look closely at the words northwoodsman types - deep down he's looking for security in deciding to in Colerain (or wherever that may be) versus the city. There is no other reason for the infatuation we see here.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
I expected to get lambasted for my position on gun control, as I did. I am still waiting for alternatives on how to solve the problem.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:00 AM

682 posts, read 1,629,534 times
The FACTS are OTR is improving. The FACTS are there is still a crime problem. The REALITY IS 10 years from now when OTR has a lot more restored houses, more people living there, the people on this board who routinely trash it, and other Urban neighborhoods will grudgingly have to admit that things are better.

People who Choose to live and restore in Urban neighborhoods know what they are getting into. Anyone who lives in an urban neighborhod is not looking for suburbias approval. They are trying to make a difference and turn around their area and make it better.

Those who have never lived in an urban neighborhood, never visited an urban neighborhood, frankly, have no right to criticize that neighborhood. I grew up in the burbs I've lived in Urban neighborhoods for the last 30 years in several cities. Suburbia is not where I want to be but I do not trash the choice of others to live there.

The facts are if you look at other major cities (remember Cincinnati is about 10 years behind most other cities) Drugs, Gangs, Crime and prostitution have begun settling in suburbia. Urban neighborhoods in many other cities are safer places to live than suburbia. In many cities you are far more likely to find a meth lab on a cul de sac in suburbia than in an urban neighborhood downtown.

As the remaining 'criminal element' is OTR is slowly moved out, things will, and are, getting better. Although not "politically correct' to say so, if the Drug Dealers, prositutes, thugs, and gang bangers want to kill each other off it is only improving the quality of life for the rest of us.

But I fail to see the point of these recurring threads about OTR.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM

45 posts, read 94,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
If you look closely at the words northwoodsman types - deep down he's looking for security in deciding to in Colerain (or wherever that may be) versus the city. There is no other reason for the infatuation we see here.
I think he might be a little sweet on heartwell girl.

As far as the liberal gun grabbing goes. That's just BS.
As a combat Vet and a Concealed Carry Holder I think you know where I stand on banning guns. As one poster said it's about our right to rebel. Unfortunately, we don't have tanks, aircraft etc.
So please keep goose stepping..makes it easier to pick you out in a crowd.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:04 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
As the remaining 'criminal element' is OTR is slowly moved out, things will, and are, getting better. Although not "politically correct' to say so, if the Drug Dealers, prositutes, thugs, and gang bangers want to kill each other off it is only improving the quality of life for the rest of us.

But I fail to see the point of these recurring threads about OTR.
Perhaps it has something to do with the Bad Press OTR keeps giving Cincy? As I get it you are in favor of natural selection, let the undesirables kill each other off, while other fore-thinking people move in and change the total character of the neighborhood? I prefer to believe the law-abiding, raise our families, peaceful seqment of the current population deserves something better than this.

I am for the restoration and rejuvenation of neighborhoods. But if the result is simply the displacement of problems to other areas of the city (or suburbs), I fail to see how much as been gained.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsman View Post
hey hartwell girl hows fantasy land going... oh were downtown when this mother Bridget Smith
"I wonder now every day. I have two more sons left. Are they going to be gone? Will I get that call? Will they be missing?" 8 people dead OTR southfair mount and other places, beanyhead
do you also live in fantasy land with hartwell girl and the rest poeple leave fantasy land join the real world
Classy guy you are northwoodsman and you also attack Cincinnati every chance you get --I can defend the City I am proud to call home without living in a fantasy land but more importantly, without being afraid of your words or some wanna be thug. I dont use, buy or sell drugs or anything else illegal that would put me in harms way. I dont hang out in bars till closing time. I keep track of my child because he is my responsibility to raise. You talk about Cincinnati like its a crap bag and that pisses me off. There are GOOD hardworking people who bust their butts everyday to raise their families in this City and you choose to focus on negativity. If your so proud of your neighborhood then promote it on here and make that your focus--MOST IMPORTANTLY: stop worrying about how fast you can get to the computer everytime you watch something negative on the news about Cincinnati.

BTW, I am a VERY NICE person, you just happened to really tick me off with your repeat attacks. Maybe you could find something more productive to do and save us BOTH the negativity in our lives...

Old 04-08-2010, 01:35 PM

10 posts, read 54,036 times
OTR certainly may be getting better. I am not there as much as I used to. We used to go there every weekend, it just got too dangerous. We had a car broken into, but nothing violent. It is just that there are too many other options that aren't what we would consider dangerous. Looking forward to the day when OTR is the place to be.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:19 PM

8 posts, read 13,831 times
The key is...getting more people into the central city area. Reliable transit, Saftey (Police), good schools and basic amenities are REQUIRED for this to happen.[/quote]

I think they are working on this...at least the good school part is ready to go!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:32 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Kentucky is what's dangerous! 115 lives taken so far since 01/01/2010 on its roads. BEWARE: KY drivers WILL kill you.
I wasn't going to get into a Ky. vs. Ohio thing, but I have never seen so many drivers in the left lane as drivers with Ohio tags on the interstates and freeways, and I've travelled to 49 of the 50 states and 10 foreign countries, and even Oregon and other west coast drivers are not as bad for driving in left passing lane as Ohio ones. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati