Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best nightlife?
Houston 22 6.04%
Austin 25 6.87%
Dallas 18 4.95%
New Orleans 144 39.56%
Memphis 6 1.65%
Nashville 22 6.04%
Atlanta 117 32.14%
Orlando 10 2.75%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:26 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
You know Pookie 'n'em?

That was probably the lamest thing I've heard all year....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 08:35 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
That was probably the lamest thing I've heard all year....
Lamer than your seemingly constant need to continuously remind everyone that you "str8 up hood"?

You ain't a playa, man; you're a nerd, like the rest of us.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Lamer than your seemingly constant need to continuously remind everyone that you "str8 up hood"?

You ain't a playa, man; you're a nerd, like the rest of us.

So I can't be a nerd from the hood? Those do exist playboy. Or should I say playgirl? Because the only people I know named Nairobi are females.

And I am a Playa now, because I was a Nerd and listened to my parents and stayed out of trouble and didn't end up with any kids or any baby mamas. So just off the laws of subtraction I'm a playa now because I'm in my late 20's making money with no kids. Which in Atlanta pretty much enables you to pick what you want. But I'm sure you know that, seeing as how you much you love my town (I love it too), you love my city, you're on the Atlanta forum like 400 going going north. it's all good, we know you love how that ATL taste.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
So I can't be a nerd from the hood? Those do exist playboy. Or should I say playgirl? Because the only people I know named Nairobi are females.

And I am a Playa now, because I was a Nerd and listened to my parents and stayed out of trouble and didn't end up with any kids or any baby mamas. So just off the laws of subtraction I'm a playa now because I'm in my late 20's making money with no kids. Which in Atlanta pretty much enables you to pick what you want. But I'm sure you know that, seeing as how you much you love my town (I love it too), you love my city, you're on the Atlanta forum like 400 going going north. it's all good, we know you love how that ATL taste.
I do love Atlanta. Didn't know that was something I was trying to keep secret.

Either way, I just call it how I see it, and you come off as a poser, to me. Don't pretend to know that I don't come from a place very similar to the one you claim to come from. The difference between me and you is that I don't feel the need to drop street references here and there; something that is embarrassing you far more than you think it's impressing anyone. Most of the posters here are white suburbanites, and they have no idea what you're talking about, half the time.

Oh, and Nairobi is a beautiful city in Africa. That is all.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I do love Atlanta. Didn't know that was something I was trying to keep secret.

Either way, I just call it how I see it, and you come off as a poser, to me. Don't pretend to know that I don't come from a place very similar to the one you claim to come from. The difference between me and you is that I don't feel the need to drop street references here and there; something that is embarrassing you far more than you think it's impressing anyone. Most of the posters here are white suburbanites, and they have no idea what you're talking about, half the time.

Oh, and Nairobi is a beautiful city in Africa. That is all.
Yes, we know you love Atlanta. It's obvious.

Ok dude, think what you want. I'm from Atlanta and I'm proud of it, if you don't like the way I move, that's on you, I could care less. Just keep doing you and I will keep doing me

And I'm well aware of Nairobi, but that's not the only beautiful city in Africa, let alone even Kenya itself. But you couldn't name yourself something like Kisumu or Nakuru? Like really bruh...Nairobi? Up until this point I never paid attention to your posts, I just saw your name. And just going off of that I really thought that you were a female. No offense. I'm actually surprised.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:19 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
How about Windhoek or Antananarivo? They have nice rings to them.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:33 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:

And I'm well aware of Nairobi, but that's not the only beautiful city in Africa, let alone even Kenya itself. But you couldn't name yourself something like Kisumu or Nakuru? Like really bruh...Nairobi? Up until this point I never paid attention to your posts, I just saw your name. And just going off of that I really thought that you were a female. No offense. I'm actually surprised.
why the heck do you have a problem with his screenname.

If he decides to name himself butchlesbo, what's it to you???

You are going to sit there and tell him which city in Africa he should like and use as his name??? What if he is from there??? Geez Louise

Old 12-17-2011, 10:36 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Look at my username for some kicks and giggles, I'm a man too.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Yes, we know you love Atlanta. It's obvious.
I'm certain of it. I've said "I love Atlanta" several times; there's not really a hidden message there.

Quote:
Ok dude, think what you want. I'm from Atlanta and I'm proud of it, if you don't like the way I move, that's on you, I could care less. Just keep doing you and I will keep doing me

Well, I do not know you, so sorry if I offended you.

Nairobi is a city I happen to have a great deal of interest in. Would you have an issue if a male poster decided on the screen name "Charlotte" (after the NC city)?

I still don't know why you didn't like my joke. Everybody knows a Pookie. Man Man? No? Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
why the heck do you have a problem with his screenname.

If he decides to name himself butchlesbo, what's it to you???

You are going to sit there and tell him which city in Africa he should like and use as his name??? What if he is from there??? Geez Louise
I wish...kinda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Look at my username for some kicks and giggles, I'm a man too.
I've been meaning to ask for an explanation on that name. Who is Annie?

Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:

I still don't know why you didn't like my joke. Everybody knows a Pookie. Man Man? No? Okay.

I've been meaning to ask for an explanation on that name. Who is Annie?
I have a cousin Pookie.

Annie was a nickname my best friend came up with in 6th grade. No one calls me Annie though and I have many other accounts with this username if you happen to see it elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City