Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,461 times

Advertisements

Is this thread serious?!?! Miami is MUCH better compared to Honolulu as far as skylines are concerned. They both have that highrise condo thing going. Chicago and NYC, now THAT is a good skyline comparison. Chicago has an even better skyline than NYC as far as I am concerned. It is the best combination of sheer power and beautiful water views easily.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,030 times
I get what you're saying, but Miami is more condo's while Chicago is more office. I think Chicago's would look a lot better at night (people don't usually sleep with lights on)

Old 06-11-2008, 12:08 AM

746 posts, read 3,727,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Is this thread serious?!?! Miami is MUCH better compared to Honolulu as far as skylines are concerned. They both have that highrise condo thing going. Chicago and NYC, now THAT is a good skyline comparison. Chicago has an even better skyline than NYC as far as I am concerned. It is the best combination of sheer power and beautiful water views easily.
Houston aint so bad either....how about the classic skyline view from the
Texas medical center, the park, and rice U? I mean, this is not bad at all.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 AM

422 posts, read 758,581 times
Houston's skyline is one of the few things I like about Texas.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scongress1234 View Post

That's the worst picture of Houston's skyline IMO! Miami's skyline is kinda similar to Uptown Houston in a weird way except a little more dense.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scongress1234 View Post

Its not bad, but its nothing to write home about either. For Houston's size, its downtown density is laughable. Also, this thread is about Miami and Chicago, not Houston. And with that being said, Miami's downtown has experienced exponential growth in the last 10 years, but so has Chicago. I still think Miami will never rival Chicago in terms of quantity, and absolutely not quantity.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:51 PM

229 posts, read 1,043,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its not bad, but its nothing to write home about either. For Houston's size, its downtown density is laughable. Also, this thread is about Miami and Chicago, not Houston. And with that being said, Miami's downtown has experienced exponential growth in the last 10 years, but so has Chicago. I still think Miami will never rival Chicago in terms of quantity, and absolutely not quantity.
I don't think the skyline of any American city could ever rival Chicago, and I actually prefer the Chicago skyline over the New York skyline. As far as comparing Miami to Chicago, I would have never started such a thread, but since somebody did, I contribute to it. I think the Miami skyline is shaping up to be a smaller version of the Chicago skyline with the linear spread of its skyline along the waterfront and skyscrapers along the Miami River.

You can't compare Miami to Honolulu which only has 5 buidlings over 400 feet tall ranging from 418 to 429 feet. The Miami skyline crushes that since it is now statistically 3rd behind New York and Chicago in the 400 feet tall and up height range.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM

You can't tell me that this doesn't look almost identical to miami!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 PM

229 posts, read 1,043,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
You can't tell me that this doesn't look almost identical to miami!
I can't see what you are talking about, but if you are comparing Miami to Honolulu, I just consulted Emporis.com and the 2008 World Almanac and Book of Facts as I have for years, and it's ridiculous to say Honolulu looks identical to Miami.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
I can't see what you are talking about, but if you are comparing Miami to Honolulu, I just consulted Emporis.com and the 2008 World Almanac and Book of Facts as I have for years, and it's ridiculous to say Honolulu looks identical to Miami.
For some reason, the link did not show up, but check out pics of the Honolulu skyline in the regular city data site. They do look awfully similar. That's not a bad thing either, they both look really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City