Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM

86 posts, read 259,057 times

Advertisements

Both are ok in the winter,both suck during the summer.Both have gangs,florida has cubans that wont speak english,az has mexicans that dont want to speak english.az is to close to LA,phoenix is one shopping center after anouther devided by houses.I would say your quality of life depends on how much money you have.az is kinda of brown and dead looking except where people water things.I would stay in florida in the winter and find a cooler place to live in the summer if i had the money.the snowbirds have it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:14 PM

614 posts, read 1,764,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron17571 View Post
Both are ok in the winter,both suck during the summer.Both have gangs,florida has cubans that wont speak english,az has mexicans that dont want to speak english.az is to close to LA,phoenix is one shopping center after anouther devided by houses.I would say your quality of life depends on how much money you have.az is kinda of brown and dead looking except where people water things.I would stay in florida in the winter and find a cooler place to live in the summer if i had the money.the snowbirds have it right.
Oh my another one. Did you know Arizona is not all desert??

Old 08-17-2010, 08:33 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
Yea it is...

Most of AZ is either desert or grassland. You need to go far far east AZ to see a lot of water.

We are on the borderline really. AZ has family, 3 generations worth, 3 different kinds of landscapes, things are affordable sort of... We seem to have a serial killer and rape problem in this state... There are also too many Mormons, and a lack of giving a damn from employers. Last but not least gay tolerance. But that comes with the whole Mormon thing. There is much available when it comes to education. Language schools, science schools for kids, museums and such. I came from a smaller city with a better skyline and there wasn't that much available.

Last complaint. Way too many Mexican places. Berts this, pablo that, how about some change? Like south Mexican places that serve chocolate drink, or Ecuadorian places.

FL has ocean, really only one kind of landscape. Water and water with mushy grass water with reptiles. I hear utilities and taxes are more out there. Cost of housing isn't bad. Lots of choices when it comes to food, depending on the area, and cuban food, and drink. There is lots of scuba diving places, unlike CA. You can see kelp forests and... sea otters... and more kelp...Unsure on employers.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Yea it is...

Most of AZ is either desert or grassland. You need to go far far east AZ to see a lot of water.
Is it really??

Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,103 times
Some mountains with trees, too.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Yeh ik i was being sarcastic. Arizona is covered with a lot of that actually.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
If you can find natural flowing water. Yes, there are trees. If they aren't burned by some moron that is...

Old 08-18-2010, 08:10 AM

204 posts, read 628,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
Oh my another one what? All I read was the poster comparing the similarities and the differences.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
I don't think people even realize that AZ has the largest Ponderosa pine forest on the entire continent. I don't remember how many acres but it's impressive. I tried to Google a number but didn't find one, really. Throw in the Aspen, Oak and other varieties...yep, AZ has trees! And plenty of mountains, rivers and lakes.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM

204 posts, read 628,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I don't think people even realize that AZ has the largest Ponderosa pine forest on the entire continent. I don't remember how many acres but it's impressive. I tried to Google a number but didn't find one, really. Throw in the Aspen, Oak and other varieties...yep, AZ has trees! And plenty of mountains, rivers and lakes.
On our way into AZ we drove through Coconino and I have to say the area was breathtaking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City