Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Dallas a regional, national, or global center for fashion?
Dallas is a regional center for fashion 76 46.06%
Dallas is a national center for fashion 31 18.79%
Dallas is a global center for fashion 10 6.06%
None of the above 48 29.09%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Apparently Mexicans disagree with you considering Houston is more of a shopping destination for them than Dallas. Better shopping = Fashion center??? I guess; only on city data.
Its funny how they think Dallas gets more shoppers than Houston. LMAO, they may con more chumps into spending $800 for a pair of crappy pants but Dallas does not speak for the South central US. Maybe North Texas and OKC

Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
-How can NM be the first clothing store when the founders on NM went to surprise surprise a CLOTHING STORE in NY to buy the original merchandise offered for resale in DAllas.
Too funny. CLothing stores have been around for a lot longer than NM. and no, before NM you didn't have to resort to making your own clothes or have a tailor make one for you. There have been clothing stores in the US before Dallas itself was even founded.
They said NM was the first ready-to-wear department store in the country.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:53 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,658 times
Quote:
There are sooo many things wrong about the above quote that I don't even know where to begin.

The most glaring ones are:

-How can NM be the first clothing store when the founders on NM went to surprise surprise a CLOTHING STORE in NY to buy the original merchandise offered for resale in DAllas.
Too funny. CLothing stores have been around for a lot longer than NM. and no, before NM you didn't have to resort to making your own clothes or have a tailor make one for you. There have been clothing stores in the US before Dallas itself was even founded.

-since when does things from Waco end up being a Dallas thing.
Pretty soon you guys will be one upping ATL by claiming you guys invented Dr Pepper and Big Red
Quote:
Its funny how they think Dallas gets more shoppers than Houston. LMAO, they may con more chumps into spending $800 for a pair of crappy pants but Dallas does not speak for the South central US. Maybe North Texas and OKC
Someone's feelings seem hurt.

You're just too funny HTown.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:53 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
...but AlGreen doesn't know what he's talking about, though.
I thought it was funny he came back with Mexicans find Houston a better shopping center than Dallas.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 PM

Houston you are the weakest link Goodbye !!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:08 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I thought it was funny he came back with Mexicans find Houston a better shopping center than Dallas.
Because that's Texas biggest market. I doubt Europeans, Asians, Canadians and etc are flying out to Dallas to shop [same with Houston as well].

Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Because that's Texas biggest market. I doubt Europeans, Asians, Canadians and etc are flying out to Dallas to shop [same with Houston as well].
Who said they were? I think you are just looking at it way to deeply. Dallas high-end shopping is geared more towards its affluent residents. NYC, LA, (both bigger tourist destination) high-end shopping is more geared towards there affluent residents and tourist. Miami and Vegas high-end shopping is more geared towards tourists. I really don't see the problem with Dallas being the capital of its region for fashion.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
there are only 2. new york and la, with miami as seasonal...

and out of those, la and miami are secondary markets, nyc is the only primary in north america.

end of discussion

the fashion industry has nothing to do with shopping outlets or malls.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:46 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I guess DFW 26 billionaires and there familes shop at Ross or Target. Let the haters continue to hate. We are very comfortable in our skin in DFW. Lets go Mavs!!!!!
I predict a Heat comeback. We only gotta win 2 in a row at home.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
there are only 2. new york and la, with miami as seasonal...

and out of those, la and miami are secondary markets, nyc is the only primary in north america.

end of discussion

the fashion industry has nothing to do with shopping outlets or malls.
careful there, they might label you a hater. I said the exact same thing, and even gave the benefit of being a regional center but they didn't like being lumped in with ATL, Seattle, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City