Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 10:42 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookierocx View Post
Cali-****ing-fornia D:< I honestly hate living here more then the world hate can get. I HATE IT. These ****ing women are stupid ****ing ****s who look like barbie's on oxycotton. The weather is NOT as good as everyone 'says'. People only come to Hollywood for fame & that's why we're so friggin crowded! I would much rather live in New York for the amazing nightlife and the fact that I can lose weight from walking everywhere, or Florida. Miami beach is like what people say: PARADISE.
Gee, your first post on C-D! Now, do you really live in California or is the true that you live in podunk wherever? Troll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:47 AM

276 posts, read 792,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Gee, your first post on C-D! Now, do you really live in California or is the true that you live in podunk wherever? Troll!
Having lived in CA, CO, MD, RI and FL, I would definitely pick this hot and sweaty hell hole of FL hands down!!! I'm just waiting to sell in order to leave. I hate it (hence my user name)!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:11 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridahater View Post
Having lived in CA, CO, MD, RI and FL, I would definitely pick this hot and sweaty hell hole of FL hands down!!! I'm just waiting to sell in order to leave. I hate it (hence my user name)!
I love Florida and have visited there several times. I know summers are very uncomfortable but not winters. Great beaches and fun lifestyle.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Reading the thread, and seeing how the media likes to poke fun at the stereotype we're burdened with because of NYC--- NJ

The Sopranos was the highest rated television series in the history of television-- Have you seen the intro!? No wonder people think the worst.
As much as you all hate the show "Jersey Shore", it was MTV's biggest success because the whole nation apparently wasted their time watching it- As if "Jerry Springer" is any better.... and we all know what region they bank off of , same goes for the Paris Hilton types that's displayed all over TV out west.

It's obvious that this nation enjoys belittling NJ- It's hypocritical.

It has the lowest rape rate, it has some of the lowest poverty rates, it is one of the most educated states, it's the wealthiest state (or the 2nd)- So compared to the rest of America, NJ is a more superior states
And as for its industrial section, well it's where thousands are employed and it's what runs the state so efficiently- Elizabeth NJ (the home of all the refineries) is among the greenest cities.

Last edited by BPerone201; 08-07-2010 at 11:47 AM..

Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Reading the thread, and seeing how the media likes to poke fun at the stereotype we're burdened with because of NYC--- NJ

The Sopranos was the highest rated television series in the history of television-- Have you seen the intro!? No wonder people think the worst.
As much as you all hate the show "Jersey Shore", it was MTV's biggest success because the whole nation apparently wasted their time watching it- As if "Jerry Springer" is any better.... and we all know what region they bank off of , same goes for the Paris Hilton types that's displayed all over TV out west.

It's obvious that this nation enjoys belittling NJ- It's hypocritical.

It has the lowest rape rate, it has some of the lowest poverty rates, it is one of the most educated states, it's the wealthiest state (or the 2nd)- So compared to the rest of America, NJ is a more superior states
And as for its industrial section, well it's where thousands are employed and it's what runs the state so efficiently- Elizabeth NJ (the home of all the refineries) is among the greenest cities.
South Jersey is quite nice , and I know a spot in far NW Jersey that ain't bad ether. Stay out of the Industrial mess , if you can....Unless , of coarse you can afford Short Hills. My brother In law lived there and loved it, but did finally return the Chicago ( north shore), it was more like home coming from the Midwest. Where ever you hang your hat can be made to be acceptable, if you have enough coin.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
If people came to California just for Hollywood why don't you explain to me why Northern California which has absolutely nothing to do with Hollywood has 8.5 million people?

Also tell me why these companies exist in California, because they are NOT linked to Hollywood whatsoever:
List of companies headquartered in San Francisco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ Any of those companies or their products have an effect on your life?

Also if you hate living there so much, which is arguably the best state in the nation, then good luck in Florida & New York, instead of complaining about living there, just leave.

Be warned though, getting a job in Florida will be rougher than California.
That poster was obviously a troll. they only have one post. and they think Miami is paradise comapred to the whole state of California?!? HAHA That made my day

Old 08-07-2010, 02:57 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
That poster was obviously a troll. they only have one post. and they think Miami is paradise comapred to the whole state of California?!? HAHA That made my day
My favorite part of their post was "the weather here is not as nice as people say.... Miami is paradise".

ROFL LOL! When he gets back on, I'm going to ask him to mail his weed pipe to me.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:30 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default Love your name!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridahater View Post
Going back to Dante's Inferno tonight from visiting my kids in NY. It was 68 degrees last night in NY. If I am LUCKY, it will be 68 degrees in FEBRUARY in SW Florida.

Don't you just love the 4 seasons here? Hot, hotter, hottest, HELL.

Old 08-07-2010, 04:27 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Going back to Dante's Inferno tonight from visiting my kids in NY. It was 68 degrees last night in NY. If I am LUCKY, it will be 68 degrees in FEBRUARY in SW Florida.

Don't you just love the 4 seasons here? Hot, hotter, hottest, HELL.
Tryed it for five years down there around Sarasota, and the offshore islands. was bearable when we lived on the boat, after that on the land it was way too much...the bugs and the heat. There was a reason in the old days why only the Crackers found Florida livable, outside of Jacksonville.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:47 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
New Jersey (the media is having a field day lately), Arizona (everyone knows why), TX (rewriting history), CA (the govenor), WV, AR, MS, AL, TN, GA (we all know the stereotypes -- toothless, illiterate and the butt of so many jokes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City