Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tampa Bay vs Galveston Bay
Tampa Bay 22 61.11%
Galveston Bay 14 38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times

Advertisements

Which bay do you prefer? Which has more things to do? Which has better scenery? Which would you rather live? Which would you rather visit?

For me it is even. I like both of them equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 02:06 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,880,875 times
That's it....I'm doing a Rochester, MN vs. Rochester, NY thread!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
That's it....I'm doing a Rochester, MN vs. Rochester, NY thread!
I'm going to with Rochester, NY. So go make the thread now that you've placed an ad for it in this one.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:11 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
This is actually one of the best comparisons I've seen on here in a while.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:51 PM

769 posts, read 1,731,563 times
I have no idea what Galveston Bay is, therefore Tampa.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
I have no idea what Galveston Bay is, therefore Tampa.
Galveston Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay

Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 PM

769 posts, read 1,731,563 times
Oh. Well, I still go with Tampa.

2.8 million > 560,000 population.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:00 PM

848 posts, read 2,127,974 times
I grew up around both Galveston and Tampa Bay.

I lived very near to Clearwater Beach, in fact, and throughout my time, I've done my share of eating, fishing and shopping in Galveston.

I agree, I like them both about equally. They are yin and yang and offer different pleasures.

Galveston is not about the beach, per se. Nothing to brag about in that department. But look at the layout of the Sea Wall. It's cool that way. Open view and not blocked by structures.

The Strand and Sea Wolf Park have always been unique pleasures. These are not vibes which I have ever encountered in Tampa Bay.

Clearwater Beach is the best city beach in America...but commercially very vanilla. Very predictable. Nothing compared to the Strand.

Indian Rocks Beach and Dunedin Beach are the other best Tampa Bay area beaches (but like Clearwater Beach, are in Pinellas County, the beach areas) for much more private enjoyment, less known to tourists. But commercially, lacking.

Galveston has much better food and restaurants in general.

Tampa Bay has its pier with John's Pass Village while Galveston may not be the Houston area Bay Side, it still is not too far from Kemah.

Tampa Bay has better scenery but I still think in terms to do, they're about even, it just depends on what type of activities you prefer. There's the refurbished Dali Museum in St. Pete but then there's Moody Gardens in Galveston...

Galveston is an attachment of the Houston metro so I'd rather take Galveston to "live." Tampa Bay doesn't have the full range of Houston's urban amenities.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,949,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post

I lived very near to Clearwater Beach, in fact, and throughout my time, I've done my share of eating, fishing and shopping in Galveston.

I agree, I like them both about equally. They are yin and yang and offer different pleasures.

Galveston is not about the beach, per se. Nothing to brag about in that department. But look at the layout of the Sea Wall. It's cool that way. Open view and not blocked by structures.

The Strand and Sea Wolf Park have always been unique pleasures. These are not vibes which I have ever encountered in Tampa Bay.

Clearwater Beach is the best city beach in America...but commercially very vanilla. Very predictable. Nothing compared to the Strand.

Indian Rocks Beach and Dunedin Beach are the other best Tampa Bay area beaches (but like Clearwater Beach, are in Pinellas County, the beach areas) for much more private enjoyment, less known to tourists. But commercially, lacking.

Tampa Bay has its pier with John's Pass Village while Galveston may not be the Houston area Bay Side, it still is not too far from Kemah.

Tampa Bay has better scenery but I still think in terms to do, they're about even, it just depends on what type of activities you prefer. There's the refurbished Dali Museum in St. Pete but then there's Moody Gardens in Galveston...

Galveston is an attachment of the Houston metro so I'd rather take Galveston to "live." Tampa Bay doesn't have the full range of Houston's urban amenities.
Right.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post

My vote goes to Tampa Bay because I don't really like how far off the city center of Houston is from the bay. It would have been cool if Houston grew outward where Kemah is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City