Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 43 33.59%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 19 14.84%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 44 34.38%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 22 17.19%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:48 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i'm done here.

Where do you think all of the NY studio gangsters got their schtick from? Why is 50 using increasingly southern sounding beats? Keep the rose colored glasses on if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
although this is a east vs west thread
midwest(currently) >>>>

chicago(and surrounding) up and coming artists
freddie gibbs-gary ind.

YouTube - Freddie Gibbs "The Ghetto" OFFICIAL HQ UNCENSORED Music Video

l.e.p.-s.side/ickeys homes

YouTube - L.E.P. Bogus Boys - Ginger

Ace Mac - logan square humboldt park

YouTube - Ace Mac- Somebody Gotta Die*NEW*

Paypa - chicago/west side

YouTube - Paypa - I Believe

and many many more but back to topic

I don't get all the hype for Freddie Gibbs... he's the definition of an average rapper. And I got family out in Gary... I've been in most of the places in his videos. IMO he's just average.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,697,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Where do you think all of the NY studio gangsters got their schtick from? Why is 50 using increasingly southern sounding beats? Keep the rose colored glasses on if you like.
50 cent using southern sounding beats? I have not heard of any beats that he used that sounds from the south.

eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
Quote:
Where do you think all of the NY studio gangsters got their schtick from?
raekwon, rakim, big daddy kane, biggie are pretty much the blueprint for ny hop hop. the majority got their "shtick" from one of these ppl.

Quote:
Why is 50 using increasingly southern sounding beats? Keep the rose colored glasses on if you like.
50 is done musically and grasping at straws to find out what will work for him to get back in the game.

as is jeezy. as are a lot of ppl right now. the game is garbage as far as variety, sales, spins, etc.

d/l has killed hip hop.

labels aren't taking chances on cult followings on the internet which is why mad records get pushed back, but thats a different topic.

what other highly successful EC artist do you want to single out tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
50 cent using southern sounding beats? I have not heard of any beats that he used that sounds from the south.
me neither but i'll let him have that. lets see where this goes. i have every g unit radio mixtape and every album he came out with in my ipod...

i do concede the point that 50 has tried to sound southern to IMO sell...but you can tell its fake. on his mixtapes and when he speaks to yayo/banks/etc. he switches that fake accent off completely.

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
Quote:
I don't get all the hype for Freddie Gibbs... he's the definition of an average rapper. And I got family out in Gary... I've been in most of the places in his videos. IMO he's just average.
.....freddie gibbs > most emcee's

who do you have in mind thats better than him cuz mr. gibbs go hard .

YouTube - Yourstru.ly Presents: Freddie Gibbs "Murda On My Mind"

YouTube - Freddie Gibbs - The Neverending Cycle

Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times

YouTube - 50 Cent - Damn

Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
yeah that's what sucks about it. THEY'RE FROM NEW YORK THEREFORE THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT, OH NO, I FORGOT. I almost never hear west coast people hating on east coast rap, but i always hear the opposite...hell i grew up listening to east coast stuff as well as west coast stuff. Some New Yorkers just can't handle being on even ground with these other "lowly" cities i guess.

Hopefully at least one of them will eventually have an opening in their abnormally dense skull though, and then they'll actually see that we're not some retarded tone-deaf squares from the 5th dimension. We just like good music. East coast and west coast are good, but for some of us, west is even better. Just like for some of us the east is even better. Some even only like rap from one region, fine, that's their opinion. Why some people have to take it farther and then make claims that an entire region's rap sucks just because THEY said so though, i don't know.

I mean srsly... what do they want to hear? Maybe I should start only posting bay area backpack rap since its apparently geared towards their sensibilities...

That's some dope ass RIZZEAL hip hop right there! rofl

Old 08-30-2010, 05:06 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,697,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

me neither but i'll let him have that. lets see where this goes. i have every g unit radio mixtape and every album he came out with in my ipod...

i do concede the point that 50 has tried to sound southern to IMO sell...but you can tell its fake. on his mixtapes and when he speaks to yayo/banks/etc. he switches that fake accent off completely.
I think that he should back his statement up, because I really follow Hip Hop as well, especially Hip Hop from NY. So I am confident in myself that he does not raps with southern beats. If he does it might be the DJ's that put the southern beat for his music..

Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post

Are we listening to the same 50? I got that Power of The Dollar EP on vinyl and heard just about everything from him up until Forever King.

^That aint a typical NY drum pattern...

There's other examples but I aint gonna bother.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
.....freddie gibbs > most emcee's

who do you have in mind thats better than him cuz mr. gibbs go hard .

YouTube - Yourstru.ly Presents: Freddie Gibbs "Murda On My Mind"

YouTube - Freddie Gibbs - The Neverending Cycle

I can think of quite I few I'd take over him.

J Da Vinci would be one.

J Da Vinci - Concrete Jungle Juice

J Da Vinci - Ben

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City