Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,062,717 times

Advertisements

Anyone who is scared of "hillbillies" has got to be the most pathetic loser in the freaking planet ! Give me a break if you want to see scary people just look at the hypes, junkies, homeless urchins and what ever else the big cities gutters can spew up.
Those so called "hillbillies" may someday save you city pampered folks asses by retaining hunting, fishing and self defence skills. If you're not nice to them they may let you freeze and go hungry when the sh*t comes down !

Old 01-22-2008, 08:12 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,374,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
HA HA HA OMG! I've never heard of something so funny in my entire life! ha ha The rocks fortold you were coming.. ha ha So whats that rock up to? I'm sorry, and people might view it as rude, but I would have got the hell out of there as soon as I saw the sign "Rocks for sale" ha ha Its like on the movie Rat Race where they get lost and Kathy Bates tries to sell them a squirrel.. ha ha THANK YOU for sharing this story with us!
It was so weird.... and creepy.....

I put my rock in my garden and I must say that I had a bumper crop last year. So maybe it does work.

Strange that I live in a nearby state (IL) but felt that I was in a completely different world that day in Kentucky.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Anyone who is scared of "hillbillies" has got to be the most pathetic loser in the freaking planet ! Give me a break if you want to see scary people just look at the hypes, junkies, homeless urchins and what ever else the big cities gutters can spew up.
Those so called "hillbillies" may someday save you city pampered folks asses by retaining hunting, fishing and self defence skills. If you're not nice to them they may let you freeze and go hungry when the sh*t comes down !
Yea I used to have the same response before I ended up in the city itself,then the locals forced me to take a real look at those 'urchins' and how 'harmless' they actually are Appearances can be deceptive right
Agreed that some people's perception of 'hillbilly' is something they saw in the movie 'Deliverance',whom may exist but to what degree?
Tru dat some hillbillies are actually the same as what you'd find in big cities,drugged out crazies...

Old 02-01-2008, 03:22 AM

14 posts, read 51,561 times
I think alot of people are confusing Southern WV and South West VA. Either way you people are gona believe whatever you wan't to anyway's. But there is a significant difference between the nothern part of the 2 stataes. Everybody knows its more of a Arkansas and Kentucky thing anyways.And the people that live in the southern part of those 2 states are like the ppl who live in Arkansas and Kentucky..

Old 02-01-2008, 03:36 AM

14 posts, read 51,561 times
I'm originally from Leesburg VA. So, I think I would know something about that state. And yes anything outside the Northern part of the state is very scary. The people in the Roanoke Va area are a bunch of hicks. I'm sorry but you can't have a southern accent and sound intelligent.LOL

Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 AM

120 posts, read 127,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainebenes View Post
I've always been a little fascinated about the idea that there are these incredibly secluded towns in the hills of Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Towns where people are possibly inbred and choose to keep to themselves and out of mainstream America. Trust me- i'm not making fun of any of these states, simply using the state names that most commonly come up when discussing this matter.

Are there people who live near places like this where it's best not to get too deep into the woods because of the people who live there? Anybody have some good stories to tell? Has my mind been warped by movies such as Deliverance and Wrong Turn?

Just wondering.
Scariest place I've been was "Florence, OR" believe it or not.The "Hillbillies we saw there looked like Charles Manson. Scary!

Old 02-01-2008, 04:10 AM

120 posts, read 127,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
Sounds to me like this post is turning into a chance for City people to make fun of and make derogatory comments about people who live in small towns.

Must have to be perfect to live in the big ol city.
I'll take a "Hillbilly" any day to a "Ghetto Goblin".

Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmover99 View Post
I'll take a "Hillbilly" any day to a "Ghetto Goblin".
What's a ghetto goblin? It sounds like it would fit here but I'm just curious. Obviously there are very few 'hills' in cities and I actually wouldn't insult hillbillies by comparing them to anything in the city,but I wasn't exactly sure what these people are. I just call em zombies

Old 02-01-2008, 10:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinsburgGUy02 View Post
I think alot of people are confusing Southern WV and South West VA. Either way you people are gona believe whatever you wan't to anyway's. But there is a significant difference between the nothern part of the 2 stataes. Everybody knows its more of a Arkansas and Kentucky thing anyways.And the people that live in the southern part of those 2 states are like the ppl who live in Arkansas and Kentucky..
I'm sorry---why is it an Arkansas, Kentucky thing?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm sorry---why is it an Arkansas, Kentucky thing?
somebody just always has to look down on someone else, no matter what.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City