Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Capital of Hispanic America?
Dallas 4 1.70%
Denver 4 1.70%
Houston 16 6.81%
LA 109 46.38%
Miami 115 48.94%
San Antonio 25 10.64%
San Diego 10 4.26%
Other 18 7.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 11:10 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
Wonder where the person saying someone visiting Boston would experience more Hispanic culture than Houston is. It’s pretty clear that’s not true and I have no idea why everyone thinks Houston’s Hispanic population of only Mexican.
Lol that doesn't mane sense, Boston is NOT a great place to learn about Hispanic culture as a visitor.

There is much Hispanic culture in dense ghettoized americanized pockets. And honestly in *Boston* much of the Hispanic culture where it exist is overwhelmed by local anglophone/francophone/lusophone black tropical cultures. The actual well preserved “Hispanic” culture parts are north/northeast of downtown Boston where visitors do not go. Places like Revere Lynn Chelsea Everett and East Boston. I ranked those in increasing order of tourism likelihood.

But because those areas are places of necessity and urbanites many aspects of Hispanic culture are not as well preserved as I saw in Colorado California and Texas where there's a wider array of Hispanic economic population actions. Hispanic in New England and Boston are some of the poorest and ‘least succeaful’ in the United States. Which severely limits their ability to stay connected and preserve their roots and negatively impacts their representation civically and politically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 03:40 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Lol that doesn't mane sense, Boston is NOT a great place to learn about Hispanic culture as a visitor.

There is much Hispanic culture in dense ghettoized americanized pockets. And honestly in *Boston* much of the Hispanic culture where it exist is overwhelmed by local anglophone/francophone/lusophone black tropical cultures. The actual well preserved “Hispanic” culture parts are north/northeast of downtown Boston where visitors do not go. Places like Revere Lynn Chelsea Everett and East Boston. I ranked those in increasing order of tourism likelihood.

But because those areas are places of necessity and urbanites many aspects of Hispanic culture are not as well preserved as I saw in Colorado California and Texas where there's a wider array of Hispanic economic population actions. Hispanic in New England and Boston are some of the poorest and ‘least succeaful’ in the United States. Which severely limits their ability to stay connected and preserve their roots and negatively impacts their representation civically and politically.
If you are purposely using incorrect grammar to indirectly insult me please stop with your rant! Sometimes I overlook punctuation, spelling or don't proofread my post well enough before I submit, and the edit button is sometimes not available. My posts 99% of the time make sense and are free of grammatical errors.

I noticed one of my last posts wasn't clear and concise on the point I was trying to make, and could no longer edit my post.

Last edited by SweethomeSanAntonio; 06-19-2023 at 04:10 PM..

Old 06-19-2023, 04:23 PM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
If you are purposely using incorrect grammar to indirectly insult me please stop with your rant! Sometimes I overlook punctuation, spelling or don't proofread my post well enough before I submit, and the edit button is sometimes not available. My posts 99% of the time make sense and are free of grammatical errors.

I noticed one of my last posts wasn't clear and concise on the point I was trying to make, and could no longer edit my post.
I've gone back and forth with BBMM for years at this point. I do not think at all he was trying to insult you. That isn't his style.

We were wondering where the person who claimed that Boston was somehow more of a Hispanic capital than Miami. That was out in left field. That wasnt you though.

Old 06-19-2023, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post

I don't think my post was in reference to your post- was it? if it was...idk if you can effectively guilt me with grammar. It's a long shot at best.

Old 06-19-2023, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I've gone back and forth with BBMM for years at this point. I do not think at all he was trying to insult you. That isn't his style.

We were wondering where the person who claimed that Boston was somehow more of a Hispanic capital than Miami. That was out in left field. That wasnt you though.
Hold on my brother- Gone back and forth about what? Hispanics and tourism in Boston?

I don't think so. I think we're probably on the same page. Albeit not a topic I've discussed much

Old 06-19-2023, 05:03 PM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Hold on my brother- Gone back and forth about what? Hispanics and tourism in Boston?

I don't think so. I think we're probably on the same page. Albeit not a topic I've discussed much
No I meant on many various topics. Wasn’t referring to this topic. Was saying you’re not the type to subtly mock grammar as a way of insulting.

Old 06-19-2023, 05:06 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,160,062 times
Vegas?

Old 06-19-2023, 05:10 PM

Quote:
No I meant on many various topics. Wasn’t referring to this topic. Was saying you’re not the type to subtly mock grammar as a way of insulting.
Oh yea.. grammar policing is very 8th grade. This isn't a published work. Would be a lame insult/dig

Old 06-19-2023, 06:09 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Largest Nationalities by Concentration
Phoenix: Mexican - 88.7%
San Diego: Mexican - 87.0%
Fort Worth: Mexican - 85.2%
San Antonio: Mexican - 85.1%
Albuquerque: Mexican - 84.4%
Denver: Mexican - 82.7%
San Jose: Mexican - 82.2%
Chicago: Mexican - 80.3%
Dallas: Mexican - 78.6%
Las Vegas: Mexican - 69.3%
Austin: Mexican - 67.4%
Los Angeles: Mexican - 56.3%
Houston: Mexican - 54.0%
Miami: Cuban - 51.5%
Tampa: Cuban - 49.1%
New York City: Dominican - 42.7%
Boston: Dominican - 41.7%
San Francisco: Mexican - 41.4%
Philadelphia: Dominican - 39.4%
Washington DC: Salvadoran - 34.0%
Charlotte: Mexican - 32.8%
Orlando: Venezuelan - 30.0%
I think Brooklyn Jo would have had a legitimate case about Houston's Hispanic culture if it looked like Phoenix/ San Diego/ San Antonio or even Chicago. But the fact that it's 54.0% pretty much shows that the Mexican culture is not as dominant as some people think it is. Which I think kinda confirms what I said before. People will automatically assume Central Americans are Mexicans based off phenotype.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:57 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Real quick. Brazil and Haiti are definitely Latin American nations. But they are not Hispanic nations. If the main language is of a Romance Language in America, you are considered Latin America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City