Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Baltimore and DC.

Most people think DC is heaven and Baltimore is just dirty.
Then most people are half-right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 08:10 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Baltimore and DC.

Most people think DC is heaven and Baltimore is just dirty. Baltimore is far more charming and the people are kinder. the setting of Baltimore is better than DC. DC is more important and the metro of DC provides more jobs than Baltimore's metro. DC has better public transport and is less rough around the edges. Baltimore has more character. DC has amazing monumental and powerful architecture. Baltimore has cooler residential architecture. Baltimore is more working class (but changing ) and DC has been white collar for a long time.
I have been to Baltimore, some parts are pretty bad.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I have been to Baltimore, some parts are pretty bad.
Um...Okay? I could say some things about Dallas that would be less than positive if you really wanted...I just really dont see the point of your post. Rather rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Then most people are half-right.
Do they really think DC is heaven? Guess so, according to you

Seriously though, no need to be rude. I don't quite understand why now three people feel compelled to comment on the city in negative light for no reason at all. This isn't a "what do you think about [insert city] thread"

Old 12-17-2010, 09:59 AM

139 posts, read 239,425 times
Just to heat up stuff between B-more and our nations capital, I visited D.C. 2 times in one year. Loved it, but it the people weren't too friendly, and you can't drive around to see the attractions, but in B-more, I saw FIVE HOMELESS PEOPLE IN ONE VISIT, one just around the back of the Radisson Hotel, the one I stayed at, AND The Aquarium was EXTREMELY expensive. THIRTY FREAKIN' DOLLARS FOR ONE PERSON!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:35 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Um...Okay? I could say some things about Dallas that would be less than positive if you really wanted...I just really dont see the point of your post. Rather rude.

Do they really think DC is heaven? Guess so, according to you

Seriously though, no need to be rude. I don't quite understand why now three people feel compelled to comment on the city in negative light for no reason at all. This isn't a "what do you think about [insert city] thread"
If you said something about Dallas, I really wouldn't care......

Old 12-17-2010, 03:40 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Annapolis as Baltimore's competitor? No way! Its definitely DC.

Annapolis can be compared with Frederick most closely imo, both towns of less than 100,000.
Have you been to Annapolis on a weekend? It has a downtown so active that many cities many times its size would love to see in their downtown.

I'm not saying it's up there with Baltimore. But Annapolis has one of the best downtowns there is IMO. Hardly compares to sleepy suburban Frederick.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:05 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Have you been to Annapolis on a weekend? It has a downtown so active that many cities many times its size would love to see in their downtown.

I'm not saying it's up there with Baltimore. But Annapolis has one of the best downtowns there is IMO. Hardly compares to sleepy suburban Frederick.
No need to spread your ignorance about a town such as Frederick. Frederick, a town founded in 1745, has a core comparable with Annapolis. Frederick has for a very long time been the second largest city to Baltimore, only recently surpassed by DC suburbs. Annapolis is more sprawly than Frederick is. Frederick is not a very sleepy city on the weekends at all. With its dense and historic core and surrounding sprawl, Annapolis is the exact same, with the acceptation of more sprawl. Frederick in my mind has a great downtown, a was recently ranked as one of americas nicest neighborhoods.

And even if you don't believe Frederick and Annapolis are comparable, which they completely are, Annapolis certainly does not compare with Baltimore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
If you said something about Dallas, I really wouldn't care......
Wasn't quite the point, hon. I was saying you were being rather rude.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:25 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Baltimore competes with DC ....not vice versa
DC competes in Baltimore... Baltimore doesnt think about DC like they think about us...just sayin.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I don't really see either one competing with the other since they are different kinds of cities, but if so, it's usually the smaller that seeks to the compete with the larger. I seriously doubt DC sees itself competing with Baltimore on any level (outside of sports).
Trust me, Baltimore isnt thinkin about DC the way think they think about us..nobody mentions DC around here. Definitely see more DC people mentioning bmore tho.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

I went to downtown annapolis on a weekend it was pretty busy, i was surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City