Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SD or Denver?
Denver 114 40.00%
San Diego 171 60.00%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposable2 View Post
I bef to differ, I stand by what I said, LA is much more of a destination by Phoenicians and beyond, until you can show something to back up your claims there's really nothing to argue about.
I don't really feel like baking up anything. I run a business here in Phoenix, and my clients are always going on about quick get-aways to SD for RnR. No one is mentioning LA to me. No one is talking aobut Denver, unless they are mentioning how they are from Denver. No proof of anything, but I as it stands where I live, SD appears to be the place to go. If you have numerical data..honestly you will probably just bore the heck out of everyone....especially since this thread isn't really about LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 02:44 AM

281 posts, read 473,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I don't really feel like baking up anything. I run a business here in Phoenix, and my clients are always going on about quick get-aways to SD for RnR. No one is mentioning LA to me. No one is talking aobut Denver, unless they are mentioning how they are from Denver. No proof of anything, but I as it stands where I live, SD appears to be the place to go. If you have numerical data..honestly you will probably just bore the heck out of everyone....especially since this thread isn't really about LA.
So in other words you have no data right? Just wanted to get that out of the way, like you said this is about SD and Denver, I won't bother with this argument anymore.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
So in other words you have no data right? Just wanted to get that out of the way, like you said this is about SD and Denver, I won't bother with this argument anymore.
Well there you go, you have your confirmation that I was stating an opinion based on real life experience and No I did not do a research paper. Good, I am glad you feel better.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:37 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
Quote:
LOL you're just mad LA greatly overshadows your cute little coastal town without even trying.
Um, sure. I could get paid 2 times as much doing the exact same work in LA today, but I wouldn't move there if I got paid 10 times as much. It's like saying the desirable Lake towns in Michigan feel "overshadowed" by Detroit or that the nice parts of Conneticut are "overshadowed" by Hartford. LA is a crime infested smog ridden part of Mexico. Unfortunatley, some that are unfamiliar with San Diego associate our fine city in any way with that garbage heap. If you truly like it, please do me a favor and stay in it and don't visit our quiet little coastal town! The fewer LA visitors the better!

Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Um, sure. I could get paid 2 times as much doing the exact same work in LA today, but I wouldn't move there if I got paid 10 times as much. It's like saying the desirable Lake towns in Michigan feel "overshadowed" by Detroit or that the nice parts of Conneticut are "overshadowed" by Hartford. LA is a crime infested smog ridden part of Mexico. Unfortunatley, some that are unfamiliar with San Diego associate our fine city in any way with that garbage heap. If you truly like it, please do me a favor and stay in it and don't visit our quiet little coastal town! The fewer LA visitors the better!
But we're not talking about small towns in Michigan dawg, we're talking about what's suppose to be a big city in its own right with its own metro, SD will always play second fiddle to the big dawg up north and LA will always overshadow its little sister down south, you know whatta mean jakedawg?

FYI, LA is the safest big city over a million in the nation, so talk to the hand dawg

Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
So you could be making $24 an hour in LA? Take it!

Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 PM

10,751 posts, read 23,828,256 times
Wow! This thread sucks!

Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,887,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Wow! This thread sucks!
As opposed to the many threads on this forum which are good and don't degenerate to spitting matches?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 PM

10,751 posts, read 23,828,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
As opposed to the many threads on this forum which are good and don't degenerate to spitting matches?
Some are worse than others, this one is awful.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:08 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Some are worse than others, this one is awful.
Yeah, all the California posters did was boast on about how beautiful SD is. Like, we get it (and never even thought otherwise), move on. I feel like there was minimal to no other topic that was discussed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City