Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:57 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times

Advertisements

Uhm Pictures?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,918,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Uhm Pictures?
Check again

Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Thanks..

I don't know a lot about Tucson. I drive past it on my way to Vegas or Phoenix. Stop there a couple times to get a bite to eat, and gas up.. other than that don't know much about the city. I know there is a Mountain named after my family there.. and I know a friend of mine family moved there 10 years ago, and love it more than they did El Paso.. said it was more advanced, and not behind the times.. but that was 9 years ago they told me that. Most of my travel has been East this last couple years... cause who doesn't like driving clear across Texas. =)

Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM

884 posts, read 1,034,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
I thought It would be cool to compare Aerial pictures. All of these are taken using Google Earth at 35 Miles above the Earth. I am not sure how updated these satelite pictures are.
El Paso:
http://i41.phtobucket.com/albums/e264/kunzsport/el-paso.jpg (broken link)

Albuquerque:
http://i41.phtobucket.com/albums/e264/kunzsport/ABQ.jpg (broken link)

Tucson:
http://i41.phtobucket.com/albums/e264/kunzsport/Tucson.jpg (broken link)
How is the metro on the Mexican side of the border? Are there jobs? Is it trashy...ect.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:43 PM

421 posts, read 2,156,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
How is the metro on the Mexican side of the border? Are there jobs? Is it trashy...ect.
Depends where you're at. There are some really nice areas and some really bad areas. I've seen clubs/restaurants that would rival stuff in vegas. I've also seen the true ghetto that reminds you you're in a 3rd world country. There is a high amount of poverty.. However, Juarez has really made a name for itself lately. The maquila industry is booming there. Lots of good paying jobs (for mexico). The el paso/juarez metro has one of the biggest manufacturing clusters in north america.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM

639 posts, read 1,044,023 times
This thread is perhaps the best thread on the whole forum, but the people of El Paso and Albuquerque really love thier cities, I once had a best freind from Albuquerque while in the military, when I got out of the service I invited my best freind to come with me to El Paso and I took him around town and showed him the sights.

I took him to this night club called the Red Barron on Trowbridge and Paisano, he had the time of his life there, he said it was just like being over seas, the next day I took him up to Scenic Drive and he was startled with the scenery and then I told him.

Down there below you see most of El Paso and all of Juarez and between those two cities there are more people living between them two cities than there is people living in the whole state of New Mexico.

Till this very day those stats still hold to be true.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
but the people of El Paso and Albuquerque really love thier cities.
This is so true. Many of my friends have left ABQ for bigger and better opportunities in Houston, L.A., Phoenix, Denver, and Seattle. But they all still miss their hometown, and they are all extremely proud to call ABQ home. I too almost left for Austin, but I have no regrets staying here whether it's for a few more years or the rest of my life. I love this great city, and I have seen it transcend into a great mid-major city. What's even better is I only see it getting better, which makes it even more exciting to live here. I'm sure El Pasoans can relate. I've been to your city far too many times to count, but many of my trips were to enjoy the great games between the Lobos and Miners in Don Haskins Center. To this day I wish UNM, NMSU, and UTEP were in the same conference. El Paso too continues to get better and better.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:16 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,607,237 times
finmqa1: are you coming down on 1/2/08 for the utep- lobo game i think it's here and i agree with you i wish they were all in the same conference

Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,441 times
We are planning on it, plus I want to play Butterfield Trail Golf Course too. I was supposed to go down in September but I didn't make it.

I remember one year we were down there for the WAC Tournament and our car broke down. We ran into then Lobo coach Gary Colson at the Embassy Suites and he gave us one of his rental cars so we didn't miss the game. I was only 11 or so at the time, my parents were amazed.

Is the Sun Bowl sold out yet, that would be worth the trek down as well.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times
dont you guys have the albuquerque bowl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City