Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has better nightlife and entertainment?
Boston 19 22.09%
Philly 38 44.19%
DC 29 33.72%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Again, it's in your own perspective. What you may think is not the general consensus amongst every single person. You do not speak for all straight guys in the world.
It's not my perspective. No women = bad night. Period. That's why women are the most important thing.

Quote:
I never said women weren't important, but women are not THE SINGLE most important factor when *rating* nightlife. There's more to it than that. Anybody who's ever owned a bar or club or lounge would laugh in your ****ing face at this notion. While women play an important role in driving sales, not all of it. The music, the drinks, the overall atmosphere of the place, and then the women for the guys ALL contribute to that.
You act like "the most important thing" and "not the only thing" are somehow contradictory. Why can't something be the most important thing but yet not the only thing creating a good party? Michael Jordan can be the main reason why the Bulls won 6 rings without being the only reason, right?

Quote:
You're confusing straight guys with a shred of class with straight guys who want to **** anything that looks good and breathes. There is a difference. Just because I don't take home a woman every night I go out to a bar or club doesn't mean I am gay or asexual.
Could you please spare me the sanctimony?

Quote:
The women who are at these places though, love it. That's why they're there, but not every single woman is like that. If you really think that, then you don't know women at all. I can't tell you how much **** my own girlfriend or previous girlfriends have told me. The ones for you are at the clubs, sure, but outside of that, not every woman has the same MO as you think.
Mmm hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Could you please spare me the sanctimony?
Sanctimony? No, there's a difference between high minded and having standards, BRAH. In no way am I sanctimonious person. Unlike yourself, I have experienced a lot of different **** in my life. Unlike yourself, I do more than just go to clubs every ****ing weekend and actually get out and experience different **** in the world. I have no problem getting laid when I want to though.

Yeah, a lot of women at clubs and certain types of bars do want to get taken home by a guy, but that doesn't represent every type of woman out there. It represent a subset of them. Do a lot of people want to meet someone? Yeah, but some people do have some class and sometimes they don't do it right away with the person with a one night stand.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this **** though, because as you said you don't care about personality or talking to women. It's obvious you only know one subset of them, which are the ones who do want to get taken home by you. I guess I would be tricked into thinking they represent all women. Oh wait, I once was like that...

Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Sanctimony? No, there's a difference between high minded and having standards, BRAH. In no way am I sanctimonious person. Unlike yourself, I have experienced a lot of different **** in my life. Unlike yourself, I do more than just go to clubs every ****ing weekend and actually get out and experience different **** in the world. I have no problem getting laid when I want to though.
You're not sanctimonious? You sound about as contradictory as Marion Barry.

"I am a great mayor. I am great man. I am an intelligent man. I am a humble man."

Old 05-22-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You're not sanctimonious? You sound about as contradictory as Marion Barry.

"I am a great mayor. I am great man. I am an intelligent man. I am a humble man."
Okay, well if that's sanctimonous then I'll gladly take having a ton of different experiences in my life everyday than doing the same **** every single weekend of my life.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't expect you to know any of this **** though, because as you said you don't care about personality or talking to women.
I care about personality. I just don't care about it in the club. Personality is a good look on fat chicks though.

Quote:
It's obvious you only know one subset of them, which are the ones who do want to get taken home by you. I guess I would be tricked into thinking they represent all women. Oh wait, I once was like that...
And then erectile dysfunction kicked in?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, well if that's sanctimonous then I'll gladly take having a ton of different experiences in my life everyday than doing the same **** every single weekend of my life.
And you know what I do every single weekend how?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
And then erectile dysfunction kicked in?
No, then I started actually talking to people and realized how to accomplish the same **** without looking desperate to get with anything that looks good and has two legs.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
No, then I started actually talking to people and realized how to accomplish the same **** without looking desperate to get with anything that looks good and has two legs.
Accomplish what? And how would one look desperate trying to "get with anything that looks good and has two legs?"

Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
And you know what I do every single weekend how?
I'm guessing based off our conversations that you go to the same types of places every weekend. I used to be the same way and I still have many friends who are the exact same as you.

I mean, listen this is personal ****, nothing is going to change anybody's mind, but please for the love of god, I hope you don't come off as one of those idiotic desperate guys at the club.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Accomplish what? And how would one look desperate trying to "get with anything that looks good and has two legs?"
You do realize that a lot of women can smell someone who is "desperate" (you could say "low self esteem" with this too) in this realm from a mile away, right? They can tell when a guy is trying too hard, which is most guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City